Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer. Celina. Fulton. 22:19 - Oct 23 with 2863 viewsDr_Winston

That is our best midfield three and they should play together whenever possible. Any other permutation makes us weaker. Time for GP to settle on that at least.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:21 - Oct 23 with 2374 viewsThrasher6

I think he will start to settle on a fairly regular team....lets not forget he needs to see everyone...that takes time, and we aint done too bad doing this...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:25 - Oct 23 with 2322 viewsangryjack

What?like Saturday you mean when they got murdered Fulton did ok tonight but not good or consistent enough
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:28 - Oct 23 with 2279 viewsJonTheJack

No. People have to stop excusing him for this. Even if he was sizing everyone up, you would still start to see sections of a team coming together. We do not have this, and we normally fall into what should have started the match during the second half when we're chasing the game.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:31 - Oct 23 with 2255 viewsDr_Winston

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:28 - Oct 23 by JonTheJack

No. People have to stop excusing him for this. Even if he was sizing everyone up, you would still start to see sections of a team coming together. We do not have this, and we normally fall into what should have started the match during the second half when we're chasing the game.

This.

We seem to be in a permanent state of pre-season. It's hard for players to find consistency when so many things are chopping and changing. The idea of keeping everyone involved (if their faces fit) is admirable, but when we struggle it's hard to avoid concluding that the lack of a settled side is a major cause.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:33 - Oct 23 with 2222 viewsmagicdaps10

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:31 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

This.

We seem to be in a permanent state of pre-season. It's hard for players to find consistency when so many things are chopping and changing. The idea of keeping everyone involved (if their faces fit) is admirable, but when we struggle it's hard to avoid concluding that the lack of a settled side is a major cause.

Bang on the money that post.

He knows his best 11 and stick with it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:34 - Oct 23 with 2204 viewspencoedjack

Just never play Naughton & Carroll together in midfield

In fact get rid of Carroll said it for years a truly awful football player
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:36 - Oct 23 with 2167 views34dfgdf54

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:34 - Oct 23 by pencoedjack

Just never play Naughton & Carroll together in midfield

In fact get rid of Carroll said it for years a truly awful football player

Not a bad option off the bench in certain games, but should never start.

I know you disagree Penc, and you are one of the very few on here knows what they are talking about, but Grimes for me at left back instead of Ollson at home. Much better in possession, and keeps us ticking over. Lads playing well back there.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:38 - Oct 23 with 2144 viewsoldcob

Our build up is too slow with Tom Carroll in it. By the time he gets the ball turns around and passes back the opposition defence is set. Our build up is much quicker with out him. Having said that he's ideal when we are trying to close a game out and hanging on to a lead.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:39 - Oct 23 with 2106 viewsDippy

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:31 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

This.

Yep.. that first half was a car crash.. disjointed and lacking bite and tackle..

Poll: Cooper Out

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:40 - Oct 23 with 2121 viewspencoedjack

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:36 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

Not a bad option off the bench in certain games, but should never start.

I know you disagree Penc, and you are one of the very few on here knows what they are talking about, but Grimes for me at left back instead of Ollson at home. Much better in possession, and keeps us ticking over. Lads playing well back there.

I’m a big Ollson fan but Grimes has been very impressive playing at full back.

Is that your Risca Jacks flag in the NE upper?
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:45 - Oct 23 with 2056 views34dfgdf54

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:40 - Oct 23 by pencoedjack

I’m a big Ollson fan but Grimes has been very impressive playing at full back.

Is that your Risca Jacks flag in the NE upper?

No it’s not mine, I don’t know the people but I know their nephew, whose a big Cardiff fan believe it or not.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:57 - Oct 23 with 1981 viewsUxbridge

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:33 - Oct 23 by magicdaps10

Bang on the money that post.

He knows his best 11 and stick with it.

I don't think it's that. I think some of it is playing to counter the opposition.

I wouldn't bother as much. That 11 for the second half, give or take a couple, will do well in this league.

Saying that. I think some of the criticism is barmy. We have a unbalanced squad loaded with talented but raw kids. Consistency is never on the agenda here. On any objective level, Potter has done very well.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:01 - Oct 23 with 1942 viewsdobjack2

We are having to rely on Fer’s fitness and not burn Fulton out in the meantime. This league needs a solid midfield base to allow the likes of Celina, James, Roberts, Montero etc.to cause problems further forward.

We are short in the engine room which is why I think Potter wanted to strengthen it in the last window.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:01 - Oct 23 with 1940 viewsItchySphincter

Jay Fulton is the one player who has stepped up a level this season, massive improvement from him and the team is a better one with him in it. Agree with every word of the OP and would add that if Dan James plays it has to be on the left.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:51 - Oct 23 with 1801 viewsnantywatcher

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:25 - Oct 23 by angryjack

What?like Saturday you mean when they got murdered Fulton did ok tonight but not good or consistent enough

I knew somewhere on this site there would be more garbage from you about Fulton. He transformed the game for us, one of the brightest football brains in our squad, plenty of steel in midfield to unsettle the opposition, great vision. You are immersed in your bigotry if you thought he was anything other than superb tonight.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 1787 viewsjasper_T

Fulton's had a real mixed bag of a season.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:56 - Oct 23 with 1779 viewskarnataka

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:01 - Oct 23 by ItchySphincter

Jay Fulton is the one player who has stepped up a level this season, massive improvement from him and the team is a better one with him in it. Agree with every word of the OP and would add that if Dan James plays it has to be on the left.

I don't agree Fulton is the one player who has stepped up. Grimes has got better with every game imo and is arguably the most improved. His introduction at Villa was a significant factor in us getting control of the game for the last 10-15 minutes leading to us creating several decent scoring opportunities.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 00:15 - Oct 24 with 1735 viewsJJJack

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 22:57 - Oct 23 by Uxbridge

I don't think it's that. I think some of it is playing to counter the opposition.

I wouldn't bother as much. That 11 for the second half, give or take a couple, will do well in this league.

Saying that. I think some of the criticism is barmy. We have a unbalanced squad loaded with talented but raw kids. Consistency is never on the agenda here. On any objective level, Potter has done very well.

You've pretty much nailed it here. That plus fitness issues & inconsistent performances have left him little option other than to experiment.

There are 32 games still to play - almost an entire season's worth of games in the Prem. We are just 6 points off the top and the Top 2 had poor home draws tonight against struggling sides. I'm still giving him the benefit of doubt that there's plenty of time for him to "know his best XI" and play it regularly. He's also got only 1 CF worthy of the name and even he is bang out of form at present. Unbalanced (yet admittedly talented) squad.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 06:28 - Oct 24 with 1580 viewsDr_Winston

To give Potter some benefit of the doubt in the interests of balance, I guess it also depends on what his remit for the season is.

If neither he or the club are pushing to bounce straight back to the Prem then giving all the players in his squad the chance to gain experience and develop ahead of a more focused campaign next year makes some sense. Targeting long term gains over short term pain. Not sure why anyone wouldn't look to head straight back up out of a division so poor mind but it's a possibility.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 07:15 - Oct 24 with 1500 viewsItchySphincter

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 23:56 - Oct 23 by karnataka

I don't agree Fulton is the one player who has stepped up. Grimes has got better with every game imo and is arguably the most improved. His introduction at Villa was a significant factor in us getting control of the game for the last 10-15 minutes leading to us creating several decent scoring opportunities.

I bet your pardon, Matthew Grimes has been a revelation, although he has been a little quiet the last couple of games.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 07:50 - Oct 24 with 1433 viewsWarwickHunt

We don’t have anyone else remotely capable of effectively playing the Fer and Celina roles. Get decent cover for these two in January and a play-off place is a possibility. Fer has never been a 90 minute man anyway.

Sort our striking options out and the possibility becomes a probability.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 08:50 - Oct 24 with 1349 viewsAl_Bundy

Fer is key to our season, we need as many games as possible out of him. Fulton is steady if not spectacular. For whatever reason Carroll has very limiting ability for this league, his obsession with passing backwards and lack of desire to tackle does us no favours.
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 08:59 - Oct 24 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 08:50 - Oct 24 by Al_Bundy

Fer is key to our season, we need as many games as possible out of him. Fulton is steady if not spectacular. For whatever reason Carroll has very limiting ability for this league, his obsession with passing backwards and lack of desire to tackle does us no favours.

Fulton has looked surprisingly good going forward this season. Didn't think he had it in him to be more than a steady Eddie DM.

For me it's just that the three players complement each other so well. Fer does things that no other player we have can do. His passing is generally quick, incisive and attacking. he's also prepared to run with the ball and drive play forward. Yes, he is capable of having the odd stinker but the pros outweigh the cons massively.

Fulton adds a bit more physicality to proceedings and has shown pretty decent awareness of when to move forward and when to sit deeper to cover when Leroy goes off on one. Effectively he gives the other two room to make things happen.

As for Celina, he always looks happier when he's in the middle and he's got some help behind him. Playing out wide or living off the scraps he otherwise gets from midfield he seems to try and do too much. With a bit of support and someone to play off he looks five times the player.

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 13:23 - Oct 24 with 1167 viewsTaliesin

I am yet to be convinced by Celina. The boy has talent but he seems wasteful in possession although I accept he sometimes makes things happen
Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 13:28 - Oct 24 with 1152 viewstrampie

Fer. Celina. Fulton. on 13:23 - Oct 24 by Taliesin

I am yet to be convinced by Celina. The boy has talent but he seems wasteful in possession although I accept he sometimes makes things happen

He is a playmaker, sometimes things come off sometimes they don't for such players, unless he is totally off form or carrying a knock he needs to play to make things happen in the attacking third.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024