Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We could have scored a few more and.......... 14:19 - Oct 24 with 2007 viewsItchySphincter

......... if any of the boys would like to pass to me, that would be nice!"

Oliver McBurnie 24/10/18.

Well said socks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 14:32 - Oct 24 with 1655 viewsLeonWasGod

I thought he had a cracking game yesterday. Yes he failed to get near one cross and messed up the one he did get on the end of, but the other side of his game was excellent. Held the ball up well, brought players into the game and helped make space for the runners who did score. If he keeps doing that it doesn't really matter whether he scores or someone else does.
"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 1639 viewsItchySphincter

He works very hard. He’s not the only one who’s bemused by his colleagues lack of ability to get tha ball to him.

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 14:51 - Oct 24 with 1616 viewsCooperman

He can score at this level and I have no doubt about that.

I fear stating the obvious but it goes without saying that some of our formations work better than others and the second half of yesterday was as clear an example as anyone needs. Width in the form of a winger with pace is a proven advantage. Dan James can also cross a ball.

Feed McBurnie and he will convert.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 15:46 - Oct 24 with 1535 viewsPegojack

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 14:32 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

I thought he had a cracking game yesterday. Yes he failed to get near one cross and messed up the one he did get on the end of, but the other side of his game was excellent. Held the ball up well, brought players into the game and helped make space for the runners who did score. If he keeps doing that it doesn't really matter whether he scores or someone else does.

Spot on. I thought his positioning for crosses was poor and he ballsed up the two or three he did get on the end of.
However, he put in a fantastic shift for the whole 94 minutes and played the thankless targetman role very well. He also did well defensively when neccessary.
"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 1515 viewsraynor94

His positioning was poor against Ipswich, at least three times the ball flashed across the six yard box and he was back on his heels. But certainly can't fault his work rate

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 18:44 - Oct 24 with 1388 viewsDJack

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 14:44 - Oct 24 by ItchySphincter

He works very hard. He’s not the only one who’s bemused by his colleagues lack of ability to get tha ball to him.

Sorry mate but his positioning/timing was a bit off yesterday. A tireless worker who is often unselfish but he is still learning.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 18:51 - Oct 24 with 1362 viewsCatullus

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 15:52 - Oct 24 by raynor94

His positioning was poor against Ipswich, at least three times the ball flashed across the six yard box and he was back on his heels. But certainly can't fault his work rate

Yesterday I felt he was going on walkabout too much, looking for the ball. He was out wide or coming deep and we had no one through the middle to pass to,

Working hard is a good thing but so is positional discipline.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:04 - Oct 24 with 1330 viewsDr_Winston

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 18:51 - Oct 24 by Catullus

Yesterday I felt he was going on walkabout too much, looking for the ball. He was out wide or coming deep and we had no one through the middle to pass to,

Working hard is a good thing but so is positional discipline.

He certainly came looking for the ball a lot in the first half, but that's mostly because he had to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:06 - Oct 24 with 1325 viewsItchySphincter

Before Blackburn scored we had a couple of opportunities to get a cross in and elected instead to play off the shins of the fullback to 'win' a throw in. Throw in went all the way back to the keeper. If I was socks I be p!ssed off about that.

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:19 - Oct 24 with 1292 viewsDr_Winston

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:06 - Oct 24 by ItchySphincter

Before Blackburn scored we had a couple of opportunities to get a cross in and elected instead to play off the shins of the fullback to 'win' a throw in. Throw in went all the way back to the keeper. If I was socks I be p!ssed off about that.

More than a couple of occasions when we had a free kick that could have been put into the box and we chose to play it short and it was back in our own half within seconds.

Nothing wrong with trying the occasional set piece. It's when they're all you can do you have problems.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:24 - Oct 24 with 1271 viewsDippy

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:04 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

He certainly came looking for the ball a lot in the first half, but that's mostly because he had to.

He's always looking for it when Celina is played out left.. Potter should've spotted this already, Ollie is wasted without a support player. And Celina is more effective in the centre.. I don't know why he keeps changing it. It's worked in games we have won.

Poll: Cooper Out

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:40 - Oct 24 with 1240 viewsswan65split

Cant knock the lad, hes a trier, looks as if hes run his socks off, , plays some lovely lay offs and is improving all the time, keep it up no socks , it"ll work out soon
(No subject) on 19:47 - Oct 24 with 1217 viewsItchySphincter

He’s excellent fair play - proved he can play both as an outright CF or as an attackin MF this season. Unfortunately he had to come deep looking for the ball too often for a number 9 but it worked okay when Baker-Richardson was with him.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 19:48]

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 20:52 - Oct 24 with 1124 viewsPentyrchJack

He's got a bit of mad dog about him which I like too, gets fired up which shows his passion.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 21:02 - Oct 24 with 1097 viewsFlashberryjack

We need another striker...desperately

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 21:08 - Oct 24 with 1083 viewsjackrmee

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 19:04 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Or was told to.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

(No subject) on 21:26 - Oct 24 with 1047 viewsjackrmee

(No subject) on 19:47 - Oct 24 by ItchySphincter

He’s excellent fair play - proved he can play both as an outright CF or as an attackin MF this season. Unfortunately he had to come deep looking for the ball too often for a number 9 but it worked okay when Baker-Richardson was with him.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 19:48]

Some tit was saying he is shit last night...Can't remember what thread it was now, as there were so many negative ones by half time.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 21:35 - Oct 24 with 1031 viewsDr_Winston

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 21:08 - Oct 24 by jackrmee

Or was told to.

I would assume based on the stories of the half time bollocking they had off Potter, not to mention the two midfield subs at the start of the first half, that OMB having to come back to the halfway line to get the ball wasn't part of the plan.

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 23:11 - Oct 24 with 911 viewsBadlands

His job s to score goals ATM he can't.
It looks to me we hesitate in attack in order to try to find a pass to him but he's all over the place ... great f there is a strong CF to take away defender or create chances for knock downs.
He frustrates the hell out of me when he goes out to the touchline and has no one to aim at in the penalty area because he is the one who is supposed to be in the penalty area.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 08:09 - Oct 25 with 779 viewsItchySphincter

"We could have scored a few more and.......... on 23:11 - Oct 24 by Badlands

His job s to score goals ATM he can't.
It looks to me we hesitate in attack in order to try to find a pass to him but he's all over the place ... great f there is a strong CF to take away defender or create chances for knock downs.
He frustrates the hell out of me when he goes out to the touchline and has no one to aim at in the penalty area because he is the one who is supposed to be in the penalty area.

He comes out looking for it because we don’t put enough balls in to the box for him - it’s not as if we’re crossing it in and there’s no one there.

The only two players we have who are consistently willing to deliver a ball in are Dan James and Jeff, with Jeff’s preference being to take the defender all the way to the byline and cut back a dinked floater, perfect for the sock, whereas James appears to prefer the hard and low ball across the six yard box, which he did perfectly countless times against Ipswich but unfortunately went to waste. Both equally effective and the sort of thing any strikers live and breathe for.

He’s missed a few chances in the last few games, it happens, but we need to deliver more balls in to him, and make more chances not less.

(No subject) on 08:47 - Oct 25 with 735 viewsjackrmee

(No subject) on 21:26 - Oct 24 by jackrmee

Some tit was saying he is shit last night...Can't remember what thread it was now, as there were so many negative ones by half time.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes by _ 23 Oct 2018 20:26
Facking pathetic Potter

Omarjack - "Let's not forget that McBurnie (our only real CF) is garbage."

WTF?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 674 viewsJFSwan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024