Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... 18:45 - Oct 20 with 5856 viewsbonymine

My thoughts here ;

Mulder should be No1 no need to rotate your keepers Nordfelt had his chance although he did do well today .....

Massive faux pas giving Cian Harries his League debut at Villa Park in front on 42,000 fans ....the lad is a great talent but giving him his debut at Villa Park is a HUGE ask on for any player ....

I understand that squad rotation given the number of games must be central to team selection this season, however, balance and quality MUST certainly come into it as well !! Why on Earth didn’t Grimes & Naughton start today ?

I appreciate he’s got a difficult job but some decisions are bewildering ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:02 - Oct 20 with 2916 viewsAlgorfajack

Ditto

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 2867 viewsmagicdaps10

Well, small,young squad......trying to get the youngsters as experienced as possible because there is going to be no help from the board.

Not my words

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 2848 viewsbonymine

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:19 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Well, small,young squad......trying to get the youngsters as experienced as possible because there is going to be no help from the board.

Not my words

So do you agree that Cian should have made his debut today mate ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:05 - Oct 20 with 2803 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:28 - Oct 20 by bonymine

Nothing wrong with playing his first game away at Villa. It ain't the Bernabeu no matter what Potter thinks.

But it was the wrong day to change the system to three centre halves, definitely.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:07 - Oct 20 with 2786 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 19:28 - Oct 20 by bonymine

No.

Chucked in at the deep end, sink or swim, this is what Potter is trying to do.
When you are told that your centre half could be sold in the winter window and you cant buy a replacement, trying to get Harries toughened and ready will become a priority.

Rather than trying to just make strides in this league, Potter needs to get these youngsters ready, ready to replace the more experienced players who wont be here in 9 months or less.

Expect to see more of Harries in the lead up to Jan, also expect a 2 month push with Bony from the 1st November.

The club have eyes on things, a plan........but that does not kick in until January.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:33 - Oct 20 with 2713 viewsjeza739

Another thing that is starting to grip my sh1t is this nonsense of Mcsox on the wing. Totally ridiculous tactic. Btw totally agree re Mulder is better keeper and should play. If hes so insistent on nordfeldt playing coz hes so good with ball at his feet put him in bloody midfield!
Seriously tho. Just got back fm game. Harries looked lost, 3 at the back and 2 in mf was a disaster. We looked better 2nd half but imo GP tactics and selection today cost us. Tammy missed 2 easier chances than the one he scored and they could have been out of sight by half time.
Unf its not the first time his selection/tactics has cost us imo. Should stop tinkering.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 2711 viewsJack59

Sadly this season, the focus is not on returning to the Premiership. The aim seems to be no more than to stay in this League and dispose of our big earners and sadly our better players in the January window.
These Yanks either have nothing, or are so tight, they make Martin Morgan look like Roman Abramovich.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:57 - Oct 20 with 2647 viewsE20Jack

From messiah to moron in a few weeks. Planetswans is wonderful.

Groundhog Day again though. What do you mean “support from the owners” and “Americans don’t have much or are tight”?

Are we yet again suggesting that they should be personally funding and diluting the Trusts shares to buy players or something? There are lots of comments with very little understanding behind them, yet these lines are trotted out on a regular basis.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 20:58]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:07 - Oct 20 with 2616 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:34 - Oct 20 by Jack59

Sadly this season, the focus is not on returning to the Premiership. The aim seems to be no more than to stay in this League and dispose of our big earners and sadly our better players in the January window.
These Yanks either have nothing, or are so tight, they make Martin Morgan look like Roman Abramovich.

The focus is on Potter to integrate the youngsters and get them streetwise in readiness to be involved week in week out once the bigger earners have gone.......Potter has his eyes partly on doing this and therefore a serious push in this league is not quite 50% of this seasons plans.

There are going to be mistakes and errors but Potter is doing a sterling job with what he has to hand, I dont think many will knock him, we can all see the direction he wants to take us.

Until the board wake up and realise that they have a diamond in Potter, Potter will always being tinkering and trying new things......give him a solid foundation and some ammunition and Potter will do the business.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:10 - Oct 20 with 2600 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:07 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

The focus is on Potter to integrate the youngsters and get them streetwise in readiness to be involved week in week out once the bigger earners have gone.......Potter has his eyes partly on doing this and therefore a serious push in this league is not quite 50% of this seasons plans.

There are going to be mistakes and errors but Potter is doing a sterling job with what he has to hand, I dont think many will knock him, we can all see the direction he wants to take us.

Until the board wake up and realise that they have a diamond in Potter, Potter will always being tinkering and trying new things......give him a solid foundation and some ammunition and Potter will do the business.

Good post.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:17 - Oct 20 with 2574 viewsBadlands

Three CBs? VDH, Joe & CCV
If you are going to tinker, tinker with CF who has had the service some of our previous strikers would have killed for.
Tinker with systems only if you have the personal capable of responding (after 12 games that should known so IMO no excuse for today).
Playing full backs on the wing is great if its Roberts ahead of Naughton or vice-versa but CMs at left back when playing a LB as a winger? Silly.
I really like Potter I like how he's getting us to play but someone needs to take him aside and lay it down - do not make wholesale changes from week to week unless you are getting the points.
We could see ourselves in another relegation dogfight not because we don't have the players (CF accepted) but because they don't know each other.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:19 - Oct 20 with 2565 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"There are going to be mistakes and errors but Potter is doing a sterling job", sorry I don't agree, blooding the youngsters is all well and good.
In fact I from what I saw of it Cian did not make that many mistakes.
The big deal for most people is the goal keeper situation, which appears to be change for the sake of it when Mulder is obviously the better goalie based on results.
Plus playing your only fit Striker on the wing is bizarre.

ps I just remembered we do have another fit striker, you know the one that scored the last time we saw him, Baker-Richardson isn't it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 21:30]
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:27 - Oct 20 with 2522 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:19 - Oct 20 by A_Fans_Dad

"There are going to be mistakes and errors but Potter is doing a sterling job", sorry I don't agree, blooding the youngsters is all well and good.
In fact I from what I saw of it Cian did not make that many mistakes.
The big deal for most people is the goal keeper situation, which appears to be change for the sake of it when Mulder is obviously the better goalie based on results.
Plus playing your only fit Striker on the wing is bizarre.

ps I just remembered we do have another fit striker, you know the one that scored the last time we saw him, Baker-Richardson isn't it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 21:30]

Youngsters will make mistakes, a lot if mistakes made by them are small but can be punished and not moticed by most fans.

For instance, positional mistakes are often missed by fans, it can only be a few steps but that small difference can be massive.

I remember a young Ben Davies, as good as he was from the start, he constantly turned his back after conceding a throwing......it used to baffle me that people didnnt notice this!! I can tell you this now, this was one of the first things that Miguel A'gostino was assigned to iron out working with Ben.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:27 - Oct 20 with 2521 viewsmahoss

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 20:57 - Oct 20 by E20Jack

From messiah to moron in a few weeks. Planetswans is wonderful.

Groundhog Day again though. What do you mean “support from the owners” and “Americans don’t have much or are tight”?

Are we yet again suggesting that they should be personally funding and diluting the Trusts shares to buy players or something? There are lots of comments with very little understanding behind them, yet these lines are trotted out on a regular basis.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 20:58]

We can keep coming out with this stuff but........
Potter like every other manager will live or die by his results.
2 very important home games coming up,he will know that if they go badly the pressure will be on.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 2501 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:27 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Youngsters will make mistakes, a lot if mistakes made by them are small but can be punished and not moticed by most fans.

For instance, positional mistakes are often missed by fans, it can only be a few steps but that small difference can be massive.

I remember a young Ben Davies, as good as he was from the start, he constantly turned his back after conceding a throwing......it used to baffle me that people didnnt notice this!! I can tell you this now, this was one of the first things that Miguel A'gostino was assigned to iron out working with Ben.

So how many mistakes did Cian make and what were they?
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:33 - Oct 20 with 2495 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:27 - Oct 20 by mahoss

We can keep coming out with this stuff but........
Potter like every other manager will live or die by his results.
2 very important home games coming up,he will know that if they go badly the pressure will be on.

He’s here to stop the slide, he will do that.

If this season is anything but a relegation battle, then it’s job done as far as I’m concerned and I have every confidence we’ll keep our heads comfortably above water, while at the same time changing the way we play, which mirrors something close to what we had under Rodgers last time we were here.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:42 - Oct 20 with 2447 viewsmagicdaps10

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:31 - Oct 20 by A_Fans_Dad

So how many mistakes did Cian make and what were they?

Couldnt put a number to it.

Noticed a few times that Bjarnasson made a run down his outside channel and he was watching him and stood square on for far too long......was still square on even when he was at arms length, the run was about 15 yards off him.

It is not a knock on him, I think we have a very good player on our hands.......has an excellent cross field pass in him.

All I am saying, youngsters will make mistakes and Potter knows it, we need to expect these teething issues with so many kids in the first team squad.

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 2431 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:42 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Couldnt put a number to it.

Noticed a few times that Bjarnasson made a run down his outside channel and he was watching him and stood square on for far too long......was still square on even when he was at arms length, the run was about 15 yards off him.

It is not a knock on him, I think we have a very good player on our hands.......has an excellent cross field pass in him.

All I am saying, youngsters will make mistakes and Potter knows it, we need to expect these teething issues with so many kids in the first team squad.

He's a centrehalf used to having a fullback protecting the outside. Strange decision to throw him in for his first game as part of a 3. Played left back a bit at Coventry but he's not got the mobility to defend wide areas, really.

Quality player even if he can look a bit static and agricultural at times.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 2371 viewsBytholWyn

It shouldn't be forgotten that Potter had a fortnight to prepare the team, so this will have played a big part in his preparation of the team. You would have expected CCV to play - but he was away in the states on national duty, so that would explain the preference for Harries, if not the reason for switching to three centre halves.

Potter is clearly choosing players over their footballing ability rather than end-product at the moment - it's not possible to explain his preference for Nordfeldt and McKay in any other way.

Potter clearly got it wrong today, but he could reasonably have expected the likes of Fer to give better protection to the back line.

It would be good to see a bit more pragmatism from Potter, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Potter's principled football winning out in the long run.

Potter's a class act, the only thing we need to worry about is hanging on to him. Decisions we make in the transfer window may be critical in that regard, because his ability won't have gone unnoticed when the sack-race starts in earnest. It's lucky that Smith had Villa connections, because without that it wouldn't have surprised me if Villa would have gone for Potter. That's the one thing that gives me sleepless nights -because without Potter we are well and truly fykd.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:13 - Oct 20 with 2360 viewsmahoss

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 21:33 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

He’s here to stop the slide, he will do that.

If this season is anything but a relegation battle, then it’s job done as far as I’m concerned and I have every confidence we’ll keep our heads comfortably above water, while at the same time changing the way we play, which mirrors something close to what we had under Rodgers last time we were here.

I understand what you are saying.
However I don't think you can compare the situation we have now to when Rodgers was here.
We,ll see..........
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 2349 viewsLoyal

Potter is tinkering to fck, he already is the tinkerman.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 2356 views34dfgdf54

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:13 - Oct 20 by mahoss

I understand what you are saying.
However I don't think you can compare the situation we have now to when Rodgers was here.
We,ll see..........

No I agree,

Potters job is ten fold more difficult, which makes it all the more remarkable how he’s managed to put a stamp on the team, while going through huge amounts of transition.

The guys a class act.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:45 - Oct 20 with 2278 viewsjasper_T

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 22:10 - Oct 20 by BytholWyn

It shouldn't be forgotten that Potter had a fortnight to prepare the team, so this will have played a big part in his preparation of the team. You would have expected CCV to play - but he was away in the states on national duty, so that would explain the preference for Harries, if not the reason for switching to three centre halves.

Potter is clearly choosing players over their footballing ability rather than end-product at the moment - it's not possible to explain his preference for Nordfeldt and McKay in any other way.

Potter clearly got it wrong today, but he could reasonably have expected the likes of Fer to give better protection to the back line.

It would be good to see a bit more pragmatism from Potter, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Potter's principled football winning out in the long run.

Potter's a class act, the only thing we need to worry about is hanging on to him. Decisions we make in the transfer window may be critical in that regard, because his ability won't have gone unnoticed when the sack-race starts in earnest. It's lucky that Smith had Villa connections, because without that it wouldn't have surprised me if Villa would have gone for Potter. That's the one thing that gives me sleepless nights -because without Potter we are well and truly fykd.

Harries was on international duty as well. Played against Romania and Switzerland for the U21s.
Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 01:33 - Oct 21 with 2181 viewsE20Jack

“Until the board wake up and realise that they have a diamond in Potter, Potter will always being tinkering and trying new things......give him a solid foundation and some ammunition and Potter will do the business. ”

What do you mean realise they have a gem in Potter? You do realise they were the ones who went to the expense and difficulty of appointing him right?

What do you mean give him ammunition? Like breaking our transfer record outside the Premier League - like they already have you mean?

Or are you wanting them to do what no other owner has done and personally fund transfers while diluting the Trust and plunging the club into debt?

You haven’t thought this one through have you? Just meaningless sound bites.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Please don’t be the new Tinkerman Graham .... on 07:39 - Oct 21 with 2127 viewsjack247

He has got a small, young first team squad and there are 8 more games in the Championship. He hasn’t got a lot of choice other than to rotate players a lot and try them in different positions (which he has got a lot of success from). As others have alluded to, he may be using this season to blood players and find out which combinations work.

I’m with the majority on the goalkeeper situation. Couldn’t get a stream yesterday, but based on the rest of the season, Mulder looks the better choice. Don’t be surprised to see lots of changes to formation, tactics and personnel throughout the rest of the season though. I’m not really expecting a regular starting eleven to emerge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024