Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Skill by this Pilot. 18:22 - Oct 15 with 2725 viewslifelong

Landing at Bristol airport in the recent storm.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2018-10-15/tui-plane-lands-sideways-during-
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:25 - Oct 15 with 2718 viewsJackfath

I bet the passengers were clapping him after that. Beats me why they do when the landing is perfectly normal.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:29 - Oct 15 with 2707 viewslifelong

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:25 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

I bet the passengers were clapping him after that. Beats me why they do when the landing is perfectly normal.

Passengers don’t seem to clap these days, 30 years ago the whole plane full of passengers would clap, no matter what the landing was like.
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:32 - Oct 15 with 2706 viewsjack2jack

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:39 - Oct 15 with 2678 viewspeenemunde

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:25 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

I’ve never seen people clapping, on landing.
Is this another urban myth ?
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:42 - Oct 15 with 2675 viewsJackfath

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:39 - Oct 15 by peenemunde

I've both seen and heard them my little friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:44 - Oct 15 with 2663 viewspeenemunde

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:42 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

I’ve also seen lightning at night, but doesn’t mean it happens every night does it.
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:58 - Oct 15 with 2653 viewsPrivate_Partz

It annoys me when I see planes landing and taking off in such concitions. They should be diverted - end of.
It's only the greedhead money men that are prepared to take risks with other people's lives to keep their schedules up to date.
Bristol was on the edge of a very destructive storm.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 19:05 - Oct 15 with 2642 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:58 - Oct 15 by Private_Partz

It annoys me when I see planes landing and taking off in such concitions. They should be diverted - end of.
It's only the greedhead money men that are prepared to take risks with other people's lives to keep their schedules up to date.

Losing an airframe worth tens of millions of pounds, having your stock plummet and compensating the families of hundreds of dead passengers would be far more expensive than paying a few thousand pounds in extra fuel to divert somewhere else.

I'm sure if there was even the remotest possibility of a crosswind landing being dangerous they'd divert. Instead this happens hundreds of times everyday around the world with no trouble.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 20:01 - Oct 15 with 2586 viewsCooperman

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 19:05 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Losing an airframe worth tens of millions of pounds, having your stock plummet and compensating the families of hundreds of dead passengers would be far more expensive than paying a few thousand pounds in extra fuel to divert somewhere else.

I'm sure if there was even the remotest possibility of a crosswind landing being dangerous they'd divert. Instead this happens hundreds of times everyday around the world with no trouble.

That’s right. Today’s pilots are not only highly skilled in flying, they are also experts in risk assessment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 20:37 - Oct 15 with 2557 viewsjackmorsel

Everyday occurrence in many airports. Crab landings the norm is crosswinds like this, if there was any problem the pilot would have gone around (aborted landing) and either tried again or diverted, all of these are potential outcomes factored into every flight.

Just have a look on https://www.flightradar24.com/51.14,-3.01/9 and see how many flights are in the air at any one time in this type of weather or for a pilots view look on https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news-13/ and see these landings don't even make it onto the pilots own forum. Some interesting stuff on there though!
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 21:02 - Oct 15 with 2516 viewsMrSwerve

All planes have certain crosswind limits and the pilots know what to expect when they're on final...there's no 'luck' to this, just preparation.

Some great skill though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 05:53 - Oct 16 with 2393 viewspeenemunde

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:58 - Oct 15 by Private_Partz

This above post 👆proves you don’t know what you are talking about.
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 06:53 - Oct 16 with 2384 viewsLord_Bony

Feck.

I ll be landing there tomorrow.

Hope there's no more shit storms on the way. Nice bit of flying btw.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 09:53 - Oct 16 with 2319 viewsPrivate_Partz

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 19:05 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There are horror stories everywhere. I have heard one from a punter on a flight to Homg Kong. Two people died on the flight and the aircraft landed and was scrapped at the airport as a result of the damage it sustained.
I agree there are massive risks if there is a crash but risks are taken nonetheless to keep schedules up to date.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 09:56 - Oct 16 with 2317 viewsPrivate_Partz

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 05:53 - Oct 16 by peenemunde

This above post 👆proves you don’t know what you are talking about.

Well there is my post above where it suggest I think I do. There you go though, agree to disagree. I am not changing my view.

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 2298 viewsLoyal

Your ears will help you more ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 12:10 - Oct 16 with 2257 viewsbazzool

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:42 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

And me , we flew to cyprus and when we landed there were loads clapping
Some Skill by this Pilot. on 12:47 - Oct 16 with 2241 viewstrampie

Its a Welsh thing, its nice to go but even nicer to come back and why not when you are coming home to the greatest country in the World.
Everytime ive returned to Rhoose airport there has been huge rounds of applause on landing, when on returning flights to the occupied territories [England] there has been the occasional ripple of applause [no doubt Welshies].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 13:13 - Oct 16 with 2224 viewsLeonWasGod

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 12:47 - Oct 16 by trampie

Its a Welsh thing, its nice to go but even nicer to come back and why not when you are coming home to the greatest country in the World.
Everytime ive returned to Rhoose airport there has been huge rounds of applause on landing, when on returning flights to the occupied territories [England] there has been the occasional ripple of applause [no doubt Welshies].

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 18:11 - Oct 16 with 2165 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 09:53 - Oct 16 by Private_Partz

There are horror stories everywhere. I have heard one from a punter on a flight to Homg Kong. Two people died on the flight and the aircraft landed and was scrapped at the airport as a result of the damage it sustained.
I agree there are massive risks if there is a crash but risks are taken nonetheless to keep schedules up to date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_642

If that is what you're referring to, it was pilot error and completely avoidable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 09:11 - Oct 18 with 2046 viewsMrSwerve

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 09:53 - Oct 16 by Private_Partz

Air travel is the safest mode of transport by far.

The number of 'horror stories' are minuscule compared to the number of flights that happen per year.

Also, I think that people go over the top with their stories...generally people are nervous or apprehensive flyers, and a bit of turbulence can be made to sound like a horror flight.

Some Skill by this Pilot. on 15:40 - Oct 18 with 1992 viewsMrSwerve

Here's the full vid for those that are interested. Quite a few go-arounds and diversions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024