Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State Pension Triple Lock? 12:11 - Oct 30 with 2060 viewsHCMC

Time to abolish or not ?
State Pension Triple Lock? on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 2013 viewsMorfa_Same

Time to abolish is long overdue but it'll never happen while we have a Tory government heavily dependent on the votes of the elderly.
State Pension Triple Lock? on 13:30 - Oct 30 with 2007 viewsHCMC

State Pension Triple Lock? on 13:26 - Oct 30 by Morfa_Same

Time to abolish is long overdue but it'll never happen while we have a Tory government heavily dependent on the votes of the elderly.

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2018-09-27/labour-leader-jeremy-corbyn-commits-

Corbyn has pledged to retain it also.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 13:31]
State Pension Triple Lock? on 14:12 - Oct 30 with 1962 viewsCatullus

State Pension Triple Lock? on 13:26 - Oct 30 by Morfa_Same

As people age they tend to move to the right. I was solidly Labour when young, didn't even think about it or consider an alternative which is true for so many still.
It's easy to be idealistic when young, as you grow older though and gain experience, your views and opinions change.
I don't consider myself right, left or centre anymore, I just make the best choice I can at the time.

I don't know about the triple lock, many an OAP will say keep it but I don't know what the true cost is. I do know though that we need to spend more on young people, on training and creating worthwhile jobs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

State Pension Triple Lock? on 15:09 - Oct 30 with 1928 viewsmajorraglan

State Pension Triple Lock? on 14:12 - Oct 30 by Catullus

As people age they tend to move to the right. I was solidly Labour when young, didn't even think about it or consider an alternative which is true for so many still.
It's easy to be idealistic when young, as you grow older though and gain experience, your views and opinions change.
I don't consider myself right, left or centre anymore, I just make the best choice I can at the time.

I don't know about the triple lock, many an OAP will say keep it but I don't know what the true cost is. I do know though that we need to spend more on young people, on training and creating worthwhile jobs.

Up arrowed for the last comment on young people, we are selling them short and need to invest more on them because they are our future. When our middle aged are old it is today’s young people who will be carrying the burden and paying for things, to have a healthy prosperous country going forward we need to invest in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024