Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 15:57 - Oct 24 with 13308 viewsSwanjaxs

Southampton and Villa preparing to make him an offer on January 1st, we haven't even made him an offer as of yet! itk

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Joe Rodon on 15:58 - Oct 24 with 5804 viewsjackal

Possible explanation why he didn't play last night.
Joe Rodon on 15:59 - Oct 24 with 5795 viewsCooperman

Are we compensated if he moves?

Genuine question, no idea how it works these days.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Joe Rodon on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 5775 viewsSwanjaxs

Joe Rodon on 15:59 - Oct 24 by Cooperman

Are we compensated if he moves?

Genuine question, no idea how it works these days.

Yes, we are due competition as we have brought him through the ranks, but would be a fraction of his worth

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Joe Rodon on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 5765 viewsLeonWasGod

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

If some of these aren't tied down soon, big conk deserves to be tarred and feathered (metaphorically)
Joe Rodon on 16:07 - Oct 24 with 5727 viewsjackal

Joe Rodon on 16:02 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

If some of these aren't tied down soon, big conk deserves to be tarred and feathered (metaphorically)

Do you really think it's down to Huw or is he doing what the puppet masters from across the pond dictate.

Get rid and bring on more kids.
Joe Rodon on 16:09 - Oct 24 with 5717 viewsjasper_T

I don't think domestic clubs can make an approach until his contract expires. Continental clubs can, though (at least that's how it works in Football Manager).

If Southampton and Villa approach him in January without agreeing a fee with us then they can be done for tapping up, as we hold his registration until the end of June.
Joe Rodon on 16:23 - Oct 24 with 5664 viewsLoyal

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

If this side is ripped apart in January and contracts not offered before then ..
Then Huw and co will most certainly be on the recieving end, and this time I'm sure will be the right time, just a shame the horse bolted two years ago.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joe Rodon on 16:23 - Oct 24 with 5664 viewshobo

Joe Rodon on 16:01 - Oct 24 by Swanjaxs

Yes, we are due competition as we have brought him through the ranks, but would be a fraction of his worth

No difference then seeing how much we normally sell players for
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 16:24 - Oct 24 with 5652 viewsjasper_T

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

Dan James isn't out of contract until the end of next season.
Joe Rodon on 16:29 - Oct 24 with 5627 viewsSwanjaxs

Joe Rodon on 16:09 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

I don't think domestic clubs can make an approach until his contract expires. Continental clubs can, though (at least that's how it works in Football Manager).

If Southampton and Villa approach him in January without agreeing a fee with us then they can be done for tapping up, as we hold his registration until the end of June.

The way i see it if a player hasn't signed a contract by December 31st he is free to negotiate terms with another club for the following season until the winter transfer window closes? Happy to be proved wrong though 👍

Joe Rodon on 16:30 - Oct 24 with 5622 viewsSwansea93

VDH, Olsson and Leroy will wait till end of the season I think if they don't agree a pre contract with a club abroad in January.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Joe Rodon on 16:36 - Oct 24 with 5584 viewsLeonWasGod

Joe Rodon on 16:07 - Oct 24 by jackal

Do you really think it's down to Huw or is he doing what the puppet masters from across the pond dictate.

Get rid and bring on more kids.

Very fair point that. Huw will get the grief, but yes I've no doubt that our majority owners are pulling the strings. I stand corrected. (although he should be putting the pressure on the yanks)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 16:43]
Joe Rodon on 16:36 - Oct 24 with 5583 viewsBluebird

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

You have some good young prospects on that list.
Why do you think the club are slow giving them contracts?
Joe Rodon on 16:39 - Oct 24 with 5569 viewsLeonWasGod

Joe Rodon on 16:36 - Oct 24 by Bluebird

You have some good young prospects on that list.
Why do you think the club are slow giving them contracts?

£££££

The Americans are minimising costs. We'd like to assume that know they'll make more money if we have players on long deals before we sell them, but that's possibly giving them more credit than they deserve.

Hopefully they are in discussions about new deals, as yep there are a few good ones there.
Joe Rodon on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 5539 viewsLeonWasGod

Joe Rodon on 16:24 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Dan James isn't out of contract until the end of next season.

Ok, I got those from transfermkt. That's one less to worry about (although I'd still give him an extension now - if an unwanted and un-used Dyer can get 4 yr extension, we should be doing more to keep the likes of Dan).

Joe, Connor, Mike and Grimes are absolute musts to tie down - they're the core of of the new team we're building. I can certainly see a few of the others wanting to wait it out to see if we get promoted, the likes of Fer. And then of course we want to get rid of a few off that list to get their wages of the book.
Joe Rodon on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 5538 viewsPegojack

Joe Rodon on 16:23 - Oct 24 by Loyal

If this side is ripped apart in January and contracts not offered before then ..
Then Huw and co will most certainly be on the recieving end, and this time I'm sure will be the right time, just a shame the horse bolted two years ago.

If that happens, this is one season ticket holder who won't be renewing.
Joe Rodon on 16:52 - Oct 24 with 5509 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 16:44 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

Ok, I got those from transfermkt. That's one less to worry about (although I'd still give him an extension now - if an unwanted and un-used Dyer can get 4 yr extension, we should be doing more to keep the likes of Dan).

Joe, Connor, Mike and Grimes are absolute musts to tie down - they're the core of of the new team we're building. I can certainly see a few of the others wanting to wait it out to see if we get promoted, the likes of Fer. And then of course we want to get rid of a few off that list to get their wages of the book.

Typical of Grimes to finally start justifying his £10k/week when it's due to expire.
Joe Rodon on 16:53 - Oct 24 with 5502 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joe Rodon on 16:44 - Oct 24 by Pegojack

If that happens, this is one season ticket holder who won't be renewing.

As I have said on another thread this is a real possibility. I would not trust Jenkins or the Yanks further than I could throw them.
It matters not a jot whether the decisions are his or not. If he is culpable he derserves all the brickbats he gets. If not he should walk and admit he has sold to a bunch of chancers.
I hope it is all bollo and we tie players down to contracts but I would not put my last fiver on it. If the worst happens then all the self satisfaction and optimism on here in relation to Potter and the team will be out the window with its ass on fire.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 17:00]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Joe Rodon on 16:55 - Oct 24 with 5490 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 16:29 - Oct 24 by Swanjaxs

The way i see it if a player hasn't signed a contract by December 31st he is free to negotiate terms with another club for the following season until the winter transfer window closes? Happy to be proved wrong though 👍

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-players-for

Players with less than 6 months remaining are free to negotiate with a new club for next season. But not with other domestic clubs (whether this is part of the original Bosman ruling or an English FA thing idk).

Connor and Joe could agree free transfers with Milan or Fenerbahce, but not Villa (until their contract actually does expire).
Joe Rodon on 17:24 - Oct 24 with 5389 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Joe Rodon on 16:55 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-players-for

Players with less than 6 months remaining are free to negotiate with a new club for next season. But not with other domestic clubs (whether this is part of the original Bosman ruling or an English FA thing idk).

Connor and Joe could agree free transfers with Milan or Fenerbahce, but not Villa (until their contract actually does expire).

It means little though. I'm sure clubs will find a way to make the player, their agent and their families know what sort of deal they can expect to be offered if they hold out until the Summer.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Joe Rodon on 17:31 - Oct 24 with 5346 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 17:24 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It means little though. I'm sure clubs will find a way to make the player, their agent and their families know what sort of deal they can expect to be offered if they hold out until the Summer.

Even if they had 4 year contracts it wouldn't matter if big clubs wanted to tap them up.
Joe Rodon on 17:33 - Oct 24 with 5329 viewsCooperman

Players out of contract:

Leroy
Bony
Olsson
Narsingh
Mike vdH
Connor
Routs
Grimes
Joe
Adam King
Dan James

My view on this list:

Leroy - unless we offer him drastically reduced terms which he then accepts then I expect him gone before next season.
Bony - as Leroy, may well be out on loan from January if he gets himself fit.
Olsson - as Leroy
Narsingh - as Leroy
VdH - may already be too late. His performances will have put him in the shop window and he'll be on the scouting list of various overseas clubs. They will be able to offer him a signing on fee that we won't be able to match.
Connor - get him signed up ASAP.
Routs - as Leroy.
Grimes - as Connor
Joe - as Connor
Adam King - haven't seen much of him so cannot comment.
Dan James - already signed through to 2020 but we should still look at tabling an extension.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Joe Rodon on 17:43 - Oct 24 with 5287 viewsLeonWasGod

Joe Rodon on 16:52 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Typical of Grimes to finally start justifying his £10k/week when it's due to expire.

I don’t think he’s had a chance to before (not good enough for the PL). We’ve had to drop down for some of these players to start to shine.
Joe Rodon on 18:00 - Oct 24 with 5207 viewsChief

Anyone considered that teams might bid to buy them in January? And bid a fraction of their value because their contract is ending (although the bid will still be higher then the compo at end of season)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joe Rodon on 18:35 - Oct 24 with 5124 viewsswanforthemoney

Connor is a stand out player. Really could see some Premier League clubs in dogged pursuit. He won’t be embarrassed in any team. Real talent, someone will prise him away.

I stand in the North Stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024