Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goat shooting in Scotland 19:01 - Oct 24 with 3906 viewsJackfath

Don't think we've done this on PS? What are your thoughts? Should it be allowed? Should it be made illegal?

I think the hunters should be hunted and the animals left alone. I'm happy to hear other viewpoints though and I won't swear at you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45967845

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goat shooting in Scotland on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 1415 viewsAnotherJohn

I wonder what people think about deer culling, which happens much closer to home. More generally I have always thought that if one eats meat or fish one can hardly condemn those who get their own. When i was young I took a good few rabbits and the odd pigeon, but always for the pot. What I am less comfortable with is killing wild life for no good reason.
Goat shooting in Scotland on 13:05 - Oct 25 with 1375 viewsE20Jack

Goat shooting in Scotland on 10:02 - Oct 25 by AnotherJohn

I wonder what people think about deer culling, which happens much closer to home. More generally I have always thought that if one eats meat or fish one can hardly condemn those who get their own. When i was young I took a good few rabbits and the odd pigeon, but always for the pot. What I am less comfortable with is killing wild life for no good reason.

I highly doubt you needed to eat those animals though? Which means you did it purely for pleasure.

Killing for pleasure is killing for pleasure regardless of what pleasure. Whether it is pleasure of the tongue or sensory pleasure of the kill itself makes little to no difference what so ever. Both utterly needless and inflict extreme violence on a living, sentient being for no real reason.

I don’t see how anybody who contributes to the horrific meat industry can ever have a go at trophy hunting. It’s like Theresa May criticising someone’s fashion sense.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 13:11]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Goat shooting in Scotland on 13:54 - Oct 25 with 1359 viewsMo_Wives

Goat shooting in Scotland on 20:17 - Oct 24 by trampie

The Welsh regiments goat could not be reached to make comment as he is apparently in hiding for his own safety.

Think how the sheep he replaced felt. He's still in therapy pointing out parts on a doll.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Goat shooting in Scotland on 15:31 - Oct 25 with 1327 viewsAnotherJohn

Goat shooting in Scotland on 13:05 - Oct 25 by E20Jack

I highly doubt you needed to eat those animals though? Which means you did it purely for pleasure.

Killing for pleasure is killing for pleasure regardless of what pleasure. Whether it is pleasure of the tongue or sensory pleasure of the kill itself makes little to no difference what so ever. Both utterly needless and inflict extreme violence on a living, sentient being for no real reason.

I don’t see how anybody who contributes to the horrific meat industry can ever have a go at trophy hunting. It’s like Theresa May criticising someone’s fashion sense.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 13:11]

Surely that argument is only sustainable if you are a vegetarian. There is nothing morally superior in eating a steak while condemning the slaughter man. It is the unwillingness of some meat eaters to face up to the fact that this involves killing animals that sidesteps the big moral questions. I suppose you will be arguing next that carnivorous animals kill their prey only for pleasure when this is quite unnecessary.
Goat shooting in Scotland on 18:17 - Oct 25 with 1302 viewsperplex

Just can not grasp the buzz these saddo,s get in killing a totally defensless animal in the name of sport or trophy hunting were is the challenge in doing that as for this woman and her partner if there were no witnesses and not a chance I would be caught I would be more than happy to beat the living daylights out of the two of them even tho one of the scumbags is a woman.
Goat shooting in Scotland on 21:30 - Oct 25 with 1265 viewsE20Jack

Goat shooting in Scotland on 15:31 - Oct 25 by AnotherJohn

Surely that argument is only sustainable if you are a vegetarian. There is nothing morally superior in eating a steak while condemning the slaughter man. It is the unwillingness of some meat eaters to face up to the fact that this involves killing animals that sidesteps the big moral questions. I suppose you will be arguing next that carnivorous animals kill their prey only for pleasure when this is quite unnecessary.

I’m vegan.

Carnivorous animals don’t have a choice. We do though. You can not only survive but thrive on a plant based diet yet you choose not to simply due to pleasure. 9 of the top 10 dietary diseases will be made extinct overnight if the world chose a non animal based diet - yet choose not to for pleasure, despite the health impact.

There really is no difference between violently taking a beautiful living beings life for fun, and doing it to eat it’s body when you don’t have to, but because it gives you pleasure to eat.

I liken it to me going over your house to babysit your child as you were out in the cinema, you called and said would I mind staying the night as you and your wife are going to get a hotel as it’s late. You come back the next morning and I have cut your dog’s head off and eaten him. My response to your obvious horror is “I was hungry”, yet the house is full of potatoes, rice, beans, cereal, fruit, vegetables, pasta. Wouldn’t make sense would it?

The ordeal that animal suffered would live with you for a long time. The meat industry does that to 10 billion land animals a year. 10 billion. The majority factory farmer and killed horrifically, not that there is a humane way to take away the life of something that wants to live of course. Each one of those is utterly needless.

No difference between that and sport, both needless.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 22:11]

Goat shooting in Scotland on 09:01 - Oct 28 with 1164 viewstheloneranger

"The Deer Hunter". ...!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Goat shooting in Scotland on 11:13 - Oct 28 with 1146 viewsJosey_Wales37

Hate the types who think of hunting as 'fun' or 'sport'. The Bell end who did this has been killing tonnes different species.
Login to get fewer ads

Goat shooting in Scotland on 16:11 - Oct 28 with 1110 viewsLohengrin

Goat shooting in Scotland on 11:13 - Oct 28 by Josey_Wales37

Hate the types who think of hunting as 'fun' or 'sport'. The Bell end who did this has been killing tonnes different species.

That would encompass a fairly large percentage of Welsh folk outside of the urban conurbations, Josey. If you want to sell your idea of independence you can’t go around hating everybody except your wife, your auntie Mary, your mate at the MOT Centre and Trampie.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 14:44]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Goat shooting in Scotland on 15:41 - Oct 29 with 1054 viewsWarwickHunt

Goat shooting in Scotland on 21:48 - Oct 24 by Flashberryjack

I love a goat curry.

Irie.
Goat shooting in Scotland on 22:32 - Oct 29 with 1010 viewsE20Jack

Goat shooting in Scotland on 11:13 - Oct 28 by Josey_Wales37

As no doubt much of the world contributes to daily. But just pays someone else to do it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024