Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob's Phone In 17:57 - Oct 27 with 10360 viewsunion_jack

Celebrating a 4-1 defeat for 'them'.

'Matthew' (I think he was called) tweeted that only BBCardiff could do that and called them all deluded.

Good tweet!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rob's Phone In on 08:12 - Oct 28 with 1152 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rob's Phone In on 07:57 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

It's not all about the money...We are showing that good football and structure can be brought about without the money. GP has proved this before at Ostersunds too. Plus I don't think it really matters about how much we are getting in parachute payments either, as the Yanks aren't spending it on the club anyway.
Clubs are stuck in the championship because they are not doing things right. I'm hoping this approach by the club means that we are.
There is no point going back up until we are ready. There is no way the club are going to spend like they did last time, so our spending when we go back up will probably be less than the likes of Huddersfield, Scumdiff etc. so we need to be prepared in other ways.

I agree with most of that but we were never massive spenders.
We need a top notch scouting squad and make sure we are supporting the U23 squad. Yes I have changed my mind on the latter and have been massively encouraged by how well our youngsters are developing and adapting to the passing game. This is in no small measure down to Harry.
This year is proving it is much easier to stay in the PL as the sides down the bottom have become really poor,
Our current squad would give the bottom 6 a game as it stands now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Rob's Phone In on 08:19 - Oct 28 with 1141 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 08:03 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

It is to a degree. Perhaps we should all be watching the Swansea Senior League to avoid having to try really hard and end up watching that nasty losing stuff.
I think Builth has hit the nail on the head. It is my take as well that we have been brainwashed into fearing the PL and being satisfied with our lot.
I hate the ridiculous wages in the PL but boll@cks to staying out of it because we might lose and the footy is not too good,

No but we need to go up when we have learned our trade again. Absolutely no point going up now, we can hardly even string wins together in this league. We'd get smashed every week in PL.
I want to go back upp when we are able to rip this league apart and are playing the way we were when we went up the last time. When we were being applauded and talked about the world over. That can happen again and I truly believe we have the right management team to be able to do that.
But it will take some time. Enough of this ASAP stuff. It won't work.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rob's Phone In on 08:20 - Oct 28 with 1129 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rob's Phone In on 08:06 - Oct 28 by Cooperman

So how do you think they are going to get their £60m back? It’s not going to be achieved by Championship mediocrity season in season out.

Maybe they have written a large chunk of it off and are prparing to cut their losses and sell up. The last window proved there was no will to spend to get back up.
I think they are genuinely surprised how well it is gone this season. The worry for me is they do not see it as an opportunity to regain former glories but as a fire sale to reduce their losses further before upping sticks.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 8:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Rob's Phone In on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 1125 viewsraynor94

Rob's Phone In on 08:12 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that but we were never massive spenders.
We need a top notch scouting squad and make sure we are supporting the U23 squad. Yes I have changed my mind on the latter and have been massively encouraged by how well our youngsters are developing and adapting to the passing game. This is in no small measure down to Harry.
This year is proving it is much easier to stay in the PL as the sides down the bottom have become really poor,
Our current squad would give the bottom 6 a game as it stands now.

Never massive spenders? Ayew, Baston, Mesa and Bony to a certain extent says different, what a waste of money

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rob's Phone In on 08:26 - Oct 28 with 1113 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 08:20 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

Maybe they have written a large chunk of it off and are prparing to cut their losses and sell up. The last window proved there was no will to spend to get back up.
I think they are genuinely surprised how well it is gone this season. The worry for me is they do not see it as an opportunity to regain former glories but as a fire sale to reduce their losses further before upping sticks.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 8:21]

Why would the owners of a football club not want to be playing in the top division? They would be in a much better position financially.
They just want to do it sensibly this time. And that means not spending money. So we'd better get used to that.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rob's Phone In on 08:28 - Oct 28 with 1103 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rob's Phone In on 08:23 - Oct 28 by raynor94

Never massive spenders? Ayew, Baston, Mesa and Bony to a certain extent says different, what a waste of money

I was referring to other PL clubs in a similar position Rayns.
I agree though. The players you quoted were a massive waste of money and highlighted the incompetence and culpability of Jenkins.
We would never have gone down had that money been spent wisely.

Rob's Phone In on 08:33 - Oct 28 with 1092 viewsraynor94

Rob's Phone In on 08:28 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

I was referring to other PL clubs in a similar position Rayns.
I agree though. The players you quoted were a massive waste of money and highlighted the incompetence and culpability of Jenkins.
We would never have gone down had that money been spent wisely.

Agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rob's Phone In on 08:39 - Oct 28 with 1072 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rob's Phone In on 08:19 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

No but we need to go up when we have learned our trade again. Absolutely no point going up now, we can hardly even string wins together in this league. We'd get smashed every week in PL.
I want to go back upp when we are able to rip this league apart and are playing the way we were when we went up the last time. When we were being applauded and talked about the world over. That can happen again and I truly believe we have the right management team to be able to do that.
But it will take some time. Enough of this ASAP stuff. It won't work.

I agree with the sentiments in general but I repeat, I think our current squad would give the bottom 6 in the PL a game. We are only 2 or 3 decent signings away from being a side that can go straight back up.
It follows that we would spend more money as we would accrue more with promotion so staying up would be very achievable. Cardiff have a shout this season and our current squad, supported wisely, certainly would.
Unfortunately I don't think the Yanks and the Sell Outs are of the same mindset.
The actions, or lack of it, in the January window will tell.

Login to get fewer ads

Rob's Phone In on 10:12 - Oct 28 with 1000 viewsCaptain_Sham

The table makes no sense until everyone has played everyone at least once. Anyone celebrating league position in October deserves the derision, aside from the fact that that position is 4th from bottom. Lol.
Lets face it they had two direct rivals down to 10 men and couldn't beat either of them. Those are the things that will come home to roost at the end of the season.Now that is worth celebrating.

Its just a ride.

Rob's Phone In on 10:18 - Oct 28 with 988 viewsthornabyswan

Rob's Phone In on 08:26 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

Why would the owners of a football club not want to be playing in the top division? They would be in a much better position financially.
They just want to do it sensibly this time. And that means not spending money. So we'd better get used to that.

The big worry is not the recruitment but retaining the likes of Roberts Rodon Fer all out of contract.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rob's Phone In on 10:24 - Oct 28 with 980 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 08:39 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

I agree with the sentiments in general but I repeat, I think our current squad would give the bottom 6 in the PL a game. We are only 2 or 3 decent signings away from being a side that can go straight back up.
It follows that we would spend more money as we would accrue more with promotion so staying up would be very achievable. Cardiff have a shout this season and our current squad, supported wisely, certainly would.
Unfortunately I don't think the Yanks and the Sell Outs are of the same mindset.
The actions, or lack of it, in the January window will tell.

Maybe on their day yeah, but consistently beat the bottom 6 in the prem? Na.
We are at the absolute infancy of our new way of playing and our players haven't yet grasped what Potter is trying to teach them. We have won back to back games yes, but we are still conceding chances and needing to score more goals regularly. We are not even masters of our own game yet.
We are not convincing against shit teams in this league eg. Ipswich. How on earth are we ready for the premier league?!

Cardiff don't have a shout this season. They are piss poor. I for one would not like to be in the prem if we were struggling like them. They are, by words of many pundits, an embarrassment to the league.
I would much prefer to be in our position, than theirs 100%

I'm quite sure that we will not make any big signings in January and there will be a lot of moaning yet again, but I don't think that will be what will be the telling of the clubs' intentions, as they have already outlined their intentions, and it's not going back to the premier league asap.

Rob's Phone In on 10:27 - Oct 28 with 974 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 10:18 - Oct 28 by thornabyswan

The big worry is not the recruitment but retaining the likes of Roberts Rodon Fer all out of contract.

Very true. I do believe the money will be made available for the new contracts, for the youngsters at least. And I don't believe any of them will be sold. If these things don't come to fruition, my feelings for the club will change and I will be up in arms, but until then, it all seems to be going fine imo.

Rob's Phone In on 10:54 - Oct 28 with 942 viewsunion_jack

Rob's Phone In on 10:24 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

Maybe on their day yeah, but consistently beat the bottom 6 in the prem? Na.
We are at the absolute infancy of our new way of playing and our players haven't yet grasped what Potter is trying to teach them. We have won back to back games yes, but we are still conceding chances and needing to score more goals regularly. We are not even masters of our own game yet.
We are not convincing against shit teams in this league eg. Ipswich. How on earth are we ready for the premier league?!

Cardiff don't have a shout this season. They are piss poor. I for one would not like to be in the prem if we were struggling like them. They are, by words of many pundits, an embarrassment to the league.
I would much prefer to be in our position, than theirs 100%

I'm quite sure that we will not make any big signings in January and there will be a lot of moaning yet again, but I don't think that will be what will be the telling of the clubs' intentions, as they have already outlined their intentions, and it's not going back to the premier league asap.

This is my view.

Regrettably and rather embarrassingly, I think Cardiff would beat us at the moment. As would the bottom 6. Maybe not every time, but most times.

Rob's Phone In on 11:15 - Oct 28 with 915 viewsItchySphincter

I listened to about five minutes of it as we were leaving the game yesterday. It really was cringeworthy, with Perry who can barely string a coherent sentence together, waxing lyrical about their upcoming run of 'easy games' which he really expects them to get a decent haul from.

They were well and truly bumf*cked yesterday, they know it, and they've obviously resigned themselves to the 'happy to be here, making up the numbers' point of view.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 11:15]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rob's Phone In on 11:20 - Oct 28 with 902 viewssainthelens

Rob's Phone In on 10:54 - Oct 28 by union_jack

This is my view.

Regrettably and rather embarrassingly, I think Cardiff would beat us at the moment. As would the bottom 6. Maybe not every time, but most times.

I wouldn't be so sure pal. Us at our very best right now would be more than a match for them. Whilst we can't match them physically, we have far more pace and movement.
Rob's Phone In on 11:21 - Oct 28 with 897 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 11:15 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

I listened to about five minutes of it as we were leaving the game yesterday. It really was cringeworthy, with Perry who can barely string a coherent sentence together, waxing lyrical about their upcoming run of 'easy games' which he really expects them to get a decent haul from.

They were well and truly bumf*cked yesterday, they know it, and they've obviously resigned themselves to the 'happy to be here, making up the numbers' point of view.

Exactly. Would you want that for us? Would you think it would be different for us if we go up this year?

Rob's Phone In on 11:25 - Oct 28 with 882 viewsunion_jack

Rob's Phone In on 11:20 - Oct 28 by sainthelens

I wouldn't be so sure pal. Us at our very best right now would be more than a match for them. Whilst we can't match them physically, we have far more pace and movement.

Their physicality and our lack of experience would play a big part on the outcome I believe.

Rob's Phone In on 11:30 - Oct 28 with 870 viewsjackrmee

Rob's Phone In on 11:20 - Oct 28 by sainthelens

Us at our very best would easily stay up in the prem, but that's not the issue is it? It's staying at our very best for a number of games. Or even 2 halves tbh at the moment.
Hence my point that things take time.
There are glimpses of greatness from us already, but over time we will get better and better and more consistent. That is what we need.

Rob's Phone In on 11:37 - Oct 28 with 857 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 11:15 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Liverpool dominated, sure. Top of the league, duh.

Once we got the goal back, it's naive to think some nerves may not have kicked in - if anything spurred them on, we pushed forward for an equaliser.

The reality of our situation is we know areas of the pitch need improving - right back, replacement for Bamba in particular but the stats are nowhere near as gloomy as some make out.

Of the ten games, we've played the current top six - losing all six. Of the non top six games, 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss. So 5 pts from 12 there so far, which if you take the top six games out of things would indicate, if that record is kept up, around 35 points.

Is it going to be hard for us to stay up? Of course. We however do have the chance to pick up points the next 8-9 games as teams around us have to play the top six.
Rob's Phone In on 11:38 - Oct 28 with 857 viewsdickythorpe

Jason Perry had no idea who Dan James was. The normally anti Swans bile from Iwan Roberts had to explain they type of player he is to him.
Blake knows.his football and is not one eyed at all.
Rob's Phone In on 11:49 - Oct 28 with 836 viewspencoedjack

Rob's Phone In on 11:37 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

Once we got the goal back, it's naive to think some nerves may not have kicked in - if anything spurred them on, we pushed forward for an equaliser.

The reality of our situation is we know areas of the pitch need improving - right back, replacement for Bamba in particular but the stats are nowhere near as gloomy as some make out.

Of the ten games, we've played the current top six - losing all six. Of the non top six games, 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss. So 5 pts from 12 there so far, which if you take the top six games out of things would indicate, if that record is kept up, around 35 points.

Is it going to be hard for us to stay up? Of course. We however do have the chance to pick up points the next 8-9 games as teams around us have to play the top six.

You played against 10 men against Newcastle & Huddersfield & unfortunately JJS didn’t take a penalty

Keep those rose tinted glasses on
Rob's Phone In on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 817 viewsItchySphincter

Hark at Alistair Campbell!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rob's Phone In on 11:55 - Oct 28 with 812 viewsjack247

Alternatively, no points against teams outside the relegation zone, or the top 16.
Rob's Phone In on 11:58 - Oct 28 with 811 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 11:49 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

You played against 10 men against Newcastle & Huddersfield & unfortunately JJS didn’t take a penalty

Keep those rose tinted glasses on

Still only lost one of those games.

I'm sure JJS would have pointed the keeper the wrong way; and Newcastle should've been down to nine men anyway,

How are they "rose tinted glasses"? It's simple recognition of the fact we've played the current top six in 60% of our matches so far; only Man City and at the end Liverpool have really blown us away,

I'd rather be in our situation than Fulham, Newcastle or Huddersfield.
Rob's Phone In on 12:13 - Oct 28 with 790 viewsexhmrc1

The trouble is Bluey that the likes of you and the broadcasting body for Cardiff ignore is that in addition to the top 5 you have played the 3 clubs below you as well. You have also played Burnley and Bournemouth and lost both. Getting points against Fulham Newcastle and Huddersfield isnt going to be enough. You need wins at home against the likes of Burnley and Newcastle which you didnt get. The only win has come against a very poor Fulham side. Year on year a side needs 8 wins at home to have a hope of surviving and so far you have 1 out of 5 including 3 sides in the bottom half. The next few games will be vital but based on the evidence it doesnt suggest you are likely to get wins. The trouble with the BBC is that it is full of Cardiff sympathisers. Saturday had Blakey and Perry commenting on Cardiff and Gabbidon on the Swans. They also use Ratcliffe. The only ex swan is Walsh and he also played for Cardiff so 5 of their experts played for Cardiff and that says it all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024