Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. 20:55 - Oct 18 with 4888 viewsthornabyswan

For me it has to be the Bristol Rovers game and Trundle with the twice taken penalty.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 20:59 - Oct 18 with 3656 viewsFireboy2

Northampton town away 1987

Colin Pascoe

Great coach ride home then straight into the queens
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 21:02]
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:03 - Oct 18 with 3637 viewsNeathJack

Matt Bound v Cardiff at home, on my birthday
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:04 - Oct 18 with 3637 viewspencoedjack

I may be wrong but think Jimmy Gillingan scored a last minute winner against the scum late 80’s
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:55 - Oct 18 with 3549 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:04 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

I may be wrong but think Jimmy Gillingan scored a last minute winner against the scum late 80’s

All three of the above ! Northampton were running away with the league, I don't think they'd been beaten at home that season. Great memories of that team.
Any winner against Cardiff is worth savouring but last minute winners are a real sickener. I remember Chopras winner against us at the CCS under Sousa. Gut wrenching.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:55 - Oct 18 with 3549 viewssainthelens

Not the winner..but you'll get my drift. Has to be Pratley from the half way line v forest. That's right up there with the birth of my kids.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:57 - Oct 18 with 3542 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:55 - Oct 18 by sainthelens

Not the winner..but you'll get my drift. Has to be Pratley from the half way line v forest. That's right up there with the birth of my kids.

I was thinking about including that myself lol. Last minute clincher that would be

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 22:02 - Oct 18 with 3533 viewsAguycalledJack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:57 - Oct 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I was thinking about including that myself lol. Last minute clincher that would be

Trundle v Yeovil at the vetch.

Think we were 2 up early doors, they came back 2-2 and we then went up the other end and scored.

Not sure if last minute though.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 22:23 - Oct 18 with 3500 viewsTNT

Got a train to Rotherham towards the end of '85 season. Think we were one off bottom. Had to leave just before the end, to get a bus to Sheffield in order to catch the last train home. Heard the small group of Jacks celebrate a late winner. Chuffed and gutted all rolled in to one.

Got a train to Reading the following Saturday, only to see another surprise 0-1 away win. Think Robin Turner scored, but unsure of time.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 22:39 - Oct 18 with 3476 viewsjack247

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:03 - Oct 18 by NeathJack

That would be my choice too. Trundle v Yeovil in the 3-2 game when Gavin Williams was winding the North Bank up runs it close
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. (n/t) on 22:51 - Oct 18 with 3454 viewsTNT

My least favourite was when Andy Leitch scored a winner for non-league Minehead against us in the FA Cup, at The Vetch, in the late '70's. Ex-Swans player he was too.

Also, when Chris Whyte scored a 'golden goal' against us at Brum. We'd taken it to extra time, but he scored 6 minutes in, and it was all over, effectively making it a last minute winner. Glad they got rid of that sh*t idea.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 22:59]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 23:21 - Oct 18 with 3402 viewsAguycalledJack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:03 - Oct 18 by NeathJack

Always remember Julian alsop flicking the Vs at the Cardiff goal keeper as he lay on the ground after bound scored.

If anybody can post some footage you will see him do it.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 23:35 - Oct 18 with 3386 viewsFireboy2

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:55 - Oct 18 by Brynmill_Jack

All three of the above ! Northampton were running away with the league, I don't think they'd been beaten at home that season. Great memories of that team.
Any winner against Cardiff is worth savouring but last minute winners are a real sickener. I remember Chopras winner against us at the CCS under Sousa. Gut wrenching.

We beat them at home and the win at their gaff in feb was only their 2nd defeat

Iirc their season tailed off a bit but we still both got promoted

But wont forget the scenes when Pascoe scored the winner
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 02:34 - Oct 19 with 3297 viewsGoldminer

Llorente.
home against Palace.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 05:35 - Oct 19 with 3235 viewsCaptain_Sham

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 23:35 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

We beat them at home and the win at their gaff in feb was only their 2nd defeat

Iirc their season tailed off a bit but we still both got promoted

But wont forget the scenes when Pascoe scored the winner

We didn't go up that season.(86-87) We went up the season after(87-88)

Its just a ride.

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 07:02 - Oct 19 with 3188 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 05:35 - Oct 19 by Captain_Sham

We didn't go up that season.(86-87) We went up the season after(87-88)

True. I remember two of the last away games that season. Lost to Colchester United and got thrashed 4-1 at Aldershot. Not quite ready lol

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 07:52 - Oct 19 with 3145 viewsKilkennyjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 02:34 - Oct 19 by Goldminer

Llorente.
home against Palace.

Great shout. What a goal fest.

Beware of the Risen People

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 08:30 - Oct 19 with 3118 viewsnicky

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 20:59 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

Northampton town away 1987

Colin Pascoe

Great coach ride home then straight into the queens
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 21:02]

I might be wrong (usually am!) but I thought Keri Andrews scored the winner that day.

Great day out though - packed onto the bank behind the goal in their odd 3- sided ground (the empty side backed onto a cricket pitch I think).

Weren't there some shenanigans by the coaches after the game?
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 08:40 - Oct 19 with 3108 viewsangryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 08:30 - Oct 19 by nicky

I might be wrong (usually am!) but I thought Keri Andrews scored the winner that day.

Great day out though - packed onto the bank behind the goal in their odd 3- sided ground (the empty side backed onto a cricket pitch I think).

Weren't there some shenanigans by the coaches after the game?

I thought it was Keri Andrews as well.my cousin played that day as well it was at Northampton s old ground with the cricket ground adjacent to it,my cousin was on loan Steve Lovell...current Gillingham manager.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:09 - Oct 19 with 3086 viewsFireboy2

I was sure it was Pascoe

Iirc a few of their fans were making @rses of themselves near to our coaches
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:13 - Oct 19 with 3077 viewsangryjack

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:09 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

I was sure it was Pascoe

Might have been but Keri Andrews name comes out at me when think of that game was it from a corner or pen and he took the corner or won the pen but his name sticks out
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:19 - Oct 19 with 3072 viewssherpajacob

Mid 80s FA cup 2nd round v bristol Rovers.

Andy Melville I think, we were 2-1 down with 5 minutes left.

Memories are hazy, so I may be completely wrong about the score, scorer, opposition, competition and date.

Edit further research

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-11-most

It was Sean McCarthy with the winner, Melville got the equaliser, the opposition were WBA and it was a 1987 3rd round FA cup tie.

I Celebrated with sausage and chips from McCari's although it may have been a pie or a rissole.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 9:31]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:29 - Oct 19 with 3062 viewstheloneranger

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 07:02 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

True. I remember two of the last away games that season. Lost to Colchester United and got thrashed 4-1 at Aldershot. Not quite ready lol

We finished that 1986/87 season badly, losing 12 of our last 16 games, but ended up beating Lincoln at home 1-0 in the last game of the season ... Relegating them out of the football league.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:42 - Oct 19 with 3044 viewsLeonWasGod

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 21:55 - Oct 18 by sainthelens

Your kids were fired 50 yards into the back of a net? Impressive muscle tone to do that!

Yep - that was a magical moment. I went pretty nuts with our comeback against Palace too when that "useless wardrobe" Llorente won us the 3 points.
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 11:28 - Oct 19 with 2981 viewsFireboy2

What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 09:09 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

I was sure it was Pascoe

Just checked and it definitely was Pascoe

Boomshakalak
What was your favourite ever last minute winner. on 12:17 - Oct 19 with 2948 viewsNeathJack

Notable mention to a Derek Parlane penalty against Bristol Rovers on the same day as the Bradford fire in 1985.

Desperately needed a win to have a chance of staying up and 1-2 down with 2 minutes left. Pascoe equalised after missing an open goal by hitting it against the post and the ball rebounded straight back to him and then Parlane scored a pen in injury time.

6 days later we drew 0-0 with Bristol City in the Jimmy Rimmer game to stay up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024