Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC4- Queen 21:08 - Oct 26 with 4046 viewsjack2jack

Only for those interested, might be worth a bulb👍
BBC4- Queen on 19:24 - Oct 29 with 1034 viewsItchySphincter

I probably will watch it, I like films.

I like some Queen songs, just not many.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BBC4- Queen on 22:36 - Oct 29 with 1000 viewsE20Jack

BBC4- Queen on 19:14 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

I suppose it is if you have anything approaching a soft spot for Queen. You don’t, I don’t think, so I’d imagine it’s not for you. Many people do though, some to a greater extent than others. I’ve yet to meet anyone who’s seen it who didn’t enjoy it. The wife loved it and she’s no particular Queen fan. But up there with the cinematic greats it isn’t, and I’m not pretending it is.

He’s trolling again. Become a parody of himself now, he’s venturing from his safe zone thread.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

BBC4- Queen on 10:42 - Oct 31 with 920 viewsE20Jack

BBC4- Queen on 18:57 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Well I isn’t going to trouble the Oscars committee but I doubt it was ever intended to. It’s not a “critics”’ film.

There is certainly some “Oscar buzz” as they call it around Malek’s performance.

The showing I went to see had the cinema laughing, crying and many staying right to the end of the credits to hear Freddie play them out. On that basis I wouldn’t rule it out.

Sacha Baron Cohen was originally cast as Mercury and also co-writer and he wanted a far darker movie with focus on the wilder side of his life. I just wouldn’t feel Borat as Mercury would be believable, even though die hard Queen fans wanted him as the role. I do see a very striking resemblance however.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

BBC4- Queen on 10:46 - Oct 31 with 914 viewsDarran

It’s a great film.

https://www.mytalk1071.com/watch-little-girl-hit-right-notes-singing-queens-bohe

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

BBC4- Queen on 11:07 - Oct 31 with 900 viewsWarwickHunt

BBC4- Queen on 18:57 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Well I isn’t going to trouble the Oscars committee but I doubt it was ever intended to. It’s not a “critics”’ film.

I think the consensus was that given the wealth of material available, it could have been (Rami Malek aside) a lot better.
BBC4- Queen on 19:08 - Oct 31 with 854 viewsexiledclaseboy

BBC4- Queen on 10:42 - Oct 31 by E20Jack

There is certainly some “Oscar buzz” as they call it around Malek’s performance.

The showing I went to see had the cinema laughing, crying and many staying right to the end of the credits to hear Freddie play them out. On that basis I wouldn’t rule it out.

Sacha Baron Cohen was originally cast as Mercury and also co-writer and he wanted a far darker movie with focus on the wilder side of his life. I just wouldn’t feel Borat as Mercury would be believable, even though die hard Queen fans wanted him as the role. I do see a very striking resemblance however.

Not sure about the Oscar buzz. I’d be surprised if Malek’s performance attracts a nomination. It’s be deserved if it did but the Oscars are notoriously snobbish and it’s not the type of film they’d give a second look to. A Golden Globe or a BAFTA (nomination) is more of a possibility I think.

I agree about Baron Cohen, I dint think it would have worked. As it was the entire film was perfectly cast. Even Mike Myers’ meta cameo.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 22:11]

Poll: Tory leader

BBC4- Queen on 19:11 - Oct 31 with 853 viewsexiledclaseboy

BBC4- Queen on 11:07 - Oct 31 by WarwickHunt

I think the consensus was that given the wealth of material available, it could have been (Rami Malek aside) a lot better.

I’d say it could certainly have been different if they’d wanted it to be but that wasn’t the type of film they set out to make. They got what they wanted and given the initial box office returns, it seems to have worked out well.

Poll: Tory leader

BBC4- Queen on 09:43 - Jan 7 with 644 viewsDarran

BBC4- Queen on 13:24 - Oct 29 by WarwickHunt

Critics have panned it...

Best Motion Picture and Best Actor-Motion Picture at the Golden Globes. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024