Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITV researcher job. 19:19 - Oct 19 with 15448 viewsJango

Cracking job opportunity for someone as long as you’re not white.

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunity/researcher-itv-tonight/

This traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background
ITV researcher job. on 11:11 - Oct 20 with 1803 viewsItchySphincter

ITV researcher job. on 11:02 - Oct 20 by peenemunde

Unwavering support for Johnson ? I bet you can’t even show me one sentence that i have ever written regarding anything positive about Johnson......please stop making things up.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 11:04]

Sorry, did I make an error over Johnson? Sorry if I offended you.

cough.....Brexit....cough....

I take it that you agree with the rest though......?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

ITV researcher job. on 11:17 - Oct 20 with 1795 viewspeenemunde

ITV researcher job. on 11:11 - Oct 20 by ItchySphincter

Sorry, did I make an error over Johnson? Sorry if I offended you.

cough.....Brexit....cough....

I take it that you agree with the rest though......?

So because i support Brexit and so does Johnson that means i give unwavering support.
How you arrive at conclusion is beyond me, but there you go.
🤣
ITV researcher job. on 11:40 - Oct 20 with 1773 viewsMo_Wives

ITV researcher job. on 21:04 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

3% being non white in FTSE 100 CEO jobs and 14% of population being non white is quite a mismatch though isn’t it.

That’s a mismatch that would require an increase of nearly 400% to rectify.

11 more jobs in a pool of only 100.

But, you know, there’s a training position paying £10 an hour at ITV for a year...

Aren't you in a highly paid position?

Aren't you in a position that black people are underrepresented in?

Are you, as a white person, going to stand down and let a black person have your position to help get the numbers closer to where you'd like them to be?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

ITV researcher job. on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 1768 viewspeenemunde

ITV researcher job. on 11:40 - Oct 20 by Mo_Wives

Aren't you in a highly paid position?

Aren't you in a position that black people are underrepresented in?

Are you, as a white person, going to stand down and let a black person have your position to help get the numbers closer to where you'd like them to be?

No someone else can. “Do as I say, not as i do”.
ITV researcher job. on 11:45 - Oct 20 with 1760 viewsMo_Wives

ITV researcher job. on 11:41 - Oct 20 by peenemunde

No someone else can. “Do as I say, not as i do”.

It's amazing. The people who bang on about white privilege never want to give up their white privilege. They are very generous with other peoples though...you have to give them that.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

ITV researcher job. on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 1756 viewspeenemunde

ITV researcher job. on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Mo_Wives

It's amazing. The people who bang on about white privilege never want to give up their white privilege. They are very generous with other peoples though...you have to give them that.

You are spot on.
ITV researcher job. on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 1724 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Mo_Wives

100% accurate.
ITV researcher job. on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 1681 viewsFlashberryjack

ITV researcher job. on 09:42 - Oct 20 by Mo_Wives

I said they were more educated. You have to be highly educated to be that f*cking stupid, lets face it. Ask a toddler the difference between boys and girls and they'll give you a correct answer. Stick them in a university and they come out claiming their is no difference.

When I say white identity I'm using words that they (far left) may understand. Alt-right, white nationalist, GAMMON!...it's all the same to them.

When I use it I mean groups that focus on their white identity. And when I first came on this forum I remember telling Humpty that I agree with a lot of their complaints but I differ when it comes to solutions. I believe in individualism...I'm what they may call a cuck

But what I do believe needs to happen is that they should be allowed to voice their opinions and not dismissed as racist. When people feel they aren't being listened to and attacked they often turn to violence.

Edit - I don't actually think that the lefties are more educated and the right are knuckle draggers. I'm saying this is how many of the left explain away the people moving that way. "It has nothing to do with our actions...those people are just stupid"
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 10:02]

"I said they were more educated. You have to be highly educated to be that f*cking stupid, lets face it. Ask a toddler the difference between boys and girls and they'll give you a correct answer. Stick them in a university and they come out claiming their is no difference"

That's absolutely brilliant.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

ITV researcher job. on 14:00 - Oct 20 with 1679 viewsJackfath

ITV researcher job. on 08:51 - Oct 20 by peenemunde

Oh shut up. No wonder children are coming out of schools with no qualifications with idiots like you teaching them.

Yes. All teachers should be just like you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

ITV researcher job. on 14:13 - Oct 20 with 1666 viewslondonlisa2001

ITV researcher job. on 05:59 - Oct 20 by Jango

Honestly Lisa, you are off your nut. How can you just assume those jobs have been given on skin colour? There’s a hell of a lot more factors that come into it before you can even begin to talk about colour. Ability to do the job being the main one. Also, you are basically saying that because 97 of the top 100 jobs in the country have gone to white people that it’s perfectly fine then discriminate against whites people on the lower paid jobs.

Do you watch the football and complain when there’s more blacks on the field than white? More whites in the swimming final or more blacks in the 100m sprint?

Honestly, you are everything that’s wrong with society today.

You really should read what I write rather than what you want me to have written.

I disagree with positive discrimination. I’ve said so on a number of occasions. I don’t think anyone should get a job based on skin colour, gender, sexual preference, anything. They should get jobs based on their ability to do the job. Full stop.

I’m simply pointing out that positive discrimination is all around us. Many people seem to only notice or care when they are not the beneficiary of that positive discrimination.

The original post was not about positive discrimination in a job. It is a training scheme designed to give access to people from ethnic minority backgrounds to creative roles within the film / tv industry. A one year placement. Not paid for by the tv company, but by a bursary scheme set up specifically for that purpose. Posting numbers of people employed at the BBC, or ITV, or Channel 4 is irrelevant. There may well be large numbers of people from ethnic minority backgrounds employed by those organisations. But it doesn’t specify the roles they fill. They may be administrative, or financial, or HR, or anything else. But it appears that very few are within the creative side - film makers themselves, hence the scheme.
I am not in that industry, so don’t know the reality, but I do know that when I watch the Oscars, or the Baftas, the awards for editing, or sound, or directing, or cinematography or similar, seem to be almost always white people. So I can quite believe that there is a lack of access.

I simply can’t understand the fuss about a scheme designed to help that. As I’ve pointed out, there are many, many industries in which white men have had, and to a slightly lesser extent, still have, a huge advantage over other groups. Whether they be women or people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Yet a training position comes along when that group is excluded, and some react as though they are being subject to extreme oppression. Despite not being remotely cognisant of the relative advantage that they enjoy in the vast majority of situations.

It’s pathetic, it really is,
ITV researcher job. on 15:19 - Oct 20 with 1629 viewsLeonWasGod

ITV researcher job. on 14:13 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

You really should read what I write rather than what you want me to have written.

I disagree with positive discrimination. I’ve said so on a number of occasions. I don’t think anyone should get a job based on skin colour, gender, sexual preference, anything. They should get jobs based on their ability to do the job. Full stop.

I’m simply pointing out that positive discrimination is all around us. Many people seem to only notice or care when they are not the beneficiary of that positive discrimination.

The original post was not about positive discrimination in a job. It is a training scheme designed to give access to people from ethnic minority backgrounds to creative roles within the film / tv industry. A one year placement. Not paid for by the tv company, but by a bursary scheme set up specifically for that purpose. Posting numbers of people employed at the BBC, or ITV, or Channel 4 is irrelevant. There may well be large numbers of people from ethnic minority backgrounds employed by those organisations. But it doesn’t specify the roles they fill. They may be administrative, or financial, or HR, or anything else. But it appears that very few are within the creative side - film makers themselves, hence the scheme.
I am not in that industry, so don’t know the reality, but I do know that when I watch the Oscars, or the Baftas, the awards for editing, or sound, or directing, or cinematography or similar, seem to be almost always white people. So I can quite believe that there is a lack of access.

I simply can’t understand the fuss about a scheme designed to help that. As I’ve pointed out, there are many, many industries in which white men have had, and to a slightly lesser extent, still have, a huge advantage over other groups. Whether they be women or people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Yet a training position comes along when that group is excluded, and some react as though they are being subject to extreme oppression. Despite not being remotely cognisant of the relative advantage that they enjoy in the vast majority of situations.

As you well know, this is just an opportunity for people to highlight their thinly veiled racist (or at best, closed and old-fashioned) views. I very much doubt they actually give a shit about the ethnic make up of staff in the creative media sector. Providing an explanation, however valid, is a waste of time as it will fall on stony ground.

Bugger, we’re losing.
ITV researcher job. on 16:18 - Oct 20 with 1592 viewsDan_Swan

There are certain things where I work, where if there's a 'dead heat' with regards to interviews, the deciding factor would be if there is underrepresentation of Gender/Race etc... at that grade then the job is awarded based on that.

For me there should be some form of further interview or test to get the best person for the job. That would be the fairest way to deal with it in my eyes.

Still following Dr's orders!

ITV researcher job. on 17:04 - Oct 20 with 1563 viewsWingstandwood

ITV researcher job. on 16:18 - Oct 20 by Dan_Swan

There are certain things where I work, where if there's a 'dead heat' with regards to interviews, the deciding factor would be if there is underrepresentation of Gender/Race etc... at that grade then the job is awarded based on that.

For me there should be some form of further interview or test to get the best person for the job. That would be the fairest way to deal with it in my eyes.

Spoken to you before on here about Swansea City Council practises and you are indeed bang on (I have a relative working for the council) and it's an absolute hotbed for positive discrimination......It is a well known fact that totally unsuited people of far lesser calibre have gained employment there because of it.

Argus!

ITV researcher job. on 17:11 - Oct 20 with 1548 viewsjack_lord

ITV researcher job. on 21:04 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

3% being non white in FTSE 100 CEO jobs and 14% of population being non white is quite a mismatch though isn’t it.

That’s a mismatch that would require an increase of nearly 400% to rectify.

11 more jobs in a pool of only 100.

But, you know, there’s a training position paying £10 an hour at ITV for a year...

33% of players in the Premier league are from Black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds. That is quite a figure.
I expect that the FTSE companies are also employing people from privileged white backgrounds to run the businesses as well.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

ITV researcher job. on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 1514 viewsCatullus

I do wonder how we can ever hope to have real equality when we use a form of racism to try and stop racism? All it does it cause more bad feeling, yes it's an unintended consequence but it happens, people percieve they are being treated worse and become more belligerent, maybe even racist when maybe they weren't before.
Then there's the ethnic minorities themselves, despite this positive discrimination, do they feel better treated or do they still feel victimised for their ethnicity?
Is positive discrimination achieving anything or is it just causing bad feeling? Then I wonder how many non white people use this forum and can we do anything to encourage participation by ethnic groups? Or, does it not matter on the internet because no one can see your colour and only form opinions on you based on your posts?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

ITV researcher job. on 19:50 - Oct 20 with 1496 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 14:13 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

This is one of your posts from a similar thread.

Yes there probably would be. But there’s no real equivalence. As there isn’t a disadvantaged group called ‘white people’.

If Anthony Hopkins said he was going to find two bursaries for underprivileged kids from Port Talbot there’d be no outcry. If Rooney said he was going to do it for kids from Liverpool there’d be no outcry.

I’d bet that the kids that have the opportunity of a bursary because they come from Norfolk are always white. The mining bursaries I’d bet are almost always for white kids.

There has been systemic prejudice against people from ethnic minority backgrounds in this country for generations. An attempt to elevate people from that background from someone that has come from that themselves is not ‘racist’. It is positive discrimination. A positive discrimination that has happened the other way round for decades.

If you are white, and I assume you are, you have never suffered institutional discrimination in this country because of your colour. You may have suffered it for other reasons, but not because of your colour. That is not to say that individual black people or Asian people or anything else, may not themselves be racist. Of course they can be. As often as white people may be. But institutionally, societally, nah.

You’re a joke Lisa.
ITV researcher job. on 20:17 - Oct 20 with 1486 viewslondonlisa2001

ITV researcher job. on 19:50 - Oct 20 by Jango

This is one of your posts from a similar thread.

Yes there probably would be. But there’s no real equivalence. As there isn’t a disadvantaged group called ‘white people’.

If Anthony Hopkins said he was going to find two bursaries for underprivileged kids from Port Talbot there’d be no outcry. If Rooney said he was going to do it for kids from Liverpool there’d be no outcry.

I’d bet that the kids that have the opportunity of a bursary because they come from Norfolk are always white. The mining bursaries I’d bet are almost always for white kids.

There has been systemic prejudice against people from ethnic minority backgrounds in this country for generations. An attempt to elevate people from that background from someone that has come from that themselves is not ‘racist’. It is positive discrimination. A positive discrimination that has happened the other way round for decades.

If you are white, and I assume you are, you have never suffered institutional discrimination in this country because of your colour. You may have suffered it for other reasons, but not because of your colour. That is not to say that individual black people or Asian people or anything else, may not themselves be racist. Of course they can be. As often as white people may be. But institutionally, societally, nah.

You’re a joke Lisa.

Nothing in that in any way contradicts what I’ve just said.

And I’d point out I haven’t been remotely personally critical of you.
ITV researcher job. on 20:31 - Oct 20 with 1476 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 20:17 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

Nothing in that in any way contradicts what I’ve just said.

And I’d point out I haven’t been remotely personally critical of you.

Lisa you’re basically saying that black people deserve preferential treatment. Come on mun.

I do apologise if he calling you a joke offends you but you have called me a moron on many occasions to be fair
ITV researcher job. on 20:38 - Oct 20 with 1474 viewslondonlisa2001

ITV researcher job. on 20:31 - Oct 20 by Jango

Lisa you’re basically saying that black people deserve preferential treatment. Come on mun.

I do apologise if he calling you a joke offends you but you have called me a moron on many occasions to be fair

I’m not even remotely saying that.

As I’ve said previously and also in this thread, I totally disagree with positive discrimination.

I just recognise that it has happened for generations.

Only caring about it when it is in favour of people from a different ethnic background is hypocritical in the extreme.
ITV researcher job. on 20:42 - Oct 20 with 1472 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 20:38 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

I’m not even remotely saying that.

As I’ve said previously and also in this thread, I totally disagree with positive discrimination.

I just recognise that it has happened for generations.

Only caring about it when it is in favour of people from a different ethnic background is hypocritical in the extreme.

Can you give an example of a situation where a job application is in favour of white people in this day and age?
ITV researcher job. on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 1471 viewsHighjack

ITV researcher job. on 20:42 - Oct 20 by Jango

Can you give an example of a situation where a job application is in favour of white people in this day and age?

The role of James Bond.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

ITV researcher job. on 21:13 - Oct 20 with 1450 viewsAnotherJohn

ITV researcher job. on 20:45 - Oct 20 by Highjack

The role of James Bond.

Give it time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/10/idris-elbas-hopes-first-black-james-
ITV researcher job. on 21:32 - Oct 20 with 1438 viewsWingstandwood

ITV researcher job. on 20:45 - Oct 20 by Highjack

The role of James Bond.

Argus!

ITV researcher job. on 23:28 - Oct 20 with 1405 viewsJackSomething

ITV researcher job. on 17:04 - Oct 20 by Wingstandwood

Spoken to you before on here about Swansea City Council practises and you are indeed bang on (I have a relative working for the council) and it's an absolute hotbed for positive discrimination......It is a well known fact that totally unsuited people of far lesser calibre have gained employment there because of it.

Jobs have been awarded in Swansea Council for many years because the person is a friend or family member of a council employee. Is that alright if the person is white?

As has been said positive discrimination has been going on forever. It's only when it benefits someone other than a white male that the usual cretins throw a tantrum.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

ITV researcher job. on 23:46 - Oct 20 with 1391 viewsWingstandwood

ITV researcher job. on 23:28 - Oct 20 by JackSomething

Jobs have been awarded in Swansea Council for many years because the person is a friend or family member of a council employee. Is that alright if the person is white?

As has been said positive discrimination has been going on forever. It's only when it benefits someone other than a white male that the usual cretins throw a tantrum.

Nepotism is indeed another form of unfair practice also!... I would not argue against your extremely valid point because what you mentioned is another thing that denies many a far better applicant a job position that is so justifiably deserved.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024