Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James 21:31 - Oct 27 with 7348 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The potential is frightening

Great game again today

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Dan James on 21:37 - Oct 27 with 4762 viewsdickythorpe

Let's enjoy the "Cliff Jones of the 21st century" whilst he's here.
Dan James on 21:37 - Oct 27 with 4753 viewsicecoldjack

Thankfully he hasn't learnt to shoot yet, otherwise he'd be off in January for £10m plus add on's.

His pace is scary, huge potential for us and for wales, I think he's in the perfect place to develop too, signed til 2020 apparently so we lucked out on the contract situation there.
Dan James on 21:40 - Oct 27 with 4728 viewspencoedjack

A player who gets arses off seats, if he can add a bit of composure in front of goal he has a massive future
Dan James on 21:42 - Oct 27 with 4713 viewsjasper_T

Dan James on 21:40 - Oct 27 by pencoedjack

A player who gets arses off seats, if he can add a bit of composure in front of goal he has a massive future

Even if he doesn't he's proving effective at this level. Real weapon for us going forward.
Dan James on 21:45 - Oct 27 with 4686 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Montero replacement who actually wants to run in behind the defence, couple of great crosses too

think composure and goals will come soon

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Dan James on 21:48 - Oct 27 with 4653 viewspencoedjack

Dan James on 21:42 - Oct 27 by jasper_T

Even if he doesn't he's proving effective at this level. Real weapon for us going forward.

Yep but when he adds that composure ( which I’m sure will come in a few games) going to be some player.

I loves a winger 👍
Dan James on 21:49 - Oct 27 with 4652 viewsploppy

Excellent performance today but he really should have scored in the first half. Like Leon said during commentary, he just needed to roll it in the far corner.
Dan James on 21:51 - Oct 27 with 4626 viewsjasper_T

Dan James on 21:48 - Oct 27 by pencoedjack

Yep but when he adds that composure ( which I’m sure will come in a few games) going to be some player.

I loves a winger 👍

It's been something he's been trying to add to his game for two seasons so maybe don't hold your breath on him showing a clinical goalscoring touch.

But then I said that about Connor as well so what do I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James on 21:58 - Oct 27 with 4584 viewsoldcob

Not afraid to get stuck in and tackle back either.
Dan James on 22:08 - Oct 27 with 4524 viewsAl_Bundy

Quite funny a lot on here were saying about the U23's stepping up into the first team and if they could.. now we talking about how to keep them at the club and not cash in.
Dan James on 22:14 - Oct 27 with 4503 viewsjack2jack

He was excellent today.
Dan James on 22:20 - Oct 27 with 4473 viewspencoedjack

Dan James on 22:08 - Oct 27 by Al_Bundy

Quite funny a lot on here were saying about the U23's stepping up into the first team and if they could.. now we talking about how to keep them at the club and not cash in.

Never seen the under 23s & have taking posters on here advice on how good the players are.

As I said yesterday, it would be a travesty if these youngsters left on a free due to the incompetence of the club hierarchy
Dan James on 22:27 - Oct 27 with 4451 viewsbuilthjack

Dan James on 21:40 - Oct 27 by pencoedjack

If Mcburnie improves his positioning he will score goals for fun with James supplying him. Big if.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dan James on 02:01 - Oct 28 with 4129 viewsKilkennyjack

Dan James on 21:37 - Oct 27 by icecoldjack

Thankfully he hasn't learnt to shoot yet, otherwise he'd be off in January for £10m plus add on's.

His pace is scary, huge potential for us and for wales, I think he's in the perfect place to develop too, signed til 2020 apparently so we lucked out on the contract situation there.

50 welsh caps awaits, great watching him getting at full backs.

Composure will come.

He will do for me. Way way better than the new signings...

Beware of the Risen People

Dan James on 06:40 - Oct 28 with 4012 viewsjack247

What impressed me was his head didn’t drop and he kept taking shots when he got into the right position. Would have been easy for a young player to look for a pass after missing a couple. Had a great understanding with Celina yesterday. James for an hour then Montero for 30 minutes is going to be a nightmare for most defences.
Dan James on 08:03 - Oct 28 with 3846 viewsCooperman

Dan James on 21:49 - Oct 27 by ploppy

Excellent performance today but he really should have scored in the first half. Like Leon said during commentary, he just needed to roll it in the far corner.

That makes it sound easy. His two chances were not as straightforward as that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dan James on 08:18 - Oct 28 with 3817 viewsbluenile

Dan James on 06:40 - Oct 28 by jack247

What impressed me was his head didn’t drop and he kept taking shots when he got into the right position. Would have been easy for a young player to look for a pass after missing a couple. Had a great understanding with Celina yesterday. James for an hour then Montero for 30 minutes is going to be a nightmare for most defences.

You should have said James for an hour, then Montero for 10 minutes, then Carroll for 20 non-tackling minutes . . . . . . . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Dan James on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 3797 viewsjackrmee

A very good performance. He is still raw and learning every day. He can only get better. And with Jeff back, they will both be pushing eachother.
The idea of either of them starting and then the other coming on against the defender who's had to deal with the other one most of the game is frightening indeed.
Our squad seems to be far from thin now and getting fatter and fatter the more the players play together.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Dan James on 08:43 - Oct 28 with 3757 viewsploppy

Dan James on 08:03 - Oct 28 by Cooperman

That makes it sound easy. His two chances were not as straightforward as that.

Don't agree. That chance in particular, where Fulton laid it off, he should have buried.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 10:11]
Dan James on 08:47 - Oct 28 with 3744 viewsicecoldjack

Dan James on 08:23 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

A very good performance. He is still raw and learning every day. He can only get better. And with Jeff back, they will both be pushing eachother.
The idea of either of them starting and then the other coming on against the defender who's had to deal with the other one most of the game is frightening indeed.
Our squad seems to be far from thin now and getting fatter and fatter the more the players play together.

A possibility of both playing and swapping wings would give the opposition all kinds of problems, I think Dan James really.knows how to cross a ball, so refreshing to see.

If he continues to progress under potter and stay free of injury then he will be premier league level in 2 yrs easy.
Dan James on 09:53 - Oct 28 with 3609 viewsBadlands

Dan James on 08:47 - Oct 28 by icecoldjack

A possibility of both playing and swapping wings would give the opposition all kinds of problems, I think Dan James really.knows how to cross a ball, so refreshing to see.

If he continues to progress under potter and stay free of injury then he will be premier league level in 2 yrs easy.

Dan knows how to cross but there are times, like tea, when he showed he doesn't know when to cross.
He took on a good few efforts today when a players inside were free, waiting and in better positions to score.
Maybe when he gets a goal he will calm down and make better choices.
He also needs some protection from refs - the treatment he received against Blackburn was dreadful.
Great future ahead of him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James on 10:25 - Oct 28 with 3548 viewsmagicdaps10

Cracking player, surprised me loads.

Can pick out a player when crossing, head up, calm and happy to play it on floor as well as putting height on it.

Should have got a couple of goals but he is young and I am certain that will come.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dan James on 11:12 - Oct 28 with 3467 viewsjack247

Dan James on 08:47 - Oct 28 by icecoldjack

Montero is an impact sub, as much as people wish he wasn’t. Start with James, let him run himself into the ground for an hour or so then let Jeff destroy the already knackered defender
Dan James on 11:17 - Oct 28 with 3441 viewsItchySphincter

Dan James on 02:01 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

50 welsh caps awaits, great watching him getting at full backs.

Composure will come.

He will do for me. Way way better than the new signings...

Who cares about Welsh caps?!

He was better against Ipswich and in the second half against Blackburn than he was yesterday.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dan James on 11:19 - Oct 28 with 3430 viewsjackrmee

Dan James on 11:12 - Oct 28 by jack247

Montero is an impact sub, as much as people wish he wasn’t. Start with James, let him run himself into the ground for an hour or so then let Jeff destroy the already knackered defender

Why do you think think Jeff is more of an impact sub than Dan or vice versa?
Very similar players in my eyes and Jeff has the most experience, so if GP can keep him fit I don't think he should just be classed as an impact sub. He is quite capably to do the job Dan J is doing right now.
GP has in fact said that he thinks there are ways to manage his fitness which haven't been done before, and that's not simply by using him for the final quarter of games as a sub.

And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not saying to drop Dan J. I'm just suggesting that they can both do a job there and will both need to do the impact sub role on probably a similar amount of occasions.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024