Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What makes a "good post" 11:23 - Oct 18 with 1488 viewsCatullus

One for the pursists, or not.

Debate.....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What makes a on 11:24 - Oct 18 with 1070 viewsomarjack

If it has humour or a point to make.

Yours has none :)
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 11:24]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

What makes a "good post" on 12:53 - Oct 18 with 1033 viewsjack2jack

Timber or concrete, either have their merits
What makes a "good post" on 13:08 - Oct 18 with 1021 viewsHighjack

If it’s got a cheque in it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What makes a "good post" on 14:44 - Oct 18 with 985 views1983

Used to like the Evening Post but not that fussed on it now

What makes a "good post" on 15:22 - Oct 18 with 969 viewsItchySphincter

One where the point is made in a couple of lines.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What makes a "good post" on 15:35 - Oct 18 with 954 viewsCatullus

What makes a "good post" on 13:08 - Oct 18 by Highjack

If it’s got a cheque in it.

Excellent post today, my wife got a tax rebate of £650.

Omar, the point is to think about it. We can all copy and paste but do we actually have an opinion, an idea or are we just indulging in feckwittery.....and does anyone know?

I prefer wooden posts, lighter, easier to carry, concrete posts can break if you drop them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

What makes a "good post" on 15:36 - Oct 18 with 954 viewsE20Jack

There are three types of posts that traditionally constitute “good post praise”:-

1) Genuinely making a thought provoking point which uncomfortably makes people question their own previous views. Unfortunately due to the discomfort that causes, “good post praise” is rarely found after these and is a rarity - the two I shall come to are far more common.

2) If you are losing a debate and have no wiggle room in your stance, someone vaguely shadows your post in any way shape or form, even if the point is made horrendously - this is often pounced upon lavishing praise on their post, which is just a “see he/she agrees which means you are wrong”.

3) Fighting number 2 for most common is the vendetta quip. This is used to anybody who holds the opposite view to someone you have had forum run-ins with that didn’t go your way previously. The subject matter is irrelevant, the post itself is irrelevant - the main part is that it is the opposite of your perceived forum foe.

So it depends on which sort of good post you are looking for as to how each one can be described.

That’s Planetswans for you.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

What makes a "good post" on 15:51 - Oct 18 with 942 viewsjack247

Balanced, objective and without bias, although those three kind of meld into one. It helps if it shows genuine insight or the person reading it takes something new from it.

Some of the best posts are ones you don’t agree with, but get the thought process behind.
Login to get fewer ads

What makes a "good post" on 15:56 - Oct 18 with 937 viewsCatullus

I reckon it's just something that makes you think or makes you laugh. There's not enough thinking going on and definitely too little laughter.

Life should be fun!!

What makes a "good post" on 19:11 - Oct 18 with 898 viewsItchySphincter

What makes a "good post" on 15:36 - Oct 18 by E20Jack

There are three types of posts that traditionally constitute “good post praise”:-

1) Genuinely making a thought provoking point which uncomfortably makes people question their own previous views. Unfortunately due to the discomfort that causes, “good post praise” is rarely found after these and is a rarity - the two I shall come to are far more common.

2) If you are losing a debate and have no wiggle room in your stance, someone vaguely shadows your post in any way shape or form, even if the point is made horrendously - this is often pounced upon lavishing praise on their post, which is just a “see he/she agrees which means you are wrong”.

3) Fighting number 2 for most common is the vendetta quip. This is used to anybody who holds the opposite view to someone you have had forum run-ins with that didn’t go your way previously. The subject matter is irrelevant, the post itself is irrelevant - the main part is that it is the opposite of your perceived forum foe.

So it depends on which sort of good post you are looking for as to how each one can be described.

That’s Planetswans for you.

What makes a on 19:41 - Oct 18 with 886 viewsdickythorpe

One that doesn't have "oldjack" above the avatar.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 19:42]
What makes a "good post" on 20:42 - Oct 18 with 849 viewsLoyal

All of mine have been good.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What makes a "good post" on 22:00 - Oct 18 with 816 viewssainthelens

Anything from Byron. If I've had a crap day then read his nonsense it reminds how cruel life could have been.
What makes a on 22:03 - Oct 18 with 811 viewsE20Jack

What makes a "good post" on 19:11 - Oct 18 by ItchySphincter

Anything that can be posted in 2 lines, this isn’t children’s corner you know Itch. Janet and John books are sometimes kept at local libraries though.

You come under number 3 in case you didn’t know, also partial to a 2. But usually it is the silly “quip and run” fearful of entering anything meaningful due to the lack of belief in your own views. But I’m sure I have told you that before. Just saying.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 22:14]

What makes a on 22:16 - Oct 18 with 796 viewsCatullus

What makes a on 22:03 - Oct 18 by E20Jack

Anything that can be posted in 2 lines, this isn’t children’s corner you know Itch. Janet and John books are sometimes kept at local libraries though.

You come under number 3 in case you didn’t know, also partial to a 2. But usually it is the silly “quip and run” fearful of entering anything meaningful due to the lack of belief in your own views. But I’m sure I have told you that before. Just saying.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 22:14]

I often prefer the quip and run over the interminably long copy and pastes from shaky. I don't even read them, I scroll through. A paragraph or two, even three is ok but when it's nearly as long as war and peace then it's too much!

What makes a on 22:37 - Oct 18 with 786 viewsE20Jack

What makes a on 22:16 - Oct 18 by Catullus

I often prefer the quip and run over the interminably long copy and pastes from shaky. I don't even read them, I scroll through. A paragraph or two, even three is ok but when it's nearly as long as war and peace then it's too much!

I would suggest you can not qualify for 1) with two sentences. In order for one to question their own thoughts it must be discussed in detail. I don’t think there has ever been a short post of two lines that qualify for 1). Length of post is usually the bug bear of the intellectually challenged.

We absolutely agree on the cut and pastes however. Dull beyond words. However that usually ends as just that. These groups that hang around to make silly quips with the intent for attention or to provoke can make a whole thread last forever, quite ironic considering most of them get flustered by length - as they are usually the architects of it, just in bite size Janet and John style pieces.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 17:29]

What makes a on 08:15 - Oct 19 with 693 viewsItchySphincter

What makes a on 22:37 - Oct 18 by E20Jack

I would suggest you can not qualify for 1) with two sentences. In order for one to question their own thoughts it must be discussed in detail. I don’t think there has ever been a short post of two lines that qualify for 1). Length of post is usually the bug bear of the intellectually challenged.

We absolutely agree on the cut and pastes however. Dull beyond words. However that usually ends as just that. These groups that hang around to make silly quips with the intent for attention or to provoke can make a whole thread last forever, quite ironic considering most of them get flustered by length - as they are usually the architects of it, just in bite size Janet and John style pieces.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 17:29]

Squadequaliser x 2

What makes a "good post" on 08:28 - Oct 19 with 688 viewsE20Jack

... and with that the troll recoils in horror that one of his main techniques has been blunted, bringing the doomsday scenario ever closer that one day there may be nothing left than to actually contribute to the forum.

What makes a "good post" on 13:12 - Oct 19 with 659 viewsItchySphincter

One of us is losing our sh!t and it aint me...........

What makes a "good post" on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 599 viewsE20Jack

What makes a "good post" on 13:12 - Oct 19 by ItchySphincter

One of us is losing our sh!t and it aint me...........

Eh? You do realise you have spent 75% of your posts this month following me around and throwing a hissy fit every time I post right? I would say that is the definition of losing ones sh*t. Cancelling out you and the trolling teams techniques is a humorous experiment, I thought you would go straight to full on abuse, you decided to turn to projection instead, certainly interesting. One for the notepad.

Try again.

What makes a "good post" on 22:31 - Oct 19 with 587 viewsTNT

What makes a "good post" on 21:52 - Oct 19 by E20Jack

Eh? You do realise you have spent 75% of your posts this month following me around and throwing a hissy fit every time I post right? I would say that is the definition of losing ones sh*t. Cancelling out you and the trolling teams techniques is a humorous experiment, I thought you would go straight to full on abuse, you decided to turn to projection instead, certainly interesting. One for the notepad.

Try again.

Suck sinked.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What makes a "good post" on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 578 viewslonglostjack

What makes a "good post" on 22:31 - Oct 19 by TNT

Suck sinked.

Hook line and sinker.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What makes a "good post" on 00:03 - Oct 20 with 560 viewsE20Jack

What makes a "good post" on 22:41 - Oct 19 by longlostjack

Hook line and sinker.

Are you suggesting Itchy is trolling again?

I have always said I will respond to everyone who insists on talking to me, i'm good like that. So in short, if you want my attention then you may as well make a decent point instead of trolling.

Trolls eh? Thick as two short planks.

What makes a "good post" on 08:51 - Oct 20 with 527 viewsItchySphincter

So you think a post that says a good post is one that gets the point across in a couple of lines is is a bad one...... Keeewwwl.

I’ll keep with my short but on point responses to worthy topic discussions such as this.

What makes a "good post" on 08:56 - Oct 20 with 525 viewsE20Jack

What makes a "good post" on 08:51 - Oct 20 by ItchySphincter

So you think a post that says a good post is one that gets the point across in a couple of lines is is a bad one...... Keeewwwl.

I’ll keep with my short but on point responses to worthy topic discussions such as this.

Not a bad one as such, just a funny one representative completely of the person who uttered it.

You never know, one day you may go a whole posting day without having to search my out for attention.

I will make a decent poster out of you one day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024