Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans on an iPad 09:48 - Oct 28 with 2512 viewsjackrabbit

This is not a moan but a request for information. I am finding it impossible to use Planet Swans on my iPad (I'm typing this on my desktop computer). The page constantly refreshes "There was a problem with the page so it was reloaded" and if you happen to be typing a reply or a new post or whatever, you will lose it. When browsing a thread, it just locks after you have browsed so far and refuses to show any more text. I have to close down the website and restart it. Even when it is allowing you to browse it is pitifully slow to page.

I'm conscious of the problems with memory and storage on iPads but I do not have these problems with any other website, not even Facebook which is an incredibly busy website - lots of advertising. Anybody out there suffering the same?
Planet Swans on an iPad on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 2508 viewsexiledclaseboy

Working fine for me on iPad. Occasionally slow but nothing major. Have you tried an ad blocker? The ads on this site are evil.

Poll: Tory leader

Planet Swans on an iPad on 10:06 - Oct 28 with 2495 viewsGowerjack

I've had similar issues.

Switching off Java worked for me.

Think it's a problem with the plethora of YouTube and Twitter links on here taking to long to load.

Have to switch it back on for other sites for the functionality however.

Any techies on here know a different workaround?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Planet Swans on an iPad on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 2473 viewsMrSwerve

Updating to the latest iOS seemed to have cured most if not all of the issues I used to have. It used to be almost unusable.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Planet Swans on an iPad on 21:08 - Oct 29 with 2350 viewsjackrabbit

Planet Swans on an iPad on 10:34 - Oct 28 by MrSwerve

Updating to the latest iOS seemed to have cured most if not all of the issues I used to have. It used to be almost unusable.

I'm on iOS 9.3.5 which is the latest version.
Planet Swans on an iPad on 21:20 - Oct 29 with 2334 viewsbuilthjack

Never had a problem with iPad. Had this 4 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Planet Swans on an iPad on 22:22 - Oct 29 with 2290 viewsDarran

Planet Swans on an iPad on 21:20 - Oct 29 by builthjack

Never had a problem with iPad. Had this 4 years.

Me neither Bonys probably making it all up for attention.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans on an iPad on 23:14 - Oct 29 with 2271 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Planet Swans on an iPad on 07:02 - Oct 30 with 2220 viewsMrSwerve

Planet Swans on an iPad on 21:08 - Oct 29 by jackrabbit

12.0.1 is the latest version. iOS 9 is actually quite old.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 7:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on an iPad on 07:29 - Oct 30 with 2206 viewsScottishEddie

what worries me is the popup which appears when using a phone stating that 3rd party companies can access all data on your device, thats just wrong and you have no option to opt out!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:32 - Oct 30 with 2176 viewsLord_Bony

Planet Swans on an iPad on 21:08 - Oct 29 by jackrabbit

Many iPads and iPhones cannot upgrade their iOS beyond this version.

These are the ones that seem to be getting these recent problems.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:56 - Oct 30 with 2158 viewspikeypaul

I get the problem when using an old iPad mini(about 4 years old) although apart from Wales Online which is complete carp whichever device I use I get no issues with other sites.

I must look at updating my OS if it allows such an old device to do so.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Planet Swans on an iPad on 16:56 - Oct 30 with 2105 viewsMrSwerve

Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:32 - Oct 30 by Lord_Bony

Yeah, depends how old your iPad is. I’ve got an iPad Air 2 which is about 5 years old. Site seems to be ok now for me.

Planet Swans on an iPad on 17:20 - Oct 30 with 2094 viewsDarran

Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:32 - Oct 30 by Lord_Bony

I can’t get it on my Nokia 3310 either.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans on an iPad on 22:06 - Oct 30 with 2056 viewsjackrabbit

Planet Swans on an iPad on 07:02 - Oct 30 by MrSwerve

12.0.1 is the latest version. iOS 9 is actually quite old.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 7:02]

Is that right?! When I click on 'software update' in Settings, it whirs around for a minute or so and then comes back and tells me 'you are up to date', or words to that effect. I don't remember having done an update for ages, so I was wondering if that was fake news! That may well be the problem then, so I'll try to find out how to get up to date. Thanks for the info.
Planet Swans on an iPad on 22:17 - Oct 30 with 2050 viewsjackrabbit

Ah!
Reading other posts on here, looks like I'm snookered. My iPad 2 is circa 2012 and still works perfectly well but is apparently too ancient to accommodate IOS 12.

Looks like I'll have to limit my use of PS on my iPad. I'll have to look for alternative sources of Swans gossip. I have no problems with SCFC2 - it pages and behaves quite well on my iPad. I'll use Planet Swans on my Windows 10 desktop PC.

Funnily enough I'm able to type and add this posting on this board. It would just freeze on the Football Only board.
Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:09 - Oct 31 with 2004 viewsMrSwerve

Planet Swans on an iPad on 22:17 - Oct 30 by jackrabbit

Ah!
Reading other posts on here, looks like I'm snookered. My iPad 2 is circa 2012 and still works perfectly well but is apparently too ancient to accommodate IOS 12.

Looks like I'll have to limit my use of PS on my iPad. I'll have to look for alternative sources of Swans gossip. I have no problems with SCFC2 - it pages and behaves quite well on my iPad. I'll use Planet Swans on my Windows 10 desktop PC.

Funnily enough I'm able to type and add this posting on this board. It would just freeze on the Football Only board.

If all else fails, try and connect it up to your pc and sync with the new iTunes, it may update then. I had to connect to PC to update mine.

Planet Swans on an iPad on 22:51 - Oct 31 with 1934 viewsjackrabbit

Planet Swans on an iPad on 08:09 - Oct 31 by MrSwerve

If all else fails, try and connect it up to your pc and sync with the new iTunes, it may update then. I had to connect to PC to update mine.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that.👍
Planet Swans on an iPad on 23:01 - Oct 31 with 1931 viewsbuilthjack

Planet Swans on an iPad on 17:20 - Oct 30 by Darran

I can’t get it on my Nokia 3310 either.

The good old trusty machine. We all wanted one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024