Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread 16:42 - Oct 25 with 16900 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 27 with 2346 viewsleighton1318

I do like our ‘goals against’ stat. Second best in the division ... keep that up and we will do very well. #cleansheetCity
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 27 with 2297 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

I agree with Leon - Dan James was MOTM.

Sorry TFT &Leon but your way off today, there was a player on the pitch today who was head and shoulders above everyone else.Class.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 27 with 2258 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 27 by krunchykarrot

Sorry TFT &Leon but your way off today, there was a player on the pitch today who was head and shoulders above everyone else.Class.

Celina presumably? He’s got lovely touch and vision; the lad could go far. But you could equally be talking about VdH. Joe was very good too. Grimes had a good game. Ollie will probably pick up the official award.

Nice to have choices 👍
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 27 with 2258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 27 by krunchykarrot

Celina ? Grimes probably MOM with a CDM performance of real promise. Let's give him a nice run of games to cement that berth and make it his own

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 27 with 2255 viewsTummer_from_Texas

VDH? He was excellent too, but James got the better of a very good, very pacy FB (Yiadom) all day. Earned the penalty off Yiadom and set up Oli for the 2nd goal.

Wales Online agrees: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-player-r

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 27 with 2226 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 27 by sainthelens

Well done lads great win.
Now having given Villa too much respect we've now 2 consecutive winnable away games. Let's see a bit of intent away and FFS Potts go for it.

Has the penny dropped? No 45 minute start for the opposition and no wasted subs. The only player that looked out of sorts was Fer bizarrely. Nordfeld back on form and a very good team performance.

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Oct 27 with 2218 viewsAnotherJohn

Satisfactory performance, albeit with room for improvement.

Positives:

Dan James and Cetina looked very dangerous going forward at times
Oli's scoring drought ended
Grimes did well in midfield
Lots of kids in the crowd today, which will pay dividends in the future

Negatives

If Potter wants Nordfeldt in the team because he is good with the ball at his feet (as the Sky commentator said on Tuesday) then he should have gone to Specsavers.
Still missing too many chances
Almost self-destructed with period of lethargy in second half

I don't know why but there seemed less traffic than usual today driving away from the Landore area.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:51 - Oct 27 with 2196 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 27 by LeonWasGod

Celina presumably? He’s got lovely touch and vision; the lad could go far. But you could equally be talking about VdH. Joe was very good too. Grimes had a good game. Ollie will probably pick up the official award.

Nice to have choices 👍

Sorry lads i thought it was obvious Celina was outstanding.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 27 with 2152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:51 - Oct 27 by krunchykarrot

He's got tremendous skill and vision. The best bit of business the club has done post Michu

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:00 - Oct 27 with 2122 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 16:37 - Oct 27 by SC_Swan

Time wasting. It was deserved.

It looked more like Reading shut down our options. He wanted to go short, that was shut down. Went to go wide, those players were closed down. So he rest to go long and got the card.

Took ages, so no complaints, but I’m not sure it was obvious time wasting. Fab used to get away with much worse/more obvious..
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:01 - Oct 27 with 2119 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:00 - Oct 27 by LeonWasGod

It looked more like Reading shut down our options. He wanted to go short, that was shut down. Went to go wide, those players were closed down. So he rest to go long and got the card.

Took ages, so no complaints, but I’m not sure it was obvious time wasting. Fab used to get away with much worse/more obvious..

Was no worse than their keeper in the first half, who got away with it.

Shit consistency from the ref.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:11 - Oct 27 with 2055 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:00 - Oct 27 by LeonWasGod

I agree pushed their left back forward exposing us down flank for 20mins, Fer came on for Fulton who was unwell i think as he was struggling. How Ref can allow their keeper first half to take so much time then book our gk winds me up.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:22 - Oct 27 with 1981 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:51 - Oct 27 by krunchykarrot

He was. Sheer class. Seems to always find space and his touch is wonderful.

Lots of great performances today. I thought Mike was a rock. That covering tackle from Joe was top, top class too.

It’s been a good week.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 1863 viewsairedale

I thought you meant the Reading number 38 Liam Kelly.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:56 - Oct 27 with 1854 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Oct 27 by airedale

I thought you meant the Reading number 38 Liam Kelly.

He was good along with their no. 9

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:56 - Oct 27 with 1850 viewszedlep

Love it that there is such an argument about who (out of several) was man (should that be gender non-specific?) of the match. Yay YJBs!!

Zedzdead

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 19:00 - Oct 27 with 1822 viewsthornabyswan

Yes played really well just lacks that little bit of composure when it comes to shooting.
A very good prospect though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 19:30 - Oct 27 with 1740 viewsgiantstoneater

I thought we were really sloppy in the second half and it was a good job that VDH and Joe were up to the task our midfield seemed very dis-jointed when Fulton went off. Fer was a bit lazy a couple of times I hope he's not slipping back into bad habits. Roberts and James both ran themselves i to the ground and Ollie rewarded for his hard work with a brace. Creatively Celina is doing well but needs to up his work rate at times. Back to back wins but I think we can do better and need to be more clinical in front of goal.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 1699 viewsmonmouth

Yes, we dropped off a bit, but I am so encouraged by what we are doing. I am so proud of my team again. We look a class above all these bog championship teams, and if we start taking our chances we will mangle teams. We should have wiped them out we were so much better. What with that and Ipswich we should have scored 11 over the two games.

So proud that we are doing it with bravery and classy football. I’m convinced we can top 75=80 points in this league with a following wind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 20:48 - Oct 27 with 1523 viewslegoman

Anyone know when the full match video will be available? Couldn't get an illegal stream today. It's outrageous.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 21:10 - Oct 27 with 1466 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 20:48 - Oct 27 by legoman

Anyone know when the full match video will be available? Couldn't get an illegal stream today. It's outrageous.

Usually up around lunchtime on Sunday. When they bother.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 27 with 1396 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 18:56 - Oct 27 by Brynmill_Jack

He was good along with their no. 9

Kelly would suit us imo.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 23:25 - Oct 27 with 1265 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 23:43 - Oct 27 with 1228 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Oct 27 by AnotherJohn

Satisfactory performance, albeit with room for improvement.

Positives:

Dan James and Cetina looked very dangerous going forward at times
Oli's scoring drought ended
Grimes did well in midfield
Lots of kids in the crowd today, which will pay dividends in the future

Negatives

If Potter wants Nordfeldt in the team because he is good with the ball at his feet (as the Sky commentator said on Tuesday) then he should have gone to Specsavers.
Still missing too many chances
Almost self-destructed with period of lethargy in second half

I don't know why but there seemed less traffic than usual today driving away from the Landore area.

I would concur about less traffic. We got away much quicker than usual.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 00:11 - Oct 28 with 1205 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Reading FC Match Thread on 23:25 - Oct 27 by jasper_T

Captions sought?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024