Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trick or Treat? 16:48 - Oct 31 with 4486 viewsJackfath

I don't like Halloween. A total Americanism.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trick or Treat? on 17:04 - Oct 31 with 3178 viewslifelong

We can thank the Americans for trick or treat and pumpkins but Halloween was celebrated in this country many centuries before America was even thought of.
https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Halloween/
Trick or Treat? on 17:13 - Oct 31 with 3161 viewsjackson5

Got this for my front door should scare a few buggers away

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

Trick or Treat? on 17:24 - Oct 31 with 3145 viewscentrestandswan

American consumerism at it's worst (or best). In Asda today the poor buggers were spending like crazy on Halloween tat , parents who looked as if they could just about pay the grocery bill never mind the crap Halloween costumes and masks etc.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Trick or Treat? on 17:38 - Oct 31 with 3127 viewsJackfath

Trick or Treat? on 17:24 - Oct 31 by centrestandswan

American consumerism at it's worst (or best). In Asda today the poor buggers were spending like crazy on Halloween tat , parents who looked as if they could just about pay the grocery bill never mind the crap Halloween costumes and masks etc.

Some "adults" are worse than the innocent children though. Adults dressed up walking about in broad daylight. Going to a fancy dress party, hairy muff, but for now other reason?

Society is broken.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Trick or Treat? on 17:46 - Oct 31 with 3109 viewsicecoldjack

Total Americanism? I thought it was a welsh/pagan thing originally ?
Trick or Treat? on 17:49 - Oct 31 with 3102 viewsItchySphincter

Trick or Treat? on 17:46 - Oct 31 by icecoldjack

Total Americanism? I thought it was a welsh/pagan thing originally ?

Surely the banging on doors and collection of candy was not a Welsh/Pagan thing originally?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trick or Treat? on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 3094 viewsWingstandwood

Trick or Treat? on 17:38 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

Some "adults" are worse than the innocent children though. Adults dressed up walking about in broad daylight. Going to a fancy dress party, hairy muff, but for now other reason?

Society is broken.

So profound and bang on! A society driven by "keep up with the Joneses" materialism, conspicuous consumerism, ego and attention seeking where grown up adults now live their lives trying to mimic third rate reality TV stars, glamour mod-ellz, footballers wives, Hello Magazine bullsh1ters publicity stunts/initiatives.

I have a relative who went to a 'Halloween attention-seek initiative' on the weekend...... FFS thirty years of age and summer-puddle-shallow, absolutely desperate for the next social media thumbs up like some teenage girl.

Argus!

Trick or Treat? on 18:23 - Oct 31 with 3050 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trick or Treat? on 17:24 - Oct 31 by centrestandswan

People don't seem to see the blatant consumerism. A woman in the supermarket today put £65.00 of Halloween tat through the till and then after her debit card was rejected, borrowed her friend's credit card to pay for it.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Trick or Treat? on 18:53 - Oct 31 with 3020 viewsjackal

Absolutely awful . Just don't get it.

You bring up kids telling them not to talk to strangers and not to take sweets from strangers.

And then once a year send them to strangers houses to beg for sweets.

I wish the Americans would keep their rubbish. That includes football club-buying tossers.
Trick or Treat? on 18:55 - Oct 31 with 3017 viewsJackfath

I'm glad it's raining.

Trick or Treat? on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 2993 viewsexiledclaseboy

Only one knock on the door so far. Ignored of course.The dog’s a bit deaf these days so doesn’t give us away as often as he used to. Every cloud.

Poll: Tory leader

Trick or Treat? on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 2965 viewslifelong

Very quiet this evening just two lots of visitors, door answered and treats given, children all dressed up..great to see them enjoying themselves.
Trick or Treat? on 19:53 - Oct 31 with 2944 viewsjack2jack

Kin ell
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/720681/uk-halloween-industry-cost
Trick or Treat? on 20:01 - Oct 31 with 2927 viewscentrestandswan

"Baby showers" WTF is that all about another import from across the Pond.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Trick or Treat? on 20:05 - Oct 31 with 2914 viewsJackfath

Trick or Treat? on 20:01 - Oct 31 by centrestandswan

I like you.

Trick or Treat? on 20:06 - Oct 31 with 2910 viewsjack2jack

I'm with you on this, I can't stand this sort of American tripe, it does my head in.
Trick or Treat? on 20:09 - Oct 31 with 2902 viewsDarran

Trick or Treat? on 20:06 - Oct 31 by jack2jack

I'm with you on this, I can't stand this sort of American tripe, it does my head in.

Halloween isn’t American tripe mun it was invented by the Celts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trick or Treat? on 20:10 - Oct 31 with 2899 viewsJackfath

Trick or Treat? on 20:09 - Oct 31 by Darran

Dressing up as Mo Salah and begging the neighbours for sweets? Gary Jack will be even more confused now.

Trick or Treat? on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 2893 viewsjack2jack

Trick or Treat? on 20:09 - Oct 31 by Darran

Baby showers and that sort of stuff, I'm talking about.
Twice in one week, I'm not stalking you honest
Trick or Treat? on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 2893 viewslifelong

It’s bonfire night in a few days then Christmas in a few weeks, you’ve got to love this time of the year.
Trick or Treat? on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 2891 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, I only found out about those existing within the last year....

Another vainglorious ego-tripping 'act-like-an-Hello-Magazine celeb' thing is HAVING A STAG DO' IN LAS VEGAS, wtf why is Wind Street no longer good enough? Nah got to go to a more exotic location like em celebs do.

Many youngsters don't wanna give the impression of being "down to earth" these days.

Argus!

Trick or Treat? on 20:21 - Oct 31 with 2874 viewsDarran

Trick or Treat? on 20:14 - Oct 31 by jack2jack

Baby showers and that sort of stuff, I'm talking about.
Twice in one week, I'm not stalking you honest

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trick or Treat? on 20:22 - Oct 31 with 2871 viewsbuilthjack

That Christmas thing is another. It was only celebrated for the first time in AD336.
How the fck does that work?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trick or Treat? on 20:23 - Oct 31 with 2868 viewsMrSwerve

Trick or Treat? on 20:15 - Oct 31 by Wingstandwood

Another vainglorious ego-tripping 'act-like-an-Hello-Magazine celeb' thing is HAVING A STAG DO' IN LAS VEGAS, wtf why is Wind Street no longer good enough? Nah got to go to a more exotic location like em celebs do.

Many youngsters don't wanna give the impression of being "down to earth" these days.

It’s to impress their Instagram followers innit, all 8 of them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Trick or Treat? on 20:26 - Oct 31 with 2856 viewsbuilthjack

Trick or Treat? on 20:15 - Oct 31 by Wingstandwood

They end up with only those that can afford it, whilst their best mates are left at home.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024