Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swans 22:02 - Oct 22 with 3000 viewssideline

swansea afc being stripped bare,dc united flying now,since the yanks takeover of swansea afc,coincidence??? dont think so.
swans on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 2942 viewscmajack

While I'm not saying the owners have put any of their own money into the club, the money we generated from the sale of siggy was absolutely wasted by jenkins. When you think what we paid for Bony, Baston, Clucas, Mesa , Andre ayew and the wages for Sanches we really should have carried on being an established premier league club. They bought Rooney and he has literally transformed their fortunes. Not one of those players i have listed contributed anything to the cause for the swans last season.
swans on 00:44 - Oct 23 with 2798 viewsFlashberryjack

swans on 22:15 - Oct 22 by cmajack

While I'm not saying the owners have put any of their own money into the club, the money we generated from the sale of siggy was absolutely wasted by jenkins. When you think what we paid for Bony, Baston, Clucas, Mesa , Andre ayew and the wages for Sanches we really should have carried on being an established premier league club. They bought Rooney and he has literally transformed their fortunes. Not one of those players i have listed contributed anything to the cause for the swans last season.

When you say wasted, it may have been for the club, but maybe not for others, someone did well out of those deals.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

swans on 09:19 - Oct 23 with 2667 viewsandypitt56

Really?? this again..... The owners are not taking money out of the club and sending it to DC!

they would not be allowed to do that, and even if they were found to be doing that they would be in serious trouble.

As stated above the reason we are in the situation is because they spent a lot of money on absolute dross!! Baston 15m, Mesa 15m, Bony 12m, Ayew 18m, clucas 15m....the list goes on.
swans on 09:22 - Oct 23 with 2655 viewsangryjack

swans on 09:19 - Oct 23 by andypitt56

Really?? this again..... The owners are not taking money out of the club and sending it to DC!

they would not be allowed to do that, and even if they were found to be doing that they would be in serious trouble.

As stated above the reason we are in the situation is because they spent a lot of money on absolute dross!! Baston 15m, Mesa 15m, Bony 12m, Ayew 18m, clucas 15m....the list goes on.

Like a previous post somebody had backhanders with the agents
swans on 09:33 - Oct 23 with 2636 viewsandypitt56

swans on 09:22 - Oct 23 by angryjack

Like a previous post somebody had backhanders with the agents

Thats what you are hoping happened, why cant you just accept that the club wasted money on crap. There doesnt have to be anything going on behind the scenes. We signed Poor players on big money its as simple as that. IMO They owners were idiots, there is no evidence that they have taken money out of the club for their own gain. They would have already put the club up for sale if that were the case. The fact is, the only way the owners can make money is by selling the club for more than they bought it for, they only way to do that is to improve the infrastructure...
swans on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 2573 viewsLeonWasGod

Vicious bastards. Especially if they're guarding a nest.
swans on 10:20 - Oct 23 with 2557 viewsLoyal

If they wanted to they could.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

swans on 10:37 - Oct 23 with 2528 viewsJJJack

I don't disagree with your points on wasting money on poor players. Undoubtedly that's the predominant reason for our demise.
However, you are completely wrong to say our owners would not be allowed to/be in serious trouble for effectively transferring funds between 2 clubs they own. Of course they could bloody do this if they want they own the clubs!!
Login to get fewer ads

swans on 10:40 - Oct 23 with 2522 viewsDr_Winston

swans on 10:37 - Oct 23 by JJJack

I don't disagree with your points on wasting money on poor players. Undoubtedly that's the predominant reason for our demise.
However, you are completely wrong to say our owners would not be allowed to/be in serious trouble for effectively transferring funds between 2 clubs they own. Of course they could bloody do this if they want they own the clubs!!

They don't own them entirely.

If they were using SCFC money to fund DCU without compensating other SCFC shareholders (ie The Trust) I believe that would be illegal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

swans on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 2512 viewsJJJack

swans on 09:33 - Oct 23 by andypitt56

Thats what you are hoping happened, why cant you just accept that the club wasted money on crap. There doesnt have to be anything going on behind the scenes. We signed Poor players on big money its as simple as that. IMO They owners were idiots, there is no evidence that they have taken money out of the club for their own gain. They would have already put the club up for sale if that were the case. The fact is, the only way the owners can make money is by selling the club for more than they bought it for, they only way to do that is to improve the infrastructure...

Mate, please stop peddling this rubbish . Because its completely untrue. Now we've been relegated its far less lucrative but of course owners can have taken money out of clubs ( and other businesses) ad infinitum. They're just clever about it and unless they're PLCs, they do NOT need to declare how they do this. I don't know why you can't see this.

Not that I'm saying they have done this - on balance I think -probably they haven't - but they most certainly could.
swans on 10:46 - Oct 23 with 2506 viewsomarjack

There are new posters who didn't complain yet about the obvious to most of us. Personally, I gave up on the state of our club a while ago.

Mr. Sideline, The time will come when you'll give up as well. It's like beating a dead horse, Nothing will change until the owners are gone for good.

Let's try and enjoy the football under Potter and the youngsters, that's all we have left.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

swans on 13:17 - Oct 23 with 2320 viewsFireboy2

swans on 09:33 - Oct 23 by andypitt56

You are saying that our capitalist hedge fund businessmen are idiots?
swans on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 2242 viewsandypitt56

swans on 13:17 - Oct 23 by Fireboy2

You are saying that our capitalist hedge fund businessmen are idiots?

I was talking about the players and money they have invested in, yes they are idiots, or at best they have been advised extremely poorly which is quite obvious. Just seems to be the same thing posted all the time, We massively overspent and this season we have to bare the consequences. I think potter is doing a great job with the tools at his disposal.
swans on 15:15 - Oct 23 with 2157 viewsFireboy2

swans on 14:08 - Oct 23 by andypitt56

I was talking about the players and money they have invested in, yes they are idiots, or at best they have been advised extremely poorly which is quite obvious. Just seems to be the same thing posted all the time, We massively overspent and this season we have to bare the consequences. I think potter is doing a great job with the tools at his disposal.

Its obvious that they were badly advised re signings and they thought it would be easy to stay in the PL with PL money but now all thats gone they have been very very cut throat when it comes to cutting costs,some like me say too cut throat and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if they were cleverly siphoning funds off to the 'investors'
swans on 15:37 - Oct 23 with 2121 viewsFlashberryjack

swans on 15:15 - Oct 23 by Fireboy2

Its obvious that they were badly advised re signings and they thought it would be easy to stay in the PL with PL money but now all thats gone they have been very very cut throat when it comes to cutting costs,some like me say too cut throat and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if they were cleverly siphoning funds off to the 'investors'

When it comes to lots of money....people become very adept at making it disappear (legally)
whether that be by smoke and mirror accounting, or some other ingenious way, but it does happen you know.

Hello

swans on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 2083 viewsjasper_T

swans on 15:37 - Oct 23 by Flashberryjack

When it comes to lots of money....people become very adept at making it disappear (legally)
whether that be by smoke and mirror accounting, or some other ingenious way, but it does happen you know.

What money, though? Swansea City is set to make massive losses with or without ferreting it out the back door, and its failure will cost them way more than any success at DC United might gain in the land of constant playoffs and zero relegation.
swans on 16:48 - Oct 23 with 2027 viewsFlashberryjack

swans on 16:06 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

What money, though? Swansea City is set to make massive losses with or without ferreting it out the back door, and its failure will cost them way more than any success at DC United might gain in the land of constant playoffs and zero relegation.

Of course, there never was any money for them to ferret away in the first place, was there ?

The sell out directors were all flat broke until they sold their shares, poor f*ckers.

Hello

swans on 16:55 - Oct 23 with 2004 viewst1000

Of course they sending it to dc . Even other people in media have noticed now . They compared us to other clubs spending and asked the question where has the money gone . It was before a TV game about a month ago . Thought we would be financially safe for decades after Prem league obvs not .
swans on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 1958 viewsjasper_T

swans on 16:55 - Oct 23 by t1000

Of course they sending it to dc . Even other people in media have noticed now . They compared us to other clubs spending and asked the question where has the money gone . It was before a TV game about a month ago . Thought we would be financially safe for decades after Prem league obvs not .

Since when have tv pundits had a clue about anything to do with us?
swans on 17:21 - Oct 23 with 1946 viewst1000

swans on 17:17 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

Since when have tv pundits had a clue about anything to do with us?

They have more of an idea than half the people on here id say
swans on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 1937 viewswaynekerr55

swans on 22:15 - Oct 22 by cmajack

And to think fans are accused of "attacking the club" for having the temerity to question why the main protagonist who spunked a kings ransom on dross. Nobody in their right mind could say that he wasn't great for us but he's a busted flush now.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

swans on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 1924 viewsjasper_T

swans on 17:21 - Oct 23 by t1000

They have more of an idea than half the people on here id say

If someone on TV said they thought we would be financially secure for decades after relegation then they're a fcking idiot. Anyone with a basic knowledge of the economic differences between the Premier League and the Championship could tell you that.
swans on 18:27 - Oct 23 with 1865 viewst1000

swans on 17:31 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

If someone on TV said they thought we would be financially secure for decades after relegation then they're a fcking idiot. Anyone with a basic knowledge of the economic differences between the Premier League and the Championship could tell you that.

There a difference between having money and going in to administration . Last season swans in prem league it’s been few months but now we have no money . Mr blobby could tell u that
swans on 18:49 - Oct 23 with 1827 viewsjasper_T

swans on 18:27 - Oct 23 by t1000

There a difference between having money and going in to administration . Last season swans in prem league it’s been few months but now we have no money . Mr blobby could tell u that

We're not going into admin. It's not the case that we "have no money". There is no massive existing debt that needs servicing. We've sold players because our hundred million a year wage bill needed cutting to fit the division we're now in, where the average wage spend is £20-30m.

We could have banked 20% of our turnover every Prem season and still would have had to cut costs massively (unless we were gambling on an instant return. Let's see how that works out for Stoke). You don't have to invent conspiracies where money is being stolen, the maths are pretty simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024