Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question 09:31 - Oct 19 with 1881 viewswestwalesed

Ok, I'm aware this is going to make me sound like a right tool, but I'm baffled.

Situation: About 5 months ago, new tyres put on car. I do tons of mileage for work and thought - better check tyre pressure. Should be 32 all round were about 28 so not terrible but thought, may as well top them up anyway.

TYRES WOULDN'T BLOODY INFLATE.
Obviously I know how to do this but it just wouldn't work.

Tried a separate pump, same problem!!!!

Any ideas???? I REALLY don't want to go to a garage and ask.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:35 - Oct 19 with 1869 viewsLeonWasGod

Did you take the valve cap off?
Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:36 - Oct 19 with 1865 viewsCatullus

I'll assume you took the caps off and say, I don't know. Otherwise get the missus to take it to the garage and ask, just so you don't look stupid!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:37 - Oct 19 with 1865 viewsjackal

Bloody inflation is always an issue.
Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:41 - Oct 19 with 1855 viewswestwalesed

I'm fully prepared for ridicule but yes of course I took the caps off. I've done some research and this could be a problem with the valves being dirty, not giving a tight fit?

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 1850 viewsjack2jack

Sounds like to me that the needle valves aren't opening when you put the pump on,you should hear some air being released when you put the nozzle on, and then stop when you tighten the nozzle.
Maybe the needle valves are the wrong length, although thought they would be standard.
Are the needle valves recessed to far into the valve, thus not, releasing when the pump nozzle is attached????
Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:58 - Oct 19 with 1820 viewsCatullus

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:41 - Oct 19 by westwalesed

I'm fully prepared for ridicule but yes of course I took the caps off. I've done some research and this could be a problem with the valves being dirty, not giving a tight fit?

A tight fit is always better, is this why my missus has come to resemble the Michelin wo-man

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 10:53 - Oct 19 with 1777 viewstheloneranger

Go back to where you had your tyres changed and see if they can inflate them.

Don't forget to take your receipt.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 11:02 - Oct 19 with 1772 viewsGoldminer

Some of these tyre inflators, like Tescos one for example, you have to set the pressure you want on the box. it then inflates to rhat prssure. Not saying that's your issue but I've been caught out before.
Login to get fewer ads

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 12:31 - Oct 19 with 1691 viewsSoberBaker

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 09:41 - Oct 19 by westwalesed

Let all the tyres down, purchase some of this stuff and start over again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fresh-Air-from-the-UK-in-Sealed-Jar-/222411964291

AMOW

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 12:32 - Oct 19 with 1688 viewswestwalesed

Update........ none of the Tesco's pumps worked and I tried three. However Morrisons most successful. I can only conclude that Morrisons provide a superior tyre inflating service.

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 1641 viewsLeonWasGod

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 12:32 - Oct 19 by westwalesed

Update........ none of the Tesco's pumps worked and I tried three. However Morrisons most successful. I can only conclude that Morrisons provide a superior tyre inflating service.

I love a good mystery solved. I use a bike pump. For years I used to use garages, queue up in the pissy rain, try to find a 20p, etc., but then realised I had a perfectly good track pump with guage sitting in the garage all along. Works a treat.

Useless story of the day.
Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 18:16 - Oct 19 with 1505 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ridiculous Tyre Pressure Question on 19:46 - Oct 19 with 1457 viewsswanforthemoney

Buy a decent foot pump. Saves faffing around on garage forecourts. saves faffing around with long thin wires on electric inflators.

I stand in the North Stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024