Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keyless entry 23:16 - Oct 20 with 947 viewsCatullus

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ford-fiesta-cars-being-stolen-1528

It's a nightmare for new car owners, will your car be there when you come back? Will it be in one piece?
I have to ask though, is there a scandal brewing here. We've already seen the emissions scandal and now cars are so easy to steal or to rob from. Dealers are doing a lot more repairing and replacing and insurance claims are rising so people are paying excess fees and their premiums are rising.
Is the car industry profiting from this security flaw?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Keyless entry on 23:37 - Oct 20 with 920 viewsWingstandwood

The thieving scum are using technology to steal cars and I hope the police even the score with available counter-technology and use 'honey-trap' bait cars of same model to catch them like the rats they really are!!!!!!!

Argus!

Keyless entry on 00:02 - Oct 21 with 899 viewsswanforthemoney

With this and the ecoboost engines habitually overheating, doesnt make the fiesta look a good bet. Stick to an old banger. no fancy electronics or unproven engine designs, and no one wants to nick the bloody thing or the parts.

I stand in the North Stand

Keyless entry on 00:10 - Oct 21 with 894 viewsWingstandwood

Keyless entry on 00:02 - Oct 21 by swanforthemoney

With this and the ecoboost engines habitually overheating, doesnt make the fiesta look a good bet. Stick to an old banger. no fancy electronics or unproven engine designs, and no one wants to nick the bloody thing or the parts.

Indeed can be a wise move, I had a family member of braggadocio persona that bought a high performance Ford Cosworth. It turned out to be an absolute ridiculous choice of purchase it was a joyriders dream. It was that particulars cars destiny to be stolen.....It was!

Argus!

Keyless entry on 08:18 - Oct 21 with 823 viewsCatullus

I have a 6 year old focus estate, never had a problem, joyriders don't seem to want it and it's not high on the list of stolen motors. As said, some cars are destined to be stolen and I don't ever see myself bothering with a so called nice car, too much nonsense. To me. a car is a tool not a bragging point.
My point though is, are the car industry complicit in this? Are they generating more profits by deliberately making cars easier to steal? Some of these new security features seem anything but secure.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024