Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 19:12 - Oct 27 with 3101 viewsJackfath

Playing the "Leon" role today. I thought he was excellent and made a much better impact than Carroll when he's been played there. I reckon he's going to turn into a very tidy player for us, needs time and confidence like so many of these young players.

Keep up the great work Mr Grimes!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Matt Grimes on 19:14 - Oct 27 with 2448 viewsGaryjack

Didn't think it would be long before you started trolling again!
Matt Grimes on 19:16 - Oct 27 with 2435 viewsItchySphincter

Matt Grimes on 19:14 - Oct 27 by Garyjack

The official 'Matthew Grimes is going to be a top player for us' thread. by ItchySphincter 22 Sep 2018 13:10
Feel free to sling your sh!t in here.

I said it first.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Matt Grimes on 19:25 - Oct 27 with 2378 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matthew gives his expert anal ee sees

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes on 19:25 - Oct 27 with 2365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matt Grimes on 19:25 - Oct 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Matthew gives his expert anal ee sees

But he's bang on the money. In fairness.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 2284 viewsJackfath

You didn't see the game then?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Matt Grimes on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 2283 viewslifelong

Grimes played well today.
Matt Grimes on 19:40 - Oct 27 with 2257 viewsploppy

Thought Grimes was very good again today. He's not as lightweight as Carroll and, although he's one-footed, he doesn't seem to need as many touches to get it onto his left foot. Oh, and he plays the ball forward sometimes too.
Matt Grimes on 19:47 - Oct 27 with 2220 viewsCooperman

Someone mentioned on a previous thread that he is on £10k a week.

If that’s the case then we could do a lot worse by letting him go in order to save a few quid.

It’s taken a few seasons but he has grown into a competent player at this level and another few years at this level and under the guidance of Potter could really see him flourish.

Sometimes we just need more patience.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 20:06 - Oct 27 with 2143 viewskarnataka

Matt Grimes on 19:40 - Oct 27 by ploppy

Thought Grimes was very good again today. He's not as lightweight as Carroll and, although he's one-footed, he doesn't seem to need as many touches to get it onto his left foot. Oh, and he plays the ball forward sometimes too.

I would say he plays the ball forward most of the time rather than just sometimes. And he's getting better with every game. I'd definitely have him in my starting 11 atm for sure.
Matt Grimes on 20:08 - Oct 27 with 2118 viewsDJack

Matt Grimes on 20:06 - Oct 27 by karnataka

I would say he plays the ball forward most of the time rather than just sometimes. And he's getting better with every game. I'd definitely have him in my starting 11 atm for sure.

Yep. A player , who at one time, most of us thought he was a waste of a shirt. Now, he is starting 11 by merit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Matt Grimes on 20:19 - Oct 27 with 2041 viewsKilkennyjack

Matt Grimes on 20:08 - Oct 27 by DJack

Yep. A player , who at one time, most of us thought he was a waste of a shirt. Now, he is starting 11 by merit.

Yes - excellent today.

Well done Matt.

Beware of the Risen People

Matt Grimes on 20:33 - Oct 27 with 1968 viewspencoedjack

Matt Grimes on 19:40 - Oct 27 by ploppy

Twice the player of Tom Carroll
Matt Grimes on 20:58 - Oct 27 with 1870 viewsElmo

Delighted by his performances this season, and today he was one of our best players. One of my favourites. Not yet quite a Leon.

To be precise, he didn't play the Leon role. Would love to see MG grow into being more proactive, demanding the ball from the CBs and commanding the game - a la Leon. Right now he's a tad too passive in that respect.

Their diminutive #38 played the Leon role, with aplomb, esp 2nd half which was the source of their resurgence. Hats off to him, Go sign him HJ..............
Matt Grimes on 21:05 - Oct 27 with 1844 viewsBadlands

Matt Grimes on 20:08 - Oct 27 by DJack

TBF we were comparing him with what we needed in the Premier League.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matt Grimes on 21:17 - Oct 27 with 1799 viewsGaryjack

Matt Grimes on 19:37 - Oct 27 by Jackfath

You didn't see the game then?

Matt Grimes on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 1600 viewsangryjack

Grimes a was outstanding today
Matt Grimes on 01:15 - Oct 28 with 1412 viewsGeoffThom

Got to admit I wrote him off thought he was feckin awful.,awful at Leeds as well ,Northampton weren't sure at the beginning, but he got his act together and came through for them ,and this year is the most improved player we have .
Well done son keep it up you've been excellent so far
Matt Grimes on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 1155 viewskarnataka

Is it just me or does anyone else feel he's got a 25 yard worldy in him before this season's done?
Matt Grimes on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 1148 viewsjackrmee

Matt Grimes on 08:23 - Oct 28 by karnataka

Is it just me or does anyone else feel he's got a 25 yard worldy in him before this season's done?

Had 2 good attempts at one yesterday

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Matt Grimes on 08:26 - Oct 28 with 1145 views34dfgdf54

Thought he was outstanding yesterday fair play to the lad.
Matt Grimes on 08:28 - Oct 28 with 1129 viewsjackrmee

Matt Grimes on 08:26 - Oct 28 by 34dfgdf54

Thought he was outstanding yesterday fair play to the lad.

Yeah he was everywhere. Didn't stop running. Tough tackling. Very good short passing. Spreading balls left right and centre. Few good shots on goal. Getting back, getting forward.
Very close to MOTM in my eyes. And that's something I couldn't even call, as VDH. Celina and Dan J all put in MOTM shifts.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Matt Grimes on 08:33 - Oct 28 with 1116 viewsItchySphincter

He’s a very good player, really happy with him.

Does any one know why Tom Carroll didn’t make the squad? Before anyone says he shite, genuine question.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Matt Grimes on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 1103 viewsjackrmee

Matt Grimes on 08:33 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Does any one know why Tom Carroll didn’t make the squad? Before anyone says he shite, genuine question.

I don't know no, but I assume it's just part of GPs planning for each match depending on the opposition and he felt Carrol wasn't needed for this one.

Matt Grimes on 08:40 - Oct 28 with 1089 viewsUplandsJack

Matt Grimes on 08:33 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

I heard someone say at the game yesterday, Carroll was not in squad due to a slight strain. Hamstring if I recall.
Matt Grimes on 08:41 - Oct 28 with 1081 viewsTailGunner

Matt Grimes on 08:40 - Oct 28 by UplandsJack

I heard someone say at the game yesterday, Carroll was not in squad due to a slight strain. Hamstring if I recall.

Confirmed by Graham Potter in post match presser
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024