Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French Guyana Border - NI Border 13:43 - Oct 17 with 5544 viewswestwalesed

French Guyana is part of France, uses the Euro, and is part of the territory of the European Union.

It's border is over 1200km long and is shared with Brazil and Suriname. Is it a hard border all the way? I have no idea.

Just throwing this out there.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:01 - Oct 17 with 1018 viewsHighjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 18:55 - Oct 17 by Jango

You’ve named 3 of the 17.4 million, can you name the rest?

Mart6 is 4

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:02 - Oct 17 with 1018 viewsexiledclaseboy

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 14:18 - Oct 17 by Catullus

The person who sorted out the Good Friday agreement is an arch europhile, a proven liar and actively campaigns to stop Brexit, if there is a clause in the GFA stipulating no hard border then Blair has played an EU blinder, deliberately or not.

The mere suggestion that the Good Friday Agreement might at some point have been designed with at least the thought of scuppering the UKs eventual exit from the EU is idiotic in the extreme. Even in Brexiteer terms.

Poll: Tory leader

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:38 - Oct 17 with 975 viewsWarwickHunt

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:02 - Oct 17 by exiledclaseboy

The mere suggestion that the Good Friday Agreement might at some point have been designed with at least the thought of scuppering the UKs eventual exit from the EU is idiotic in the extreme. Even in Brexiteer terms.

Cracking thread, this.

Explains a lot.
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:43 - Oct 17 with 967 viewsHighjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 18:43 - Oct 17 by magicdaps10

If everything was as god created then we wouldnt have a EU let alone heard of brexit.

Its a pointless discussion.

We’d be all running around in the nudey in paradise with leaves strategically covering our private parts. I have a chiselled rippling Adonis like body obviously so I would be alright but I wouldn’t want to look at you lot all day so I’m glad God doesn’t exist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:59 - Oct 17 with 953 viewsLeonWasGod

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 14:18 - Oct 17 by Catullus

The person who sorted out the Good Friday agreement is an arch europhile, a proven liar and actively campaigns to stop Brexit, if there is a clause in the GFA stipulating no hard border then Blair has played an EU blinder, deliberately or not.

Ok, put aside any Blair-hate and EU-hate and then come back with just one example of why a hard border is a good idea, with particular reference to their 2 histories.
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 21:00 - Oct 17 with 922 viewswestside

French Guyana is where the French Foreign Legion train.

There's documentaries on you tube showing them training in the amazon.
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 21:47 - Oct 17 with 902 viewsyescomeon

Hard to see any outcome other than a hard border between ROI and NI which I suppose means the end of the GFA. Just have to hope the troubles don't start up again.

Upthecity!

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 00:44 - Oct 18 with 863 viewsKilkennyjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 21:47 - Oct 17 by yescomeon

Hard to see any outcome other than a hard border between ROI and NI which I suppose means the end of the GFA. Just have to hope the troubles don't start up again.

Let me help.

A united Ireland with Brits out.
No border is required.

After all the border of the island of Ireland is the sea.

And the people in the north of Ireland who wisely voted to stay in the EU get their ‘will of the people’ respected.

Sorted.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:31 - Oct 18 with 837 viewsmagicdaps10

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 00:44 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Let me help.

No border is required.

And the people in the north of Ireland who wisely voted to stay in the EU get their ‘will of the people’ respected.

Sorted.

This is the best option.

One thing for certain, wether it a hard border or a united Ireland, the troubles will return there.

Obviously we will be involved some way but it makes it easier without NI being part of the Uk.

The trouble is, you will have Scotland pushing for independence and the patriotic clowns pushing for an independent Wales.

Bleeding Norah!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:34 - Oct 18 with 835 viewsKilkennyjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:31 - Oct 18 by magicdaps10

This is the best option.

One thing for certain, wether it a hard border or a united Ireland, the troubles will return there.

Obviously we will be involved some way but it makes it easier without NI being part of the Uk.

The trouble is, you will have Scotland pushing for independence and the patriotic clowns pushing for an independent Wales.

Bleeding Norah!!!

But why is that ‘trouble’ as opposed to the natural order...?

People have the right to govern themselves. Shirley ?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:36 - Oct 18 with 834 viewsyescomeon

Let me help.

No border is required.

Sorted.

That's the more favorable course of action, but do you really see that happening with the DUP propping up the Tories. I don't.

Upthecity!

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 08:11 - Oct 18 with 823 viewstrampie

Ireland for the Irish, we should not be out there.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 09:23 - Oct 18 with 804 viewssherpajacob

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:36 - Oct 18 by yescomeon

That's the more favorable course of action, but do you really see that happening with the DUP propping up the Tories. I don't.

No surrender to the DUP

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 09:28 - Oct 18 with 798 viewsTailGunner

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 08:11 - Oct 18 by trampie

Ireland for the Irish, we should not be out there.

'We'
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 11:02 - Oct 18 with 779 viewsCatullus

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 19:59 - Oct 17 by LeonWasGod

Ok, put aside any Blair-hate and EU-hate and then come back with just one example of why a hard border is a good idea, with particular reference to their 2 histories.

I haven't said it's a good idea just that the GFA is the perfect excuse for the EU.

As far as it goes, quite possibly the best solution is to give NI a referendum on unification. At some point surely those in NI have to recognise the shooting and killing didn't achieve very much. Yes GF happened but NI is still in the UK. If as Trampie and others say, the Uk break up is a certainty, and I am coming around to the idea, maybe Westminster needs to look into it and as I posted on another thread, look at independence for the 3 other countries and the formation of a trading bloc. Unless any of the 3 others joined the EU of course.

Think of the job opportunities in Customs and excise!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 12:54 - Oct 18 with 762 viewslondonlisa2001

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 18:55 - Oct 17 by Jango

You’ve named 3 of the 17.4 million, can you name the rest?

The 17.4m who voted in favour of Brexit didn’t have personal political agendas that caused the referendum to be called in the first place unlike the three I named.

Hence my point.
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 12:55 - Oct 18 with 758 viewslondonlisa2001

Let me help.

No border is required.

Sorted.

That solution also falls foul of the Good Friday agreement...
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 13:05 - Oct 18 with 751 viewsHighjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 07:34 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Yes they do. Hence brexit.

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 14:12 - Oct 18 with 734 viewswestwalesed

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 11:02 - Oct 18 by Catullus

I haven't said it's a good idea just that the GFA is the perfect excuse for the EU.

As far as it goes, quite possibly the best solution is to give NI a referendum on unification. At some point surely those in NI have to recognise the shooting and killing didn't achieve very much. Yes GF happened but NI is still in the UK. If as Trampie and others say, the Uk break up is a certainty, and I am coming around to the idea, maybe Westminster needs to look into it and as I posted on another thread, look at independence for the 3 other countries and the formation of a trading bloc. Unless any of the 3 others joined the EU of course.

Think of the job opportunities in Customs and excise!!

Yu, I'm starting to think the only solution is a NI Referendum on:

a) reunification with the Republic of Ireland and remain in the EU;
b) continued union with the UK and a hard border with the Republic.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 15:53 - Oct 18 with 703 viewsCatullus

You'd think, unless in doing so they vote for something that almost 49% (including most politicians, most rich people and most celebrities) are dead set against.

Oh, and Trampie, the World belongs to no one, we are just looking after it for future generations. With that in mind, Ireland, like the rest of the planet is for everyone. We just can't all live in the same place!

The cause of all this political nonsense, Brexit, GFA, independence arguments, we should look further ahead and be more...global.Maybe we can stop destroying the planet then too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 16:08 - Oct 18 with 699 viewsJango

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 12:54 - Oct 18 by londonlisa2001

The 17.4m who voted in favour of Brexit didn’t have personal political agendas that caused the referendum to be called in the first place unlike the three I named.

Hence my point.

Cameron called the referendum because it was the will of the people, not because of those 3.
French Guyana Border - NI Border on 16:11 - Oct 18 with 697 viewsCatullus

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 16:08 - Oct 18 by Jango

Cameron called the referendum because it was the will of the people, not because of those 3.

And because he was certain remain would win comfortably. No politician would have given us a referendum if they thought we'd vote leave, that's why Blair reneged on his promise.

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 16:33 - Oct 18 with 682 viewsmagicdaps10

You wont get rid of the catholic/protestant issue and either way, a hard border or United Republic will create troubles again.

I the Irish are laughing about all this brexit stuff but the repercussions for Ireland are going to be bad for sure.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 16:50 - Oct 18 with 673 viewstrampie

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 15:53 - Oct 18 by Catullus

You'd think, unless in doing so they vote for something that almost 49% (including most politicians, most rich people and most celebrities) are dead set against.

Oh, and Trampie, the World belongs to no one, we are just looking after it for future generations. With that in mind, Ireland, like the rest of the planet is for everyone. We just can't all live in the same place!

The cause of all this political nonsense, Brexit, GFA, independence arguments, we should look further ahead and be more...global.Maybe we can stop destroying the planet then too.

That is what the Communists say,' the World belongs to no one' and i'm sure the animals agree as well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 17:18 - Oct 18 with 665 viewsKilkennyjack

French Guyana Border - NI Border on 12:55 - Oct 18 by londonlisa2001

That solution also falls foul of the Good Friday agreement...

“The Good Friday Agreement states that "the Secretary of State" should call a referendum "‘if at any time it appears likely to him that a majority of those voting would express a wish that Northern Ireland should cease to be part of the United Kingdom and form part of a united Ireland."

The GFA covers this possibility.

A United Ireland in Europe would be very interesting ..
Brexidiot Britain will be less interesting ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024