Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? 10:47 - Oct 16 with 2869 viewstheloneranger

Plans to ditch the £50 note were scrapped recently, and a new redesigned one to appear in 2020.

There are calls for a woman to be the face of this new note, and a group calling themselves "Guido Fawkes" are campaigning and running a petition for that face to be "Margaret Thatcher"...!!

If that face is to be of a woman ...

What names would you put forward??
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 14:01]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 10:52 - Oct 16 with 2216 viewstheloneranger

Forgot to mention my nomination ...

Edith Cavell

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 12:40 - Oct 16 with 2146 viewssherpajacob

Bobby Charlton and Meryl Streep
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 12:41]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 13:03 - Oct 16 with 2101 viewsomarjack

Theresa May will get one of these one day.

That would wind up..everyone.

Also a Boris Johnson (future PM) note would be intriguing.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 13:04 - Oct 16 with 2095 viewstrampie

I would be surprised if she does not end up on a note.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:06 - Oct 16 with 2008 viewspikeypaul

I agree Margaret Thatcher would be a great choice,she's probably done more good for Great Britain in the last 100 years than any other women.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:07 - Oct 16 with 2005 viewsdickythorpe

Esther Rantzen did great work setting up Childline.
Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:32 - Oct 16 with 1966 viewstrampie

Has anyone actually seen a 50 quid note ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 1966 viewstheloneranger

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:32 - Oct 16 by trampie

You used to be able to buy them for £20 a few years ago

Login to get fewer ads

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:52 - Oct 16 with 1946 viewsDarran

My mate tried to pay with one on the Liberty concourse a couple of years ago.

The student girl behind the counter said “what is it?”

He said “it’s a £50 note.”

She said “is it real?”

He said “of course it’s real.”

She said “sorry but I’m going to have to call my supervisor.”

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 19:23 - Oct 16 with 1903 viewstrampie

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:06 - Oct 16 by pikeypaul

I agree Margaret Thatcher would be a great choice,she's probably done more good for Great Britain in the last 100 years than any other women.

She did more bad for Great Britain than any other woman.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 20:46 - Oct 16 with 1878 viewsLoyal

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 19:23 - Oct 16 by trampie

She did more bad for Great Britain than any other woman.

Don't worry tramp, as long as you call Britain Great I'm happy ✌️

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 21:51 - Oct 16 with 1833 viewstrampie

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 20:46 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Don't worry tramp, as long as you call Britain Great I'm happy ✌️

The Great in Great Britain is reference to the largest island in a group of islands.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:18 - Oct 16 with 1813 viewsHighjack

Whatever your opinion of Thatcher and her politics she got to the top in a world that was utterly dominated by men, before so called progressive politics and before all woman shortlists etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:27 - Oct 16 with 1801 viewstrampie

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:18 - Oct 16 by Highjack

Whatever your opinion of Thatcher and her politics she got to the top in a world that was utterly dominated by men, before so called progressive politics and before all woman shortlists etc.

She was special alright and as a result she set women's rights back decades.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:32 - Oct 16 with 1797 viewsHighjack

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:27 - Oct 16 by trampie

Which specific rights did she take away from women out of interest?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:40 - Oct 16 with 1786 viewstrampie

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:32 - Oct 16 by Highjack

Which specific rights did she take away from women out of interest?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4435414.stm

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:47 - Oct 16 with 1774 viewsthornabyswan

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:06 - Oct 16 by pikeypaul

Thought the world of Pinochet a murdering dictator and called Mandella a nasty little terrorist.
An evil fukcing woman is how I would describe her.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:58 - Oct 16 with 1760 viewsbuilthjack

Burn them if she's on it. Pure evil witch

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 23:38 - Oct 16 with 1732 viewsHighjack

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:40 - Oct 16 by trampie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4435414.stm

So none then.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 09:21 - Oct 17 with 1639 viewsjackal

I actually had one a couple of months ago.

No one would take it. Even M&S refused. Eventually Tesco took it, but even then I had to go to Customer Service because the cashier wouldn't.
Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 14:08 - Oct 17 with 1558 viewstrampie

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 23:38 - Oct 16 by Highjack

So none then.

She was in a position to advance women's rights but didn't, it is the trait of many successful women not just Thatcher - 'where's the fire'.

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 15:39 - Oct 17 with 1534 viewspikeypaul

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 23:38 - Oct 16 by Highjack

So none then.

PMSL😂😂😂😂

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 15:51 - Oct 17 with 1526 viewsCatullus

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 22:27 - Oct 16 by trampie

I saw a program that showed how Thatcher had made it harder for other women in politics, she didn't promote other women and got rid of a few. She wanted to be the only Queen Bee, beides Her Maj of course.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 15:54 - Oct 17 with 1526 viewsFireboy2

if that sl@g gets on the £50 note as not many normal working class people will see her ugly fvcking mug

But she didnt do much for the working class did she
Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 18:11 - Oct 17 with 1489 viewsHighjack

Margaret Thatcher on the new £50 note ??? on 15:51 - Oct 17 by Catullus

I saw a program that showed how Thatcher had made it harder for other women in politics, she didn't promote other women and got rid of a few. She wanted to be the only Queen Bee, beides Her Maj of course.

There were also lots of men she didn’t promote and lots of men she got rid of for the sake of keeping power. There can’t have been that many female Tories in the eighties, Edwina Currie and Virginia Bottomley are the main ones I can think of who got to relatively high status and they were both utterly useless and dogged by scandal.

Just getting to Prime Minister in the first place in what was a complete and total mans world should be enough for women’s rights but for some reason feminists always conveniently ignore it. She might have ended up being a complete and utter bell end in lots of ways but she still rose to the top despite not having a bell end of her own which in those days was out of the question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024