Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farewell glory days.. 23:08 - Oct 23 with 2831 viewsomarjack

I guess we should all be happy for the win, Especially after being a goal behind at half time.

But I can't help but reminiscing of the days when we've fought like warriors to pick up points against the big clubs in the biggest league in the world. The emotional rush, the prestige, the pride I took when the name of our city's club was "The Boogeyman" for the elite clubs.

Beating Valencia at the Mestalla.

F*cking up Arsenal..how many times exactly?

Siggy giving up hope despite being in the sh!t at Christmas.

Michu..That man was a revelation.

Look at our state now. Drifting towards irrelevance. Being happy with scoring against pitiful competition.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Farewell glory days.. on 23:09 - Oct 23 with 2355 viewsWandererJack

Give over you fairy.
Farewell glory days.. on 23:09 - Oct 23 with 2342 viewsJackfath

You'd swear we'd lost.
You'd swear we were no where near the play off positions in the league table.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Farewell glory days.. on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 2329 viewsraynor94

What a pathetic post, let's all just call it a day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Farewell glory days.. on 23:25 - Oct 23 with 2243 viewsThrasher6

Farewell glory days.. on 23:11 - Oct 23 by raynor94

This

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Farewell glory days.. on 23:27 - Oct 23 with 2229 viewsBadlands

We didn't fight like warriors we played exceptionally good, patient, passing football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Farewell glory days.. on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 2155 views34dfgdf54

Omar how long have you supported the Swans?

Genuine question, and if it’s not long you won’t have no stick off me, but if watching us against the likes of teams you mentioned is all you class as being “relevant” then maybe picking the Swans as your team to support was a bad choice.

I always remember in one of my first away games when I was a kid, can’t remember who against but it was a shambles, being on the bus on the way home gutted and some random lad from Glynneath tapped me on the shoulder and said “you gotta take the bad times to enjoy the good times kid”. Hewas spot on

I loved that win today just as much as I loved any win in the Premier League.
Farewell glory days.. on 00:00 - Oct 24 with 2131 viewsairedale

Farewell glory days.. on 23:27 - Oct 23 by Badlands

We didn't fight like warriors we played exceptionally good, patient, passing football.

I thought that Blackburn played quite well too. Well organised and orderly.
Farewell glory days.. on 00:08 - Oct 24 with 2110 viewsJJJack

Farewell glory days.. on 00:00 - Oct 24 by airedale

I thought that Blackburn played quite well too. Well organised and orderly.

They did indeed. They've lost just 4 games out of 48!! That gives a team massive confidence - much like we had when we won League 1 and then made a great start to the Championship in 2008/09.

Genuine question to the OP - did you enjoy us mainly playing like complete lemons for the last 3 seasons?! WE were shocking & gutless most of the last 3 seasons in the Prem.
Login to get fewer ads

Farewell glory days.. on 01:15 - Oct 24 with 2033 viewsPozuelosSideys

I dont see what was not to like about that second half. Facking hell. Some quality goals too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Farewell glory days.. on 04:09 - Oct 24 with 1972 viewsjackrmee

Farewell glory days.. on 23:11 - Oct 23 by raynor94

Terrible op

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Farewell glory days.. on 06:55 - Oct 24 with 1797 viewsAnotherJohn

Very good second half last night and there is the chance to get back up the league if our owners start to show a bit of ambition. On the other hand I don't disparage the time we spent in the EPL. This wasn't just about our performances - although the great escape when Sigurdsson and Llorente came good was riveting entertainment, even if bad for the BP - but about seeing top level players. We saw some class goals scored against us that will also stick in the memory, and I miss that quality on the field. Looking on the TV at some recent performances by Liverpool, Arsenal et cetera, I still find it pretty amazing that we not only competed with those teams, but had our share of good results. Last night was good, but not on that level. So yes, we still have a team and can go forward with hope, but my hope is most definitely to get back to the top level one day,
Farewell glory days.. on 07:12 - Oct 24 with 1758 viewsItchySphincter

Farewell glory days.. on 23:09 - Oct 23 by Jackfath

You'd swear we'd lost.

You’d swear Blackburn were banging around n the fourth division when we were winning Premier League titles with Kenny Daglish.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Farewell glory days.. on 07:53 - Oct 24 with 1672 viewsphact0rri

Perspective helps a little bit. its great to reminisce on those great days in europe and beating out the big clubs of england. But we also need to look at where we are right now, and what our club has been through the last several years. The take over has decimated our club, we lost most of the the talent that kept us competitive in the top flight, and now we've a squad almost completely comprised of our academy players. And yet were still fighting in this league. credit where credit is due. Our lads did us proud today.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Farewell glory days.. on 07:56 - Oct 24 with 1658 viewsLeonWasGod

Farewell glory days.. on 23:09 - Oct 23 by Jackfath

You'd swear we'd lost.

Let alone just seen us rip a club apart playing the good football everyone has been wanting for the last 4/5 years.

No pleasing some.
Farewell glory days.. on 10:02 - Oct 24 with 1493 viewsPrivate_Partz

You have had a bit of grief there mate but I agree with you.
Our fall from grace has been so effing needless. Not only did we make a real fist of it in the top flight we also fought like dogs to get there.
Only for an incompetent, money grabbing egotistical maniac to screw it all up.
I am supporting Harry and his young squad to the hilt but I now have a very different outlook on the club and it is bordering on shame.
Don't rule out a fire sale in January either. I would not put anything past the devious tw@ts in charge.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Farewell glory days.. on 10:12 - Oct 24 with 1475 viewsPrivate_Partz

Farewell glory days.. on 07:56 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

Let alone just seen us rip a club apart playing the good football everyone has been wanting for the last 4/5 years.

No pleasing some.

The club has been ripped apart because we got relegated. We did not play attractive football because we either appointed the wrong type of manager of failed to support those who wanted to utilise the passing game but had to play safety first.
Potter is one of a long list of Jenkins gambles, and indeed he does seem to have talent, so it may be one punt that is a sucess in a long line of failures. There is still consistencies though. We have failed to support this manager adequately as well. Don't rule out his legs being cut from under him in the January window either.
It's nice to see this young team giving their best under a talented manager .....but satisfied? Naaa, I am still very concerned about the future.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Farewell glory days.. on 10:29 - Oct 24 with 1432 viewsSkipTheJack

I wonder how people would cope if they saw us lose a league game 4-0 at home to Kidderminster Harriers. That was only 15 years ago......

We may be out of the Prem, but these are still very much the good days.
Farewell glory days.. on 10:35 - Oct 24 with 1410 viewssplJack

Attention seeking troll
Farewell glory days.. on 10:35 - Oct 24 with 1403 viewsLoyal

To get somewhere you have to go on a journey, OP you are reflecting the want it now culture so evident these days, sometimes you have to work to get somewhere. It doesn't all come in an instant. Last night was refreshing, I loved it. As did the nearly full stadium. Tiny steps.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Farewell glory days.. on 10:38 - Oct 24 with 1393 viewsPrivate_Partz

Farewell glory days.. on 10:29 - Oct 24 by SkipTheJack

I wonder how people would cope if they saw us lose a league game 4-0 at home to Kidderminster Harriers. That was only 15 years ago......

We may be out of the Prem, but these are still very much the good days.

I saw that game and I have no issues with a better side giving us a twonking. In fact I prefer that to matches like the Ipswich game where we create countless chances and failure to put the ball in the net and defensive errors are our undoing.
That is not the point here though. We are in the position we are in due to the actions of one self serving man. It was needless.
Btw I was also present in our collapse down through the leagues in the Toshack era. Don't rule out a repeat. The January window will be very telling.
These are far from good days in my book. We could easily repeat what happened under Struel.

Farewell glory days.. on 10:38 - Oct 24 with 1392 viewsomarjack

Farewell glory days.. on 10:35 - Oct 24 by Loyal

To get somewhere you have to go on a journey, OP you are reflecting the want it now culture so evident these days, sometimes you have to work to get somewhere. It doesn't all come in an instant. Last night was refreshing, I loved it. As did the nearly full stadium. Tiny steps.

True, But you know, the relegation is still fresh. I truly think we've had wonderful 7 seasons filled with pride, and yes, even at the harshest and most dull times. It was wonderful, I wish I had appreciated it more at the time. It went by too fast.

Farewell glory days.. on 10:40 - Oct 24 with 1385 viewssplJack

Farewell glory days.. on 10:38 - Oct 24 by omarjack

True, But you know, the relegation is still fresh. I truly think we've had wonderful 7 seasons filled with pride, and yes, even at the harshest and most dull times. It was wonderful, I wish I had appreciated it more at the time. It went by too fast.

Shut up you minge
Farewell glory days.. on 10:41 - Oct 24 with 1375 viewsLoyal

Farewell glory days.. on 10:38 - Oct 24 by omarjack

The best days are ahead of us, it was more than evident against villa and was proven last night.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Farewell glory days.. on 10:45 - Oct 24 with 1365 viewsomarjack

Farewell glory days.. on 10:40 - Oct 24 by splJack

Shut up you minge

Oh I'm sorry, do I know you dulltard?

Farewell glory days.. on 10:46 - Oct 24 with 1364 viewsPrivate_Partz

Farewell glory days.. on 10:35 - Oct 24 by Loyal

Well I can't speak for the OP but I don't see a 'want it now' culture in his post. It is just a sad reflection on our decline which I happen to share.
Had there not been the skullduggery going on,and had we tried to carry on with the Swansea Way unsucesfully, then there would have been little complaint from me.
Tiny steps indeed but don't forget the charlatans who put us in this mess are still in post. A kick in the boll@cks could easily follow a tiny step.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024