Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob's Phone In 17:57 - Oct 27 with 10343 viewsunion_jack

Celebrating a 4-1 defeat for 'them'.

'Matthew' (I think he was called) tweeted that only BBCardiff could do that and called them all deluded.

Good tweet!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rob's Phone In on 12:19 - Oct 28 with 1127 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ratcliffe can't stand us...

The reality right now is there are three teams worse than us. We've lucked into getting a striker; Paterson was a right back for Hearts and scored 33 in 137 games for them - incredible for a defender. Can't defend, not an excellent midfielder, not a complete striker but he has that knack of being in the right position at the right time. Murphy missed a number of those early games too don't forget, which meant we were without our most potent attacker.

Our defence is nowhere near as bad as that of Fulham, our team overall is more organised and puts a shift in than Newcastle and Huddersfield.

As I said, of course it'll be difficult to stay up but we're certainly not relegated yet as some media pundits claim.
Rob's Phone In on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 1119 viewsItchySphincter

Rob's Phone In on 12:19 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

The reality right now is there are three teams worse than us. We've lucked into getting a striker; Paterson was a right back for Hearts and scored 33 in 137 games for them - incredible for a defender. Can't defend, not an excellent midfielder, not a complete striker but he has that knack of being in the right position at the right time. Murphy missed a number of those early games too don't forget, which meant we were without our most potent attacker.

Our defence is nowhere near as bad as that of Fulham, our team overall is more organised and puts a shift in than Newcastle and Huddersfield.

As I said, of course it'll be difficult to stay up but we're certainly not relegated yet as some media pundits claim.

You're f*cked mate.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rob's Phone In on 12:30 - Oct 28 with 1084 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 12:22 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

You're f*cked mate.

Eh, I wouldn't book the relegation hearse quite yet, long way to go.
Rob's Phone In on 12:31 - Oct 28 with 1082 viewssainthelens

Rob's Phone In on 11:58 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

Still only lost one of those games.

I'm sure JJS would have pointed the keeper the wrong way; and Newcastle should've been down to nine men anyway,

How are they "rose tinted glasses"? It's simple recognition of the fact we've played the current top six in 60% of our matches so far; only Man City and at the end Liverpool have really blown us away,

I'd rather be in our situation than Fulham, Newcastle or Huddersfield.

2 of those 3 sides will strengthen....you won't. Need to accept the inevitable and enjoy it for what it is. I do !!
Rob's Phone In on 12:32 - Oct 28 with 1079 viewsItchySphincter

Colin's a good lad. He'll make sure you continue over achieving by getting you back to the Championship at a canter.

Rob's Phone In on 12:34 - Oct 28 with 1077 viewspencoedjack

Rob's Phone In on 11:38 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

Jason Perry had no idea who Dan James was. The normally anti Swans bile from Iwan Roberts had to explain they type of player he is to him.
Blake knows.his football and is not one eyed at all.

Feel dirty saying it but I like Blake as a pundit.

Perry, on the other hand, is a c unt.
Rob's Phone In on 12:35 - Oct 28 with 1075 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 12:31 - Oct 28 by sainthelens

2 of those 3 sides will strengthen....you won't. Need to accept the inevitable and enjoy it for what it is. I do !!

Again, long way to go in the season. Time will tell after all.

If we're not good enough over the season, so be it.
Rob's Phone In on 12:38 - Oct 28 with 1068 viewsItchySphincter

Rob's Phone In on 12:34 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

Feel dirty saying it but I like Blake as a pundit.

Perry, on the other hand, is a c unt.

Jason Perry was a terrible footballer and an even worse pundit. He can barely speak FFS.

Login to get fewer ads

Rob's Phone In on 12:45 - Oct 28 with 1056 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 12:38 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Jason Perry was a terrible footballer and an even worse pundit. He can barely speak FFS.

Agree on the pundit comment. Radio Wales have some awful ones.

Terrible footballer? He was good at lower levels, not every player is league one or above quality.
Rob's Phone In on 12:51 - Oct 28 with 1043 viewsjackal

Rob's Phone In on 08:03 - Oct 28 by Private_Partz

It is to a degree. Perhaps we should all be watching the Swansea Senior League to avoid having to try really hard and end up watching that nasty losing stuff.
I think Builth has hit the nail on the head. It is my take as well that we have been brainwashed into fearing the PL and being satisfied with our lot.
I hate the ridiculous wages in the PL but boll@cks to staying out of it because we might lose and the footy is not too good,

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing that I would like more than a return to the Premiership.
But with owners who can't or won't invest in the team the result would be humiliation.

Decent owners using the Prem. money to build a team around our youngsters would give us something to be proud of again.
Rob's Phone In on 12:59 - Oct 28 with 1037 viewsBluebird

Rob's Phone In on 08:06 - Oct 28 by Cooperman

So how do you think they are going to get their £60m back? It’s not going to be achieved by Championship mediocrity season in season out.

They have probably wormed quite alot of cash back already..
These are business people who will know how to bank money through a few different avenues..
Rob's Phone In on 13:05 - Oct 28 with 1029 viewsBluebird

Rob's Phone In on 10:24 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

Maybe on their day yeah, but consistently beat the bottom 6 in the prem? Na.
We are at the absolute infancy of our new way of playing and our players haven't yet grasped what Potter is trying to teach them. We have won back to back games yes, but we are still conceding chances and needing to score more goals regularly. We are not even masters of our own game yet.
We are not convincing against shit teams in this league eg. Ipswich. How on earth are we ready for the premier league?!

Cardiff don't have a shout this season. They are piss poor. I for one would not like to be in the prem if we were struggling like them. They are, by words of many pundits, an embarrassment to the league.
I would much prefer to be in our position, than theirs 100%

I'm quite sure that we will not make any big signings in January and there will be a lot of moaning yet again, but I don't think that will be what will be the telling of the clubs' intentions, as they have already outlined their intentions, and it's not going back to the premier league asap.

Cardiff probably don't have a chance this season but promotion most importantly saved us as a club. Who cares what these pundits harp on about because promotion has put my club in good shape for the near future and we are now run properly.
Rob's Phone In on 13:10 - Oct 28 with 1026 viewsBluebird

Rob's Phone In on 11:15 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

I listened to about five minutes of it as we were leaving the game yesterday. It really was cringeworthy, with Perry who can barely string a coherent sentence together, waxing lyrical about their upcoming run of 'easy games' which he really expects them to get a decent haul from.

They were well and truly bumf*cked yesterday, they know it, and they've obviously resigned themselves to the 'happy to be here, making up the numbers' point of view.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 11:15]

Perry didn't say easy games once stop twisting things to suit your agenda.
Of course we are happy to be here as i've said it's saved our club.
Maybe we will go down after only one season but one swallow don't make a summer we are in great shape off the field and that's more important to the majority of our fans..
Rob's Phone In on 13:16 - Oct 28 with 1025 viewsBluebird

Rob's Phone In on 11:20 - Oct 28 by sainthelens

I wouldn't be so sure pal. Us at our very best right now would be more than a match for them. Whilst we can't match them physically, we have far more pace and movement.

You need to be at your very best in your league first before making those claims because your hardly setting the world alight at the moment
Rob's Phone In on 13:18 - Oct 28 with 1024 viewsBluebird

Rob's Phone In on 12:13 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

The trouble is Bluey that the likes of you and the broadcasting body for Cardiff ignore is that in addition to the top 5 you have played the 3 clubs below you as well. You have also played Burnley and Bournemouth and lost both. Getting points against Fulham Newcastle and Huddersfield isnt going to be enough. You need wins at home against the likes of Burnley and Newcastle which you didnt get. The only win has come against a very poor Fulham side. Year on year a side needs 8 wins at home to have a hope of surviving and so far you have 1 out of 5 including 3 sides in the bottom half. The next few games will be vital but based on the evidence it doesnt suggest you are likely to get wins. The trouble with the BBC is that it is full of Cardiff sympathisers. Saturday had Blakey and Perry commenting on Cardiff and Gabbidon on the Swans. They also use Ratcliffe. The only ex swan is Walsh and he also played for Cardiff so 5 of their experts played for Cardiff and that says it all.

I can't listen to any of that lot
Rob's Phone In on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 1012 viewsBillyChong

A club that should be nowhere near the premier league. A league one manager and a squad that contains Gary Madine.
Rob's Phone In on 14:48 - Oct 28 with 940 viewssainthelens

Rob's Phone In on 13:18 - Oct 28 by Bluebird

I can't listen to any of that lot

Like listening to bunch of women bitching about a neighbour they don't like.
Rob's Phone In on 15:06 - Oct 28 with 915 viewsdickythorpe

It would be hilarious if Newport or Wrexham got their act together and in ten years stuck two fingers up to us both by being the top 2 Welsh teams.
None of us have a crystal ball and we've been spoilt in last decade.

Silly rivalry we have with each other.
Rob's Phone In on 15:11 - Oct 28 with 905 viewsmonmouth

Rob's Phone In on 13:05 - Oct 28 by Bluebird

Cardiff probably don't have a chance this season but promotion most importantly saved us as a club. Who cares what these pundits harp on about because promotion has put my club in good shape for the near future and we are now run properly.

? How much does the club owe Tan?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rob's Phone In on 15:13 - Oct 28 with 898 viewsmajorraglan

There’s no point getting hot under the collar about this and Cardiff, I am more concerned with what’s happening at Swansea City.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Cardiff will stay up, if they do Warnock will have done well. I expect them to come straight down and to be very strong in the Championship next season, knd of like Burnley a few seasons ago. They will have cleared a lot of their debt and have the nucleus of a strong Championship team. I like Gabbidon, Blake and Walsh as pundits, but I am not so keen on Ratcliff and Perry.

I get what some posters are saying about building and Swansea not being ready for the PL, but the club has an ambitious young manager and if he does well this season other clubs will be looking at him. If he feels he is getting backed and the club match his ambitions, then he will stay, if he feels there is no ambition he will be off. There were rumours he’d walked on the transfer window deadline day but was persuaded to return. Players and managers want to play at the top, so if it’s there the club has to grasp the opportunity.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 15:30]
Rob's Phone In on 15:20 - Oct 28 with 888 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rob's Phone In on 15:11 - Oct 28 by monmouth

Can't remember the exact figure, but a lot has been converted to equity.

He's also not (yet) taken anything out of the club.
Rob's Phone In on 15:42 - Oct 28 with 856 viewsmajorraglan

Rob's Phone In on 15:11 - Oct 28 by monmouth

Over a £100m and some debt has been converted to equity according to Walesonline. If they keep their wage bill to around £25m, then they may have at least £75m which they can use to pay off their debt plus any surpluses from future parachute payments. If they miraculously stay up, then I would have though they could afford to clear their debts completely after the second season.

If Swansea went up this year, given the massive cost cutting that’s taken place over the last few months I would expect there to be significant surpluses going forward.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-citys-debt-st
Rob's Phone In on 15:47 - Oct 28 with 843 viewsThornburyswan

Rob's Phone In on 12:19 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

Decent overall assessment Bluey - Huddersfield are shocking, & then it looks like 2 from the next 4/5 teams. Warnock will have you relatively well organised vs a couple of those but you will need to keep picking up home wins versus the other bottom 6/7 sides.

17th would be a success.
Rob's Phone In on 15:50 - Oct 28 with 837 views34dfgdf54

I honestly think they have a good chance of staying up.

Home form may be enough with how bad the teams in bottom half are. Huddersfield are bankers, Fulham are conceding a ridiculous amount of goals and I fully expect Burnley to be dragged in.

18: Cardiff/Burnley
19: Fulham
20: Huddersfield

I thought Fulham would be fine but they look all over the place.
Rob's Phone In on 16:54 - Oct 28 with 761 viewsmonmouth

Rob's Phone In on 15:20 - Oct 28 by bluey_the_blue

Can't remember the exact figure, but a lot has been converted to equity.

He's also not (yet) taken anything out of the club.

Yes he's proved himself a decent owner. I hope ours prove as stable, and I never thought I'd say that. He must still think he can sell the club on (or the equity makes no sense).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024