Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From The Boardroom - Pearlman 14:23 - Oct 27 with 5908 viewsQJumpingJack

Merchandise sales slightly down + we have now acquired land near the South Stand if were were to expand the stadium.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/boardroom-5
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 14:43 - Oct 27 with 4251 viewsicecoldjack

Expand the stadium ?

The old ones are the best..
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 15:14 - Oct 27 with 4153 viewsQJumpingJack

How much does he get paid to write stuff like this?
It is worrying. Very worrying.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 15:21 - Oct 27 with 4127 viewsGaryjack

There is one reason, and one reason only why they have acquired that land. And that is to stop Mcdonalds moving in, which would have wiped out food sales in a stroke.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 15:33 - Oct 27 with 4063 viewsSmellyplumz

Good to see Pearl man earning his massive wedge

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:14 - Oct 27 with 3890 views_

All positive, insightful info, why make a shit storm out of it. Are your lives seriously that bad?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:42 - Oct 27 with 3738 viewswaynekerr55

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 15:21 - Oct 27 by Garyjack

There is one reason, and one reason only why they have acquired that land. And that is to stop Mcdonalds moving in, which would have wiped out food sales in a stroke.

Which, in fairness seems the logical thing to do.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:50 - Oct 27 with 3688 viewsGaryjack

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:42 - Oct 27 by waynekerr55

Which, in fairness seems the logical thing to do.

Indeed Wayne. But let's not try and dress it up as something else eh?
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:59 - Oct 27 with 3627 views3swan

My memory might be wrong but wasn't it announced years before the takeover that the club was looking to get the land when McD were first interested?
Login to get fewer ads

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:04 - Oct 27 with 3597 viewsNeathJack

There's a Mcdonalds being built on the land next to the tennis centre, starting next week.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:37 - Oct 27 with 3458 viewsGaryjack

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:59 - Oct 27 by 3swan

My memory might be wrong but wasn't it announced years before the takeover that the club was looking to get the land when McD were first interested?

Correct Clive.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:38 - Oct 27 with 3443 viewsGaryjack

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:04 - Oct 27 by NeathJack

There's a Mcdonalds being built on the land next to the tennis centre, starting next week.

A bit different to having one right outside the Family Stand though!
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:46 - Oct 27 with 3395 viewsjack247

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 17:14 - Oct 27 by _

All positive, insightful info, why make a shit storm out of it. Are your lives seriously that bad?

To be honest mate, my frustration is we’ve got Roberts and Rodon (as well as bigger earners) out of contract in a few months, then you’ve got a chief operating officer who didn’t do a lot better than Dineen at raising profile and bringing in sponsorship on a massive chunk. I’m not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of his role, but surely we don’t need him as well as Jenkins now the commercial opportunities are massively reduced. If we spent his wage on a new contract for either of them I’d be delighted
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:48 - Oct 27 with 3384 viewsDr_Winston

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:46 - Oct 27 by jack247

To be honest mate, my frustration is we’ve got Roberts and Rodon (as well as bigger earners) out of contract in a few months, then you’ve got a chief operating officer who didn’t do a lot better than Dineen at raising profile and bringing in sponsorship on a massive chunk. I’m not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of his role, but surely we don’t need him as well as Jenkins now the commercial opportunities are massively reduced. If we spent his wage on a new contract for either of them I’d be delighted

Dineen had the best part of a decade of league success and European competition to deliver jack shit. Pearlman hasn't achieved a hell of a lot but his job has been done under significantly different circumstances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:50 - Oct 27 with 3367 views_

Contracts are being discussed. They're not an overnight thing.

Let's give the whole ship SCFC a break is it?!

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 3345 viewsjack247

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:48 - Oct 27 by Dr_Winston

Dineen had the best part of a decade of league success and European competition to deliver jack shit. Pearlman hasn't achieved a hell of a lot but his job has been done under significantly different circumstances.

I’m not bigging Dineen up there, but he is what he is, a fan and local businessman who almost learned the job on the hop. Pearlmam was recruited on a big wage to grow us as a global brand.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:58 - Oct 27 with 3319 viewsDr_Winston

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:55 - Oct 27 by jack247

I’m not bigging Dineen up there, but he is what he is, a fan and local businessman who almost learned the job on the hop. Pearlmam was recruited on a big wage to grow us as a global brand.

And inherited a commercial department not fit for purpose and a team struggling in the league thus not exactly attractive to sponsors. If CP had the job when Dineen was doing it it's hard to imagine him having less of an effect.

Leaving Dineen in charge of the commercial proceedings whilst we were in the PL was a massive missed opportunity. Putting Pearlman in charge when we were heading out of it was a case of slamming the stable door long after the horse had bolted.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:59 - Oct 27 with 3315 viewsjack247

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:50 - Oct 27 by _

Contracts are being discussed. They're not an overnight thing.

Let's give the whole ship SCFC a break is it?!

Supporting the club doesn’t mean automatically agreeing with everything the owners do. I’d guess half of today’s team are out of contract in the summer. Yes, they take a long time to discuss, it should have been done, with those two at least, before they became first team regulars.

When he does something that justifies his salary, at a club that is strapped for cash, I’ll give him credit for it.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:15 - Oct 27 with 3229 views_

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:59 - Oct 27 by jack247

Supporting the club doesn’t mean automatically agreeing with everything the owners do. I’d guess half of today’s team are out of contract in the summer. Yes, they take a long time to discuss, it should have been done, with those two at least, before they became first team regulars.

When he does something that justifies his salary, at a club that is strapped for cash, I’ll give him credit for it.

Bullshit.

In a parallel world those two wouldn't even be playing.

Stop being so pathetic. You're better than that.

Football is fluid, things happen fast, too fast sometimes, this isn't a perfect world yet we've got idiots who've not done anything with their lives chippin away thinking they know better.

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:20 - Oct 27 with 3206 viewsjasper_T

8 months. At least two months before even foreign clubs could try poaching them.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:23 - Oct 27 with 3193 viewsjack247

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:15 - Oct 27 by _

Bullshit.

Football is fluid, things happen fast, too fast sometimes, this isn't a perfect world yet we've got idiots who've not done anything with their lives chippin away thinking they know better.

Disagreeing with you, or criticising the board isn’t automatically pathetic. If you’re implying I’m not entitled to an opinion because I’ve never run a football club, then you are also better than that.

By ‘in a parallel world’ I assume you mean if we’d stayed up. If that were the case it still wouldn’t be prudent to let them go for tribunals having developed them all the way through. As for Pearlman, the opportunity isn’t there anymore without the global PL exposure. I just think we could spend that money better elsewhere, particularly while Jenkins is there.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:33 - Oct 27 with 3145 viewsTailGunner

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:15 - Oct 27 by _

Bullshit.

You are in the know as you so often tell us mucka
What do you reckon?
Shall we stop the games?

Stick with the 28

Or the interest of rogue 1??
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 3128 viewsjack247

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:20 - Oct 27 by jasper_T

8 months. At least two months before even foreign clubs could try poaching them.

And if in four months time, those two plus a few other first teamers have extended their contracts, I’ll be a lot happier.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 3095 viewsbuilthjack

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 18:04 - Oct 27 by NeathJack

On the old car park between Morrisons and the tennis centre I believe

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:43 - Oct 27 with 3080 viewsNeathJack

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:41 - Oct 27 by builthjack

On the old car park between Morrisons and the tennis centre I believe

Yep.
From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:49 - Oct 27 with 3040 viewsDarran

From The Boardroom - Pearlman on 19:37 - Oct 27 by jack247

And if in four months time, those two plus a few other first teamers have extended their contracts, I’ll be a lot happier.

If Rodon signs a 5 year contract tomorrow do you think he’ll stay if Man City come in for him in January?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024