Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cian Harries 22:30 - Oct 20 with 4614 viewsLandore_Jack

Thoughts?

#backtojack

Cian Harries on 22:33 - Oct 20 with 3912 viewsoldcob

Talented lad no doubt, but I'd like to see him play in a settled side if we ever get one of those again.
Cian Harries on 22:34 - Oct 20 with 3907 viewsBytholWyn

No idea, haven't seen the game. But I have watched the highlights on Quest on frame-by-frame and VDH was clearly to blame for the goal. He failed to get off the ground giving Abraham a free header. Rodon did his best to challenge him from behind, but wasn't in a position to win the header. I don't think we can blame Nordfeldt either - the cross came from the edge of the penalty area - not enough distance for any goalie to come and claim/punch it. But don't let that get in the way of the anti-Nordfeldt agenda...
Cian Harries on 22:58 - Oct 20 with 3844 viewsFireboy2

Thrown in at the deep end

Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights

Not his fault

Will be a good un though
Cian Harries on 23:13 - Oct 20 with 3807 viewsKilkennyjack

Like most players, simply has not got the attributes of SuperJoey Rodon.
Lets not expect the same.

Beware of the Risen People

Cian Harries on 23:25 - Oct 20 with 3762 viewskarnataka

Completely and utterly the wrong game in which to make his debut. Not his fault.
Cian Harries on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 3736 viewsicecoldjack

Cian Harries on 23:25 - Oct 20 by karnataka

Completely and utterly the wrong game in which to make his debut. Not his fault.

One of the more stranger decisions by potter.
Cian Harries on 23:34 - Oct 20 with 3715 viewskarnataka

Cian Harries on 23:30 - Oct 20 by icecoldjack

One of the more stranger decisions by potter.

True, and the competition for that accolade seems to grow by the week.
Cian Harries on 23:36 - Oct 20 with 3699 viewsBytholWyn

Can anyone actually point to a single error he made. Looking at the highlights VDH was responsible for the goal, and Rodon for Abraham's best other opportunity. People wouldn't possible trying to shoehorn Harries' appearance into a narrative determined by the result? Surely not...
Login to get fewer ads

Cian Harries on 23:42 - Oct 20 with 3680 viewsBytholWyn

Look at VDH in the image of Villa's goal: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-player

If you have to choose a scapegoat then VDH seems the obvious candidate.
Cian Harries on 01:15 - Oct 21 with 3556 viewsvalleyboy

Cian Harries on 22:58 - Oct 20 by Fireboy2

Thrown in at the deep end

Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights

Not his fault

Will be a good un though

Agree with your first three statements but not sure in that you think he will come good

Footballers normally take their chance to shine, but I’m afraid that Harries let himself down today

Looked like a fish out of water in today’s game
Cian Harries on 01:22 - Oct 21 with 3549 viewsNeathJack

Cian Harries on 01:15 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

Agree with your first three statements but not sure in that you think he will come good

Footballers normally take their chance to shine, but I’m afraid that Harries let himself down today

Looked like a fish out of water in today’s game

I thought he did perfectly well given the very deep end he was thrown into. Can't think of anything he did particularly wrong in fact?

Doesn't detract from the utterly bizarre decision to put him in there though.
Cian Harries on 01:43 - Oct 21 with 3533 viewsvalleyboy

Cian Harries on 01:22 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

I thought he did perfectly well given the very deep end he was thrown into. Can't think of anything he did particularly wrong in fact?

Doesn't detract from the utterly bizarre decision to put him in there though.

Normally when I’m watching matches, there’s always a player that brings your attention to him in the way he’s playing

Could be an opposition player as well

I’m afraid today I hardly heard Harries’s name mention, let alone to see something in a footballing context

Football is a hard old game in many ways and if you don’t take your chances, you just disappear
Cian Harries on 02:25 - Oct 21 with 3507 viewsEU5Makaveli

Will be a starting centre half for us in the future, strange to throw him in today though. But Potter see’s the players every day and I only see them once a week at best so who am I to judge?
Cian Harries on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 3229 viewsSTID2017

Made a solid debut and looked comfortable. People expect too much.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cian Harries on 11:37 - Oct 21 with 3200 viewsJango

Haven’t watched the game back yet but I thought he was excellent against Palace in the cup this season. I think people are going way over the top with yesterday’s result. Losing 1-0 away to anyone in this league is no disgrace. The 2 favourites in Stoke and West Brom both lost to teams who I’d say are weaker than villa yesterday.
Cian Harries on 13:50 - Oct 21 with 3057 viewsdickythorpe

Great experience for him. Crowds of 41,000 are a real spur for a player to relish more.
He'll learn so much.
Cian Harries on 19:17 - Oct 22 with 2656 viewskrunchykarrot

Cian Harries on 13:50 - Oct 21 by dickythorpe

Great experience for him. Crowds of 41,000 are a real spur for a player to relish more.
He'll learn so much.

People who comment on a debut with negative comments obviously know little about pro football. Rodon and other youngsters will make mistakes so the above comment is spot on.
Cian Harries on 00:09 - Oct 23 with 2506 views_

I've watched the game back and the comments slagging him off are basically pretty clueless. No surprise who's making them..

As always, the full replay is on the website so watch it for yourselves, but actually watch it this time instead of just making shit up because that's just a bit weird.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cian Harries on 00:24 - Oct 23 with 2492 viewsjruss1

Think I can re-call one situation he misjudged. A solid debut and he played some good passes (there was one great chipped pass down the line to Celina I think). A very talented footballer who should take great confidence from the trust put in him Saturday. Left footed centre halfs who are comfortable on the ball...rare.
Cian Harries on 00:27 - Oct 23 with 2491 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cian Harries on 00:09 - Oct 23 by _

I've watched the game back and the comments slagging him off are basically pretty clueless. No surprise who's making them..

As always, the full replay is on the website so watch it for yourselves, but actually watch it this time instead of just making shit up because that's just a bit weird.

I haven't seen the game at all, just listened to the radio. Do you think we made a mistake going into the game with 5 at the back? Are you a bit concerned about us giving sides a head start these last few games? Are you happy Mulder was replaced even though he had done so well? Not being argumentative, just genuinely interested in your point of view.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cian Harries on 00:55 - Oct 23 with 2477 views_

Cian Harries on 00:27 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I haven't seen the game at all, just listened to the radio. Do you think we made a mistake going into the game with 5 at the back? Are you a bit concerned about us giving sides a head start these last few games? Are you happy Mulder was replaced even though he had done so well? Not being argumentative, just genuinely interested in your point of view.

No I'm not happy at all with Potters pissing about. I wasn't happy about Nordvelt coming back in at the time but I think I know why he's in. He is a lot better ball to feet and that's a style Potter wants to get right.

Potter felt we were too open down the flanks against Ipswich so that's why he went with the 5. For me it was a completely unnecessary change to make.

But there's lots like this.

Dyer
Routs
Grimes

These could genuinely have cemented their positions already this season but he's either chosen to ignore them or shift one to left back, and he did that after
Grimes was really making a splash. We've also got a very capable left back for this league who can equally play left wing back so, again, it's a needless change.

By now, after 13 games our squad should really have started cementing itself in and partnerships could have started to really flourish.

We can't be that interested each time on picking a team for the opposition, we could just as well pick one that's grown together and capable of beating them whatever they do.

Like I've said though, a weird part of me is enjoying the tinkering because it's our very own brand of total football - where each player can play in any position, but that can only be enjoyable when we're getting results, and at the moment that's not happening, we're wasting important matches and the only reason seems to be the unnecessary tinkering.

He's brought a lot of pressure on himself and tomorrow has become a big game for him.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cian Harries on 01:06 - Oct 23 with 2472 viewsbuilthjack

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dyer starting

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cian Harries on 07:50 - Oct 23 with 2394 views34dfgdf54

Cian Harries on 00:55 - Oct 23 by _

No I'm not happy at all with Potters pissing about. I wasn't happy about Nordvelt coming back in at the time but I think I know why he's in. He is a lot better ball to feet and that's a style Potter wants to get right.

Potter felt we were too open down the flanks against Ipswich so that's why he went with the 5. For me it was a completely unnecessary change to make.

Dyer
Routs
Grimes

These could genuinely have cemented their positions already this season but he's either chosen to ignore them or shift one to left back, and he did that after
Grimes was really making a splash. We've also got a very capable left back for this league who can equally play left wing back so, again, it's a needless change.

By now, after 13 games our squad should really have started cementing itself in and partnerships could have started to really flourish.

We can't be that interested each time on picking a team for the opposition, we could just as well pick one that's grown together and capable of beating them whatever they do.

Like I've said though, a weird part of me is enjoying the tinkering because it's our very own brand of total football - where each player can play in any position, but that can only be enjoyable when we're getting results, and at the moment that's not happening, we're wasting important matches and the only reason seems to be the unnecessary tinkering.

He's brought a lot of pressure on himself and tomorrow has become a big game for him.

The club want Dyer and Routledge out. He is trying to prepare for the future without them.

Dyer has even told supporters out and about that they want him out.

I don't agree with the keeper situation, I can see why he likes Grimes at left back because his distribution is good and our right and left backs are important in possession, but I can also see why he'd be p*ssed off with being dropped back there after playing well in his preffered positon.

I can't even explain the Dan James situation though, it's probably what you said in regards to being too open down the flanks agaisnt Ipswich. He showed Villa too much respect, it's a mistake and he'll learn from it.

I just think this season is all about restructing for next. We aren't going to have the likes of Dyer, Routs, Bony, Fer or even Naughton, and there is unlikely to be any cash to strengthen the squad, he needs to know who he can rely on next season and that's why he is tinkering so much. Was he known for tinkering at Osterstunds? None of their supporters mentioned it when posting on here as far as I know.
Cian Harries on 07:56 - Oct 23 with 2381 viewsLoyal

Cian Harries on 07:50 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

The club want Dyer and Routledge out. He is trying to prepare for the future without them.

Dyer has even told supporters out and about that they want him out.

I don't agree with the keeper situation, I can see why he likes Grimes at left back because his distribution is good and our right and left backs are important in possession, but I can also see why he'd be p*ssed off with being dropped back there after playing well in his preffered positon.

I can't even explain the Dan James situation though, it's probably what you said in regards to being too open down the flanks agaisnt Ipswich. He showed Villa too much respect, it's a mistake and he'll learn from it.

I just think this season is all about restructing for next. We aren't going to have the likes of Dyer, Routs, Bony, Fer or even Naughton, and there is unlikely to be any cash to strengthen the squad, he needs to know who he can rely on next season and that's why he is tinkering so much. Was he known for tinkering at Osterstunds? None of their supporters mentioned it when posting on here as far as I know.

So he is giving players a debut to cover up for another fire sale ?
I posted a thread on this.
Personally I think the board are cnts for putting him in this position.
But then they were cnts before that.

Our club is being mismanaged to save money where as before it was mismanaged spending money.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cian Harries on 09:20 - Oct 23 with 2335 viewsLeonWasGod

Cian Harries on 00:55 - Oct 23 by _

Dyer
Routs
Grimes

Not the first time I've seen Dyer and Routs pop up. Granted they haven't had much time, but Dyer did diddly squat to show he wanted a position when he was given a chance. He looked awful. Routs less so, but ineffectual and gave the ball away a lot (as usual). I was hoping we were missing a trick with these 2 but they look shadows of their former selves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024