Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought - Tinkering 22:49 - Oct 20 with 2214 viewsLoyal

Is GP aware of the players who will / may go in January and has to blood players now like Harris because he knows how much his squad will be stripped in January ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Just a thought - Tinkering on 22:53 - Oct 20 with 2207 viewsCooperman

Hmm. Not an insurmountable possibility.

When I saw today’s starting eleven I let out a shrug of the shoulders.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Just a thought - Tinkering on 05:15 - Oct 21 with 2065 viewsLoyal

It fills me with a certain amount of dread that the yanks have their eyes on dollar signs and will strip us bear in January and surely Potters selections are a reflection that as well. Just can't think of any other reason for some of his choices in recent games.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:04 - Oct 21 with 1969 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 05:15 - Oct 21 by Loyal

It fills me with a certain amount of dread that the yanks have their eyes on dollar signs and will strip us bear in January and surely Potters selections are a reflection that as well. Just can't think of any other reason for some of his choices in recent games.

Well if that indeed is the case then the "be patient with the owners" period will be over. Big time.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 1934 viewsangryjack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:04 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if that indeed is the case then the "be patient with the owners" period will be over. Big time.

You still got patient's with the owners? They're a bunch of kants end of
Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:34 - Oct 21 with 1923 viewsBigPhilG

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:29 - Oct 21 by angryjack

You still got patient's with the owners? They're a bunch of kants end of

Hard to believe there are still people out there supporting the yanks and Jenkins, just shows how thick some people are
Just a thought - Tinkering on 10:24 - Oct 21 with 1836 viewsBillyChong

Wouldn’t be surprised, it’s a strange approach otherwise
Just a thought - Tinkering on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 1707 viewsLoyal

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:04 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Nah, time isn't right mate ...

Just a thought - Tinkering on 19:51 - Oct 21 with 1637 viewsmonmouth

Just a thought - Tinkering on 05:15 - Oct 21 by Loyal

Exactly what I thought TBH. Cian put in to get experience to eventually replace Rodon or VDH. McKay and Nordfelt because we're stuck with them. Naughton off too.

To be fair to the yanks, a lot of this is now outside their control. These players agents will already be working overtime to bid up their deals so that at worst we end up having to compete and pay over the odds.

I would still hope that GP plays the best team, but the constant chopping around is quite bizarre. Mulder I just cant get my swede around.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 1594 viewsBluebird

He's probably aware what players are going or the club are hoping to get rid of. His job isn't an easy one down west but from what i can see and have been told he's doing ok?
When we came down to the championship we were in a similar situation with players leaving or wanting to leave but on silly wages.
We were struggling down the bottom when warnock came here and luckily turned us around but in my opinion from what i can see your in a better position than we were and have a decent manager and a good team but i think it will take you a season or two to get back to normal?
Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:19 - Oct 21 with 1557 viewsKilkennyjack

If the owners try to be ‘clever’ in the Championship, then get ready for a relegation fight.

Its a tough league even picking your best team every week.

And as a fan i expect the best possible 11 to represent our club.
Anything else is not football.

Beware of the Risen People

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 1550 viewslonglostjack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 19:51 - Oct 21 by monmouth

Exactly what I thought TBH. Cian put in to get experience to eventually replace Rodon or VDH. McKay and Nordfelt because we're stuck with them. Naughton off too.

To be fair to the yanks, a lot of this is now outside their control. These players agents will already be working overtime to bid up their deals so that at worst we end up having to compete and pay over the odds.

I would still hope that GP plays the best team, but the constant chopping around is quite bizarre. Mulder I just cant get my swede around.

Sad if true. We dipped into the U23s out of necessity and Potter has done a good job with them. (Not forgetting for a moment that they are Tosh Jr. prodigies). It may have put them in the showroom and I can well imagine that there are a few agents licking their lips but it’s up to Potter to get them to buy into “the project”. For that he needs the backing of the owners. I have not heard one public statement where they say they will back Potter to the hilt in keeping our young talent. That, coupled with the fact that they haven’t shared management accounts since June makes me fear the worse.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:45 - Oct 21 with 1531 viewsjasper_T

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:25 - Oct 21 by longlostjack

Sad if true. We dipped into the U23s out of necessity and Potter has done a good job with them. (Not forgetting for a moment that they are Tosh Jr. prodigies). It may have put them in the showroom and I can well imagine that there are a few agents licking their lips but it’s up to Potter to get them to buy into “the project”. For that he needs the backing of the owners. I have not heard one public statement where they say they will back Potter to the hilt in keeping our young talent. That, coupled with the fact that they haven’t shared management accounts since June makes me fear the worse.

Does the interview where they said they turned down bids for McBurnie in the summer not count as "one public statement"?
Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 1517 viewsicecoldjack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:45 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Does the interview where they said they turned down bids for McBurnie in the summer not count as "one public statement"?

They turned down bids for jordan ayew too, so fook knows what the incompetents running the club will do next .
Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 1506 viewslonglostjack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 20:45 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

True. That was in the summer though and they would have had to offer Potter something or we’d have gone into the season without a recognized striker. It’s bad enough just having one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Just a thought - Tinkering on 21:56 - Oct 21 with 1459 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 09:34 - Oct 21 by BigPhilG

Hard to believe there are still people out there supporting the yanks and Jenkins, just shows how thick some people are

Who's supporting the Yanks and Jenkins then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just a thought - Tinkering on 00:12 - Oct 22 with 1388 views_

Oh come on FFS. This thread surely proves that every tiny event can be turned back on the owners or previous owners!!?

It's absolutely pathetic.

The tinkering is all on one man - and that's Potter. There's posters saying I hope the fans don't turn on him but perhaps there's good bloody reason to do just that.

The constant chopping and changing for no good reason whatsoever has cost us at least 3 to 5 points.

It's as simple as that. His refusal to play senior players, his messing around with the keeper, his centre back shuffling is pretty facking bizarre.

All on Potter. I like him, fack, a part of me even likes the tinkering, as much as I genuinely think it's costing us, but before long he's got to start putting results before his, what is it, some kind of weird ego thing?

Our players need to get used to who's playing alongside them, above them, behind them, they need to build a bit of bloody chemistry here and there as we're playing some real nice one, two touch football, but how much better would they be getting if they were getting more and more used to the partnerships that form on football pitches.

So onto Blackburn and no doubt another few changes. I can see Mckay dropping out and Dan James in. I can see Grimes starting and I can't see Harris playing.

Also but I'm sorry, Dyer and Routs could have done some serious damage so far this season.

Potter has got to put SCFC first.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Just a thought - Tinkering on 04:41 - Oct 22 with 1323 viewsE20Jack

Just a thought - Tinkering on 00:12 - Oct 22 by _

Oh come on FFS. This thread surely proves that every tiny event can be turned back on the owners or previous owners!!?

It's absolutely pathetic.

The tinkering is all on one man - and that's Potter. There's posters saying I hope the fans don't turn on him but perhaps there's good bloody reason to do just that.

The constant chopping and changing for no good reason whatsoever has cost us at least 3 to 5 points.

It's as simple as that. His refusal to play senior players, his messing around with the keeper, his centre back shuffling is pretty facking bizarre.

All on Potter. I like him, fack, a part of me even likes the tinkering, as much as I genuinely think it's costing us, but before long he's got to start putting results before his, what is it, some kind of weird ego thing?

Our players need to get used to who's playing alongside them, above them, behind them, they need to build a bit of bloody chemistry here and there as we're playing some real nice one, two touch football, but how much better would they be getting if they were getting more and more used to the partnerships that form on football pitches.

So onto Blackburn and no doubt another few changes. I can see Mckay dropping out and Dan James in. I can see Grimes starting and I can't see Harris playing.

Also but I'm sorry, Dyer and Routs could have done some serious damage so far this season.

Potter has got to put SCFC first.

Come on Chris, it has to be the owners fault.

Imagine how tired the likes of Dan James must feel playing 6 (yes six) Championship games in nearly 3 months. He must be utterly exhausted.

Spare a thought for our poor goalkeepers too, they must feel they are in the middle of back to back marathons with the load our owners have imposed on them forcing the rotation. I can’t even imagine how Nordfeldt feels right now playing 5 matches with November fast approaching.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Just a thought - Tinkering on 11:37 - Oct 22 with 1221 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Out of allthe tinkering Potter is currently doing - I don't understand why CCV isn't getting a game. We have him for the season - IF VDH/Rodon are off in January - why not use him?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Just a thought - Tinkering on 11:40 - Oct 22 with 1217 views34dfgdf54

Just a thought - Tinkering on 11:37 - Oct 22 by AustinIsOurHero

Out of allthe tinkering Potter is currently doing - I don't understand why CCV isn't getting a game. We have him for the season - IF VDH/Rodon are off in January - why not use him?

What's the point in Rodon going in January? He's on low wages and would go for peanuts as his contract is up in the summer.

VDH you may be right just to get him off the books, but I think they will wait until pre season.
Just a thought - Tinkering on 12:19 - Oct 22 with 1174 viewsjasper_T

Just a thought - Tinkering on 11:37 - Oct 22 by AustinIsOurHero

Perhaps they're not going. Maybe Potter's tinkering isn't some desperate attempt to prepare for doomsday, and he's just trying to outtthink the opposition.

He was clearly in awe of the mighty Villa so resorting to three at the back makes sense. Cian offers more on the ball and is more experienced wide left than CCV, so that was likely the strongest 3 he could put together.
Just a thought - Tinkering on 00:31 - Oct 23 with 975 viewsjruss1

Who knows but I don't think the Harris selection was done for that reason. Potter (wrongly) decided he wanted to play 3 at the back and Harris, being a natural left footer, was a logical choice on the left side of the 3. Plus, he's the 4th choice centre half, he's going to play at some point. He played well vs Palace in the cup and confidence was obviously there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024