Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baking Potatoes 19:36 - Oct 25 with 1244 viewsSwanzay

Im guessing it must have been a bad harvest this year, but they have dramatically reduced in size in recent weeks, both at Asda and Aldi that I have noticed, hardly worth buying them,
Baking Potatoes on 19:39 - Oct 25 with 1242 viewsJackfath

Counter this difficulty by eating two.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Baking Potatoes on 19:42 - Oct 25 with 1239 viewsSwanzay

They haven't reduced in price though...
Baking Potatoes on 19:50 - Oct 25 with 1222 viewsCooperman

Baking Potatoes on 19:42 - Oct 25 by Swanzay

They haven't reduced in price though...

Are they sold by price per item then or by weight?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Baking Potatoes on 20:04 - Oct 25 with 1198 viewsSwanzay

My observation comes from a 4 pack of jacket potatoes in both Aldi and Asda.
Baking Potatoes on 20:15 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewsCooperman

I agree with your point, this must have been climate related.

I like a good jacket spud and my favourite topping is prawn and thousand island.

Baking Potatoes on 20:16 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewsbuilthjack

Coat them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, and whack them in the oven.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Baking Potatoes on 20:20 - Oct 25 with 1168 viewsCooperman

Baking Potatoes on 20:16 - Oct 25 by builthjack

Coat them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, and whack them in the oven.

I normally proceed that with a few minutes in the microwave.

Baking Potatoes on 20:27 - Oct 25 with 1153 viewsswan65split

Same as onions.........know your onions I say
Login to get fewer ads

Baking Potatoes on 20:29 - Oct 25 with 1148 viewsJackfath

I'm wondering how big the OPs hands are. If he's got a hand like Jeremy Beadle the potatoes would seem large. However he could have hands like Robert Pershing Wadlow and the spuds would look like conkers in his palm.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Baking Potatoes on 20:32 - Oct 25 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

And the winner of most mundane thread of 2018 goes to...

Poll: Tory leader

Baking Potatoes on 20:32 - Oct 25 with 1144 viewsWingstandwood

I does a simple trick to avoid an overly dry jacket potato and to get a more enjoyable meal . Once cooked I get a folk and puncture loads holes of in it and spread a thin layer (out of the fridge for a while) of soft butter, Flora etc on top of the holes. I leave it for a short while to let the Butter, Flora etc melt and sink into the potato. Then I sprinkle salt on top, delicious!

Argus!

Baking Potatoes on 20:33 - Oct 25 with 1144 viewsBrynCartwright

I only had about 4 decent sized examples in my King Edward haul this year, out of about 150. The really dry start to the summer may be the reason.

I like mine with some fried onions and mushrooms, baked beans and loads of grated Cheddar.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Baking Potatoes on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 1133 viewsPhil_S

Baking Potatoes on 20:32 - Oct 25 by exiledclaseboy

And the winner of most mundane thread of 2018 goes to...

Dimi?
Baking Potatoes on 21:20 - Oct 25 with 1096 viewsSwanzay

Baking Potatoes on 20:29 - Oct 25 by Jackfath

I'm wondering how big the OPs hands are. If he's got a hand like Jeremy Beadle the potatoes would seem large. However he could have hands like Robert Pershing Wadlow and the spuds would look like conkers in his palm.

Next time you pop to Asda Gorseinon I would welcome your observations on this matter.
I like a nice decent jacket potato with butter and cheese etc, hence my concern.
Baking Potatoes on 21:45 - Oct 25 with 1063 viewsCatullus

I got two massive potatos from Lidl, got them home to find they wouldn't fit in the oven. Then my wife asked me why I'd bought such small pumpkins and when were we going to carve them.

I'm walking to Specsavers tomorrow.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Baking Potatoes on 10:04 - Oct 26 with 928 viewsjackrmee

Between the baking potato conspiracy and people turning in, or low and behold, walking across driveways, I can see Swansea is fast becoming a nightmare to endure.
I'm so happy I'm the other side of Lougher bridge. My heart goes out to you guys though, it really does. Maybe the trust can do some sort of fundraiser?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Baking Potatoes on 16:17 - Oct 26 with 861 viewsDyfnant

Baking Potatoes on 10:04 - Oct 26 by jackrmee

Between the baking potato conspiracy and people turning in, or low and behold, walking across driveways, I can see Swansea is fast becoming a nightmare to endure.
I'm so happy I'm the other side of Lougher bridge. My heart goes out to you guys though, it really does. Maybe the trust can do some sort of fundraiser?

Bombing the bridge would be a start but wouldn’t solve all the problems

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Baking Potatoes on 16:46 - Oct 26 with 850 viewsHighjack

Baking Potatoes on 20:33 - Oct 25 by BrynCartwright

I only had about 4 decent sized examples in my King Edward haul this year, out of about 150. The really dry start to the summer may be the reason.

I like mine with some fried onions and mushrooms, baked beans and loads of grated Cheddar.

Really cold dry winter followed by hot dry summer has led to shortages in certain produce that could last months.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Baking Potatoes on 18:40 - Oct 26 with 803 viewsLeonWasGod

My father in-law grow spuds. He’s had a great crop, we’ve had thousands of the things and some whoppers too. Skins aren’t the best this year though.

True story that.
Baking Potatoes on 20:14 - Oct 26 with 771 viewsslate_dk

The warm summer has given us smaller spuds but longer carrots… yes still talking about vegetables
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024