Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. 20:55 - Oct 18 with 4947 viewsthornabyswan

For me it has to be the Bristol Rovers game and Trundle with the twice taken penalty.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:39 - Oct 19 with 1234 viewspencoedjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:17 - Oct 19 by NeathJack

Notable mention to a Derek Parlane penalty against Bristol Rovers on the same day as the Bradford fire in 1985.

Desperately needed a win to have a chance of staying up and 1-2 down with 2 minutes left. Pascoe equalised after missing an open goal by hitting it against the post and the ball rebounded straight back to him and then Parlane scored a pen in injury time.

6 days later we drew 0-0 with Bristol City in the Jimmy Rimmer game to stay up.

Did we play Bristol Rovers on the day of the Bradford fire? Thought it was West Brom

(on 2nd thoughts maybe that was Hillsborough)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 12:40]
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:48 - Oct 19 with 1222 viewsFireboy2

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:17 - Oct 19 by NeathJack

Notable mention to a Derek Parlane penalty against Bristol Rovers on the same day as the Bradford fire in 1985.

Desperately needed a win to have a chance of staying up and 1-2 down with 2 minutes left. Pascoe equalised after missing an open goal by hitting it against the post and the ball rebounded straight back to him and then Parlane scored a pen in injury time.

6 days later we drew 0-0 with Bristol City in the Jimmy Rimmer game to stay up.

That bristol city game is one of my favourite games ever

A rammed north bank willing the lads on to safety from relegation

Definitely an @rse twitcher
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 13:21 - Oct 19 with 1203 viewskarnataka

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 20:59 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

Northampton town away 1987

Colin Pascoe

Great coach ride home then straight into the queens
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 21:02]

I went to Northampton a few times in that era and that was most definitely one of them. Was that the game when we wore some strange red and green kit or was that another time?
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 16:17 - Oct 19 with 1152 viewsBadlands

Rangel against Palace - just because it was unexpected and taken so well.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 16:45 - Oct 19 with 1139 viewsPegojack

I go back to 1965, but for sheer screaming at the top of your voice excitement, I can't think of better than Llorente in the amazing 5-4 win over Palace.

I'm applying the OP's words strictly there, mind. If we're talking last minute goals of any descripton, there will never be better than Pratley against Forest. For a moment, I thought the stand would collapse, it was shaking so much.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 18:52]
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 17:31 - Oct 19 with 1119 viewsLoyal

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:39 - Oct 19 by pencoedjack

Did we play Bristol Rovers on the day of the Bradford fire? Thought it was West Brom

(on 2nd thoughts maybe that was Hillsborough)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 12:40]

One of my first away games, and I always thought we beat wolves away 5-1 ish on the day of the Bradford fire ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:29 - Oct 19 with 1102 viewsGaryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 17:31 - Oct 19 by Loyal

One of my first away games, and I always thought we beat wolves away 5-1 ish on the day of the Bradford fire ?

Nah! Bradford fire was 11th May 85. We won at Wolves 1-5 in the Sept of the following season. I was there, we travelled home in a mini bus with no windscreen!

Anyway, one of my fav last minute winners was Alan Waddles in a 3-2 win v Southend 2 games before the end of the 78/79 season when we got promoted back to the old 2nd Division. Think we were 1-2 down with about 10 mins left.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:36 - Oct 19 with 1092 viewstheloneranger

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:29 - Oct 19 by Garyjack

Nah! Bradford fire was 11th May 85. We won at Wolves 1-5 in the Sept of the following season. I was there, we travelled home in a mini bus with no windscreen!

Anyway, one of my fav last minute winners was Alan Waddles in a 3-2 win v Southend 2 games before the end of the 78/79 season when we got promoted back to the old 2nd Division. Think we were 1-2 down with about 10 mins left.

Alan Waddle hat trick that day.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 1087 viewsGaryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:36 - Oct 19 by theloneranger

Alan Waddle hat trick that day.

Indeed it was.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 19:20 - Oct 19 with 1049 viewsDr_Winston

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:03 - Oct 18 by NeathJack

Matt Bound v Cardiff at home, on my birthday

Great day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 19:22 - Oct 19 with 1049 viewspencoedjack

I travelled home from Wolves a few years later with no windows on a coach

Friendly lot 👍
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 19:51 - Oct 19 with 1037 viewsGaryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 19:22 - Oct 19 by pencoedjack

I travelled home from Wolves a few years later with no windows on a coach

Friendly lot 👍

I stood amongst them once, when we had a game called off on route so went to watch them play Everton. I can honestly say that i have never in my life been in the vicinity of so many Pikeys, Chavs, Drongo's (call them what you like), than i was that day. And that was just the females.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 19:57 - Oct 19 with 1027 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sean McCarthy’s winner against West Brom in the 1987 FA Cup tie mentioned above has always stuck in my mind.

Poll: Tory leader

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 983 viewsTNT

Remember Alan Waddle putting a penalty over the bar at Gay Meadow, Shrewsbury, in the late '70s. It was like a last minute winner for them.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:09 - Oct 19 with 972 viewsGaryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 20:55 - Oct 19 by TNT

Remember Alan Waddle putting a penalty over the bar at Gay Meadow, Shrewsbury, in the late '70s. It was like a last minute winner for them.

Agh those were the days. Taking 2000 away to Shrewsbury Town on a Tuesday night for a Welsh Cup Semi Final!
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 970 viewsDrizzy

Craig Beattie away at Boro in the promotion season. 94th minute goal to beat them 4-3 just after we lost the derby. Felt like a season-altering result at the time.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 944 viewskarnataka

More recently, Llorente's winners against Palace 5-4 & Burnley 3-2 were pretty good. The Palace one was very late indeed but the Burnley one was a season changer at that time as we were still in deep shyte and it capped an amazing fightback especially after the ridiculous Sam Vokes handball penalty.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 03:30 - Oct 20 with 874 viewsforkbeard

My three favourites on llorente, trunds va Yeovil at the vetch and Beattie been mentioned so thought of this.
Another trundle game away at Cheltenham 4-3
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/3137565.stm
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 3:34]
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 06:10 - Oct 20 with 860 viewsWxmJax

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 02:34 - Oct 19 by Goldminer

Llorente.
home against Palace.

Crap game but hell of an emotional roller coaster. People almost coming to blows in the South stand as they left when Palace scored their fourth, Wales were playing Scotland at half five. When the Fifth went in I turned to my lad but he was halfway down the mostly empty stand going bonkers. We were still last on MOTD ;-)

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:18 - Oct 20 with 823 viewsSgorioFruit

Ok not SCFC, but to stay in the football league......nuff said

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 10:05 - Oct 20 with 805 viewsswan85

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 17:31 - Oct 19 by Loyal

Defo played Bristol Rovers on day of Bradford fire, 11 may 85. We won 3-2 with late goals, I was mascot for the swans that day. A great day but then got home to my nans to see and I hear about the fire. Awful.

In winning 3 - 2, we needed a draw to stay up against Bristol city on the last game, we drew 0-0. That was the season we avoided the straight drop from 1st division to 4th in successive seasons. After 4 points in last 2 games, we had another season in old division 3 before relegation.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 18:56 - Oct 20 with 738 viewsSwanski

Llorente in the goal fest vs Crystal Palace. We needed the win to keep our head above water that season. Crazy game.

Also Bony smashing in the pen after emnes earnt a pen at Newcastle few years back was special as was my Dad's first game watching Swansea
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 01:30 - Oct 21 with 716 viewsjazzswan

yep, all of the above PLUS how late was David Giles New Years day winner 1980 again the scum? sure that was pretty late!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024