Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feck my eyes.... 11:20 - Oct 20 with 2095 viewsSwanzay

Swansea Bay tidal lagoon was seeking nearly £500m in Welsh Government backing.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/swansea-bay-tidal-lagoon-se
Feck my eyes.... on 11:26 - Oct 20 with 2078 viewspeenemunde

Just build the bloody thing.
Feck my eyes.... on 11:34 - Oct 20 with 2059 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

But they photoshopped some lovely looking pictures and made a nice video with upbeat music.. thankfully Theresa May and whoever else actually made a fair and balanced decision isn't as gullible as the people who TLP tricked.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Feck my eyes.... on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 1971 viewsAguycalledJack

Was Adam price in charge of applying for the funding?
Feck my eyes.... on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 1929 viewsLeonWasGod

Feck my eyes.... on 11:34 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But they photoshopped some lovely looking pictures and made a nice video with upbeat music.. thankfully Theresa May and whoever else actually made a fair and balanced decision isn't as gullible as the people who TLP tricked.

If they’d put half as much effort into answering questions about the environment impact and ensuring value for money as they did into flashy PR they could have been building it by now. Weren’t questions also raised about their links to quarry(ies?) in Devon/Cornwall that would supply the stone? The more I’ve heard about it, the less attractive this particular project seems.

We absolutely should be exploiting tidal power though. Stupid not to.
Feck my eyes.... on 15:27 - Oct 20 with 1899 viewsKilkennyjack

Much better to spend billions on a pointless Brexit, of course ...!

I mean not like the global weather has changed much recently ..?!
Just carry on.

Tidal is important.

Beware of the Risen People

Feck my eyes.... on 15:37 - Oct 20 with 1891 viewsWingstandwood

Feck my eyes.... on 13:58 - Oct 20 by AguycalledJack

Argus!

Feck my eyes.... on 15:41 - Oct 20 with 1883 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Feck my eyes.... on 15:08 - Oct 20 by LeonWasGod

If they’d put half as much effort into answering questions about the environment impact and ensuring value for money as they did into flashy PR they could have been building it by now. Weren’t questions also raised about their links to quarry(ies?) in Devon/Cornwall that would supply the stone? The more I’ve heard about it, the less attractive this particular project seems.

"maintain that its pathfinder Swansea project, which would have powered up to 150,000 homes, would have led to a series of much larger lagoons off the western coast of Britain - requiring lower strike prices and creating a new renewable energy sector for the Welsh and UK economies."

I agree we should be using it. How about we build these larger lagoons with lower strike prices elsewhere. Why build a second rate one in Swansea, putting £822m of debt at the feet of the WAG?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Feck my eyes.... on 16:18 - Oct 20 with 1826 viewsLohengrin

Feck my eyes.... on 13:58 - Oct 20 by AguycalledJack

It’s the Gay Highwayman! Stand and deliver the taxpayers’ purse...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Feck my eyes.... on 20:15 - Oct 20 with 1673 viewsJack_Meoff

Feck my eyes.... on 11:34 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Just as a comparison it was the same extortionate strike price as the nuclear plant that is going ahead at Hinkley Point. For 35 years. Well done CMD.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Feck my eyes.... on 21:51 - Oct 20 with 1610 viewsScotia

The problem they have had since day one, is those questions couldn't be answered. If they could a major company would have bought the concept of the lagoon company. Which is what they wanted all along.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:29 - Oct 20 with 1588 viewstheloneranger

Mark Shorrock, the CEO, of Tidal Lagoon Power is also the owner of Shire Oak Quarry Ltd supplying the stone.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 22:30]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Feck my eyes.... on 23:54 - Oct 20 with 1547 viewsswanforthemoney

Ive no idea whether a Tidal barrage for power generation is an economic proposition. We do have exceptional tidal range here, but the tidal lagoon concept is unproven. I suspect it could work and the lagoon and turbines and electircal infrastructure maybe able to be used as pumped storage for excess wind power at times wind power is not needed.
Id suggest a single turbine prototype to prove the concept. The Swansea Bay project is/was a ridiculously expensive project for what is, essentially, a prototype.

I fear the lagoon's time has passed. The diminishing cost of electricity from large offshore wind arrays will put paid to it. Offshore wind is a proven concept and widely operational.

The latest large offshore turbines should be producing it at a cost of £57.50 per MW hour
source:
https://www.ft.com/content/28b0eb2e-96f1-11e7-a652-cde3f882dd7b

This price is far lower than the guaranteed price the lagoon was asking for.

I stand in the North Stand

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:14 - Oct 24 with 1354 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:29 - Oct 20 by theloneranger

Mark Shorrock, the CEO, of Tidal Lagoon Power is also the owner of Shire Oak Quarry Ltd supplying the stone.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 22:30]

Sounds like the goings on at Swansea City

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Feck my eyes.... on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 1342 viewsDr_Winston

A massive con job from day one. I suppose it serves one purpose in that anyone advocating support for the project can from this day onwards be clearly labelled as a f*cking idiot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Feck my eyes.... on 23:23 - Oct 24 with 1299 viewsswan65split

if it was so good, wheres the private money?
Feck my eyes.... on 23:28 - Oct 24 with 1289 viewstheloneranger

Feck my eyes.... on 23:23 - Oct 24 by swan65split

if it was so good, wheres the private money?

In Mark Shorrock's bank account 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Feck my eyes.... on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 1284 viewsDJack

Feck my eyes.... on 22:28 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

A massive con job from day one. I suppose it serves one purpose in that anyone advocating support for the project can from this day onwards be clearly labelled as a f*cking idiot.

Are you talking about the Lagoon or SCFC?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024