Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey & Mikey 08:20 - Oct 28 with 2405 viewspencoedjack

What a centre half pairing.

A few superb tackles by VDH especially the one on the edge of the box.

Keep it up
Joey & Mikey on 08:27 - Oct 28 with 2051 viewsCopaMundial

Reading had far too many free headers yesterday, I agree that they both made some great tackles, but there was some shocking marking from both of them also
Joey & Mikey on 08:29 - Oct 28 with 2033 viewsItchySphincter

We are very weak at defending crosses at a he moment. Not sure what’s gone wrong there....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joey & Mikey on 08:31 - Oct 28 with 2018 viewsjackrmee

Joey & Mikey on 08:27 - Oct 28 by CopaMundial

Reading had far too many free headers yesterday, I agree that they both made some great tackles, but there was some shocking marking from both of them also

Yeah there were a LOT of chances for Reading yesterday. However, both CBs are top notch in recoveries, blocks, tackles and playing the ball out of defence.
I'm not sure why we are conceding so many chances though. Hopefully GP is and can sort it out.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joey & Mikey on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 2017 viewsraynor94

Joey & Mikey on 08:27 - Oct 28 by CopaMundial

Got to agree, we were lucky a few times second half, we looked ropey at the back, better teams than Reading would have taken advantage

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joey & Mikey on 08:44 - Oct 28 with 1960 viewsicecoldjack

Yep, they are doing great but they look less assured with Nordfelt than they did with Mulder.

VDH just looks like he owns it out there, complacency will be his only enemy this season.
Joey & Mikey on 08:48 - Oct 28 with 1932 viewsWhiterockin

Joey & Mikey on 08:31 - Oct 28 by jackrmee

Yeah there were a LOT of chances for Reading yesterday. However, both CBs are top notch in recoveries, blocks, tackles and playing the ball out of defence.
I'm not sure why we are conceding so many chances though. Hopefully GP is and can sort it out.

There are always many more chances in the Championship compared to the Premier League. This is why your require real quality to score in the top flight and less so in the Championship. Your finishing needs to be better in the Premier League and your ratio of goals to chances needs to be so much higher. This is why some players are prolific in the Championship and fail to make the grade when they step up.
Joey & Mikey on 08:57 - Oct 28 with 1898 viewsKilkennyjack

Big Joe also had a fantastic recovery tackle in the box second half.

Looking good as a pair.
Good number of clean sheets evidence of this.

Our own ‘Joey and Mikey’ show ... nice one !

Beware of the Risen People

Joey & Mikey on 09:58 - Oct 28 with 1746 viewsBadlands

On defending crosses
1) Where the **** is Nordfeldt?
2) it looked like the CBs were preventing clean headers rather Han compete - dangerous but has the advantage of keeping the CB aware of position following the cross and prevents attackers getting power or direction on a header. Ashley Williams is the master of this defending.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Joey & Mikey on 10:11 - Oct 28 with 1718 viewsWhiterockin

Joey & Mikey on 09:58 - Oct 28 by Badlands

On defending crosses
2) it looked like the CBs were preventing clean headers rather Han compete - dangerous but has the advantage of keeping the CB aware of position following the cross and prevents attackers getting power or direction on a header. Ashley Williams is the master of this defending.

They had several "clean headers" yesterday and should have scored from at least 2.
Joey & Mikey on 10:15 - Oct 28 with 1704 viewsploppy

VdH was a good shout for MoM for me. Some great tackling - including the one in midfield that started the counter attack for our second goal. It's a little worrying that teams are getting headers in against us but I think Nordfeldt has to take some of the blame.
Joey & Mikey on 10:21 - Oct 28 with 1689 viewsexiledclaseboy

Joey and mikey.

Poll: Tory leader

Joey & Mikey on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 1653 viewsCopaMundial

The highlights of the game are available to watch, have a look at them and you'll see that both VDH and Rodon both fail to pick up their man on several headed chances that Reading had,
I do agree about Nordfelt, he doesn't fill me with confidence either.
Joey & Mikey on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 1538 viewspencoedjack

Joey & Mikey on 10:21 - Oct 28 by exiledclaseboy

Joey and mikey.

I'm sure there's a song in there for the more artistic ones amongst PS posters.
Joey & Mikey on 11:37 - Oct 28 with 1526 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If that's a great game for the pair then we're in deep trouble. Reading's forwards had little trouble losing their marker every other cross, imagine what Premier League strikers would do to them. Joe has a very long way to go. 'Mikey' has likely peaked and is a solid second division centre back.

That could have very easily been another Ipswich result if they had taken just 2 of their numerous chances.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Joey & Mikey on 11:46 - Oct 28 with 1511 viewsjacksfullaces

Joey & Mikey on 11:37 - Oct 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If that's a great game for the pair then we're in deep trouble. Reading's forwards had little trouble losing their marker every other cross, imagine what Premier League strikers would do to them. Joe has a very long way to go. 'Mikey' has likely peaked and is a solid second division centre back.

That could have very easily been another Ipswich result if they had taken just 2 of their numerous chances.

what's your solution/alternative?
Joey & Mikey on 11:48 - Oct 28 with 1503 viewsItchySphincter

Joey & Mikey on 08:44 - Oct 28 by icecoldjack

Yep, they are doing great but they look less assured with Nordfelt than they did with Mulder.

VDH just looks like he owns it out there, complacency will be his only enemy this season.

Danny Graham had Mike in his pocket, did you see that game?

He's gone off the boil a bit in the last couple of games imo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joey & Mikey on 11:53 - Oct 28 with 1486 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Joey & Mikey on 11:46 - Oct 28 by jacksfullaces

what's your solution/alternative?

I don't think there is an alternative, they're a very capable pair. However the manager and his coaching team need to address the glaring weakness to our game, which is defending crosses.

Whether it is the goal keepers fault, or poor positioning from the centre backs is for Potter to look at and address. However if it isn't we'll be conceding poor goals from crosses every other week which will surely damage any chance we have of sneaking into the playoffs.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Joey & Mikey on 06:42 - Oct 29 with 1209 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joey & Mikey on 08:44 - Oct 28 by icecoldjack

I have to say that VDH lost us the Ipswich game almost single-handedly. He needs to be a lot more on his game than he is right now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Joey & Mikey on 08:10 - Oct 29 with 1151 viewsCooperman

Joey & Mikey on 11:53 - Oct 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think there is an alternative, they're a very capable pair. However the manager and his coaching team need to address the glaring weakness to our game, which is defending crosses.

Whether it is the goal keepers fault, or poor positioning from the centre backs is for Potter to look at and address. However if it isn't we'll be conceding poor goals from crosses every other week which will surely damage any chance we have of sneaking into the playoffs.

That’s quite right Dwight. The only difference between the Ipswich and Reading games is that Ipswich took their chances.

I’m sure that Potter and his team are acutely aware of the issue and will work on in to improve what is an already tight defence; the goals conceded stats prove this.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Joey & Mikey on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 1098 viewsLeonWasGod

Joey & Mikey on 09:58 - Oct 28 by Badlands

On defending crosses

We don't seem as comfortable at the back with Nordfeldt; a couple of real comedy moments yesterday. There was much less panic with Mulder imo, but that's been discussed to death on here.
Joey & Mikey on 09:38 - Oct 29 with 1060 viewsLoyal

Joey & Mikey on 11:35 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

I'm sure there's a song in there for the more artistic ones amongst PS posters.

Joey and Mikey,
Onhhhh my crikey,
When the balls in the air
Onhhhh you couldn't care

Bloody lovely,
Day off on Thursday.

Mikey and Joey,
When it gets snowey,
Wrap up warm
With a good quality snood.

To the tune of Beethoven's 9th in oral B.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joey & Mikey on 10:30 - Oct 29 with 1016 viewsUppa_Swans

We do seem to be conceding too many crosses into the box. But that's not really the fault of the centre halves. Full backs and midfield should be preventing those balls from being played.
Joey & Mikey on 10:42 - Oct 29 with 994 viewsMo_Wives

Mike's lucky to still have his teeth from what I heard.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Joey & Mikey on 13:23 - Oct 29 with 885 viewsicecoldjack

Joey & Mikey on 11:48 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Danny Graham had Mike in his pocket, did you see that game?

He's gone off the boil a bit in the last couple of games imo.

I did, and for me it was just a good battle between 2 good players, the important part of that tussle was in the goals scored by DG column, he didn't score and was subbed off, I'd hardly say he had VDH in his pocket .

Like I touched on previously, there is no surprise that the less clinical defending has raised its head since Nordfelt came back into the team . I think him not commanding his area well enough is a huge factor in our more shaky set piece defending.
Joey & Mikey on 13:36 - Oct 29 with 863 viewsJohnw102

For all those saying about the chances against us we have only conceded 11 goals in 15 matches and 3 of those in one match, second best defence in the league. can't just have been luck in 15 matches a â…“ of the way through the season.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024