Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have a second referendum? 13:04 - Oct 15 with 9553 viewsItchySphincter

Should we have a second referendum?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:04 - Oct 15 with 3373 viewsItchySphincter

Init.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:11 - Oct 15 with 3344 viewsLohengrin

A second referendum would leave the country even more polarised than it is now, if such a thing were possible?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:17 - Oct 15 with 3315 viewsRokerite

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:04 - Oct 15 by ItchySphincter

Init.

For those like me who voted in 1975 it would be a third referendum. I had to wait forty-one years to reverse my vote. Give it half that time and if there's any appetite for another vote in 2035 we'll have one then; there won't be.
Should we have a second referendum? on 13:23 - Oct 15 with 3289 viewsomarjack

I'm going to be fried for this, but the truth must be told even when it's harsh.

Remainers lost the vote and it was hard to swallow. But wanting a 2nd vote is childish. If Remain won, and the Leave voters acted like how many Remain voters are acting now with their 2nd vote demand and all, We would have went through the roof, calling them un-democratic etc.

Sometimes (often nowadays), morons hijack democracy. And if 51% of people want the wrong thing should we just let them? Or should we take democracy away from those we deem unworthy of it?

Tough call, But I'll say no.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:37 - Oct 15 with 3258 viewsbyron

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:23 - Oct 15 by omarjack

I'm going to be fried for this, but the truth must be told even when it's harsh.

Remainers lost the vote and it was hard to swallow. But wanting a 2nd vote is childish. If Remain won, and the Leave voters acted like how many Remain voters are acting now with their 2nd vote demand and all, We would have went through the roof, calling them un-democratic etc.

Sometimes (often nowadays), morons hijack democracy. And if 51% of people want the wrong thing should we just let them? Or should we take democracy away from those we deem unworthy of it?

If you take out voters over 65 the figures were so different it really begs belief. It could take the co7ntry 10 years to recover and most of those that voted out will either be dead or unable to work or anything anyway. So many people were clueless when they voted. I dread to think the millions already wasted on it when it could be put elsewhere desperately. I hate politicians, one of the reasons why so many I know didn’t want the assembly in Cardiff, we voted not to have it if you recall. You lot begged for it. It begs belief.

Benny

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:43 - Oct 15 with 3246 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:23 - Oct 15 by omarjack

”...morons hijack Democracy.”

Can you not allow that there were principled folk who campaigned for a Leave vote at all? I was listening to an interview a couple of days ago with Gordon Wilson, former SNP Chairman from the late ‘70s through to the early ‘90s. I’ll have to look around and see if it’s available on Podcast somewhere. He estimated that something like 35% of SNP members voted to back Brexit. Not because they are somehow anti-European, far from it in fact, but because they were informed enough to realise the full implications of Sections 24 and 42 of The Lisbon Treaty and how it was laying the legal groundwork for the formation of a fully integrated, centralised super-state.

Some may think that a logical development and welcome it. He didn’t and there are people all over Europe that consider that a step too far, none of them ‘morons.’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:23 - Oct 15 with 3185 viewsHighjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:37 - Oct 15 by byron

If you take out voters over 65 the figures were so different it really begs belief. It could take the co7ntry 10 years to recover and most of those that voted out will either be dead or unable to work or anything anyway. So many people were clueless when they voted. I dread to think the millions already wasted on it when it could be put elsewhere desperately. I hate politicians, one of the reasons why so many I know didn’t want the assembly in Cardiff, we voted not to have it if you recall. You lot begged for it. It begs belief.

Should we withhold the vote from the old because they might be dead soon? What about people suffering from illness? They could snuff it soon. Any one of us could be splatted by a bus this afternoon.

We’re probably better off just giving the power to decide every facet of our lives back to the Queen or some unelected bankers, we are clearly too mortal and prone to death to have any sort of say in how we’re governed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:37 - Oct 15 with 3162 viewstrinityann

Everyone I know over 65 voted remain.
Login to get fewer ads

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:40 - Oct 15 with 3159 viewsHighjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:37 - Oct 15 by trinityann

Everyone I know over 65 voted remain.

Well their vote should not count because they will be dead at some point and I hope you have told them in no uncertain terms how worthless their opinion is and they should never offer comment on any situation in future under any circumstances.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:47 - Oct 15 with 3150 viewsHighjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 13:17 - Oct 15 by Rokerite

For those like me who voted in 1975 it would be a third referendum. I had to wait forty-one years to reverse my vote. Give it half that time and if there's any appetite for another vote in 2035 we'll have one then; there won't be.

Lots of people who voted in 1975 are dead now so that vote should be declared null and void.

Should we have a second referendum? on 15:08 - Oct 15 with 3118 viewspeenemunde

After the 2nd can we have a 3rd and a 4th......and keep going maybe one every year.
Should we have a second referendum? on 15:31 - Oct 15 with 3092 viewsBatterseajack

Leavers certainly aren't confident about winning a second referendum.
Should we have a second referendum? on 15:33 - Oct 15 with 3085 viewspeenemunde

Should we have a second referendum? on 15:31 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

Leavers certainly aren't confident about winning a second referendum.

Can we have best out of 3 😂
Should we have a second referendum? on 15:40 - Oct 15 with 3080 viewsBatterseajack

Should we have a second referendum? on 15:33 - Oct 15 by peenemunde

Can we have best out of 3 😂

If the circumstances significantly change after the second referendum, then yes.
Should we have a second referendum? on 15:46 - Oct 15 with 3069 viewspeenemunde

Should we have a second referendum? on 15:40 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

If the circumstances significantly change after the second referendum, then yes.

And if things change after the 3rd, shall we have a 4th ?
The largest mandate in the history of this country is what the leave side won in 2016.
There won’t be another referendum and traitors such as yourself can go to hell. 👍
Should we have a second referendum? on 15:59 - Oct 15 with 3043 viewsGowerjack

Reluctantly no.

Democracy see innit.

Despite the fact Brexit is a disaster waiting to happen.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Should we have a second referendum? on 16:09 - Oct 15 with 3036 viewscmajack

Shall we just keep having referendums till you get the result that you want. I'm under 65 and voted to leave, and i would vote exactly the same way again. The leave voters won fair and square it's called democracy. The remoaners are using every scare tactic possible, companies pulling out of Uk , shortages of vital supplies etc. The truth is nobody is quite sure what will happen after brexit, but hey the world is a big place we don't have to trade with just EU countries, and don't forget the EU still wants to trade with the Uk as much as you say we need them. And finally if the so called younger generation had got off their backsides and voted like the over 65s you may just have got the vote you desired.
Should we have a second referendum? on 16:21 - Oct 15 with 3019 viewsLeonWasGod

Should we have a second referendum? on 16:09 - Oct 15 by cmajack

Shall we just keep having referendums till you get the result that you want. I'm under 65 and voted to leave, and i would vote exactly the same way again. The leave voters won fair and square it's called democracy. The remoaners are using every scare tactic possible, companies pulling out of Uk , shortages of vital supplies etc. The truth is nobody is quite sure what will happen after brexit, but hey the world is a big place we don't have to trade with just EU countries, and don't forget the EU still wants to trade with the Uk as much as you say we need them. And finally if the so called younger generation had got off their backsides and voted like the over 65s you may just have got the vote you desired.

"The leave voters won fair and square". Not according to the electoral commission.
Should we have a second referendum? on 16:22 - Oct 15 with 3016 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 15:59 - Oct 15 by Gowerjack

Reluctantly no.

Democracy see innit.

Despite the fact Brexit is a disaster waiting to happen.

No more general elections then?
Should we have a second referendum? on 16:33 - Oct 15 with 3003 viewsbyron

Should we have a second referendum? on 14:40 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Well their vote should not count because they will be dead at some point and I hope you have told them in no uncertain terms how worthless their opinion is and they should never offer comment on any situation in future under any circumstances.

I did, my parents in law. Clueless about almost everything, just about sums it up.

Benny

Should we have a second referendum? on 16:34 - Oct 15 with 3003 viewscontroversial_jack

Yes, as the last referendum was based on proven lies and misinformation from the leave campaign, not to mention the irregularities, it should be be declared null and void as that's not what democracy is supposed to be about.
Should we have a second referendum? on 16:48 - Oct 15 with 2989 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Should we have a second referendum? on 17:02 - Oct 15 with 2948 viewslondonlisa2001

Suspect if it ends up in a no deal scenario, there will be another referendum.

Word on the street is that May thinks it may be the best way out for her as it’s the only way of both shutting up ERG and calling Corbyn’s bluff, and she has indicated that if opinion polls show 60% support for another referendum in a no deal scenario, she will be inclined to back it.

We’ll see soon enough.
Should we have a second referendum? on 17:10 - Oct 15 with 2921 viewsLeonWasGod

Should we have a second referendum? on 17:02 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Word on the street is that May thinks it may be the best way out for her as it’s the only way of both shutting up ERG and calling Corbyn’s bluff, and she has indicated that if opinion polls show 60% support for another referendum in a no deal scenario, she will be inclined to back it.

We’ll see soon enough.

Timelines would be interesting on that. She'd need a referendum result before March, ideally with a bit of wiggle room in case things don't go the way she hopes (which is likely given her history!). And then we'd need quite a few weeks to get prepared for one. Which means we'd need to be sure of a no deal by when? Early-mid December? As I guess we will be if no progress is made by the time of the summit in November and the last EU session in mid-December.

I'd be surprised if we have one, but who knows with the way this farce is being run.
Should we have a second referendum? on 17:21 - Oct 15 with 2901 viewsHighjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 17:02 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

We’ll see soon enough.

Yeah I suspect this has been the plan from the start. It’s clear it’s been Government policy since the day of the referendum result to reverse the vote in such a way that’ll keep us on the same direction of travel at all costs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024