Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The elected representatives of swansea 19:33 - Nov 1 with 4126 viewsNeathJack

Been having a bit of a back and forth with Mike Hedges AM recently, mainly due to his unwillingness to answer a question i put to him in regards the the continuing cuts to Local Government while other public sectors the Welsh Government is responsible for funding, get increases.

He pointed me to his speech on the budget in the Senedd to show how he does not support the imbalance in the budgets and wants more funding to go to Local Government as opposed to the other areas.

I've linked to his speech below. A couple of questions spring to mind.

1) Where in this speech (other than one very brief reference to social care)in between commending and welcoming the budget that does the exact opposite of what he is claiming he supports, does he state that viewpoint?, and

2) Having watch his speech, it's content and his delivery, is anyone surprised that Swansea gets very little, relatively speaking, out of Cardiff Bay?

http://www.senedd.tv/Meeting/Clip/713903ac-5c45-4dfd-99cb-16c2ae598f4d?inPoint=0
The elected representatives of swansea on 19:57 - Nov 1 with 3378 viewsCatullus

I had a less than satisfying exchange with Hedges a few years back. Didn't Kilkenny or Trampie claim our AM's were better quality than those Westminster mugs? Well if Hedges is typical, I'd have to disagree.
There for the money, the kudos and the pesnion but for public service...no, no. Isn't it odd how a politician can claim his speech says something when it doesn't, much is claimed but there's little substance

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:41 - Nov 1 with 3335 viewsDan_Swan

Likewise NeathJack, thankfully he's unblocked you & responded, although probably not fully.

I've had a running in with him too with regards to the lack of expenditure outside of Cardiff, he argued that he helped get the new Swansea University Campus built in Jersey Marine. I pointed out to him this is that wasn't in his constituency and that it falls under Port Talbot, slightly ironic don't you think?

Still following Dr's orders!

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:44 - Nov 1 with 3327 viewsLoyal

Clearly a cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The elected representatives of swansea on 06:48 - Nov 2 with 3233 viewsDr_Winston

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:44 - Nov 1 by Loyal

Clearly a cnt.

A typical political placeman. Exemplary of the kind of drone inhabiting Cardiff Bay that thanks to people like trampie and kilks the rest of us have to pay for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The elected representatives of swansea on 08:12 - Nov 2 with 3201 viewsKilkennyjack

The elected representatives of swansea on 06:48 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

A typical political placeman. Exemplary of the kind of drone inhabiting Cardiff Bay that thanks to people like trampie and kilks the rest of us have to pay for.

The people’s will innit .....

We just dont believe that Welsh people are - uniquely - too dull to run our own affairs.

Now, vote them in or vote them out? Or stand yourself...... thats what its all about.

But if your narrative is simply ...England - good, Wales - bad, then thats total bollox.

I dont defend Mike Hedges or any other person.
Please feel free to vote him out.

And none of that detracts from the political dross that surrounds the Maybot.

Beware of the Risen People

The elected representatives of swansea on 09:09 - Nov 2 with 3178 viewsCatullus

No one's saying the Welsh are too dumb to self govern. It's about the quality of those who stand.
Besides which, why does a country of 3.5 million need it's own government to screw things up when we can let Westminster do it and save the money?
The only time we should have our own government is if we choose independence.

Devolution has been another expensive mess. I suppose some decent people could try standing but we all know they wouldn't get very far. None could choose any party as you need to be a brown nosing chunt who rolls over every time the leader syas something. Politicians don't get anywhere unless their beliefs are governed by which way the political wind blows.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The elected representatives of swansea on 10:16 - Nov 2 with 3154 viewscsf

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:44 - Nov 1 by Loyal

Clearly a cnt.

I wouldn't say that. In Morriston Mike is a well-loved figure. And from what I've seen it's because when people had issues during his time, he got them sorted. I don't know how long he was a councillor for but the people love him for his time serving on the council.

As an Am, I'm not so sure. I wonder if the step from local council ward to Am is too big an area for him to serve well.
The elected representatives of swansea on 10:29 - Nov 2 with 3145 viewsCatullus

The elected representatives of swansea on 08:12 - Nov 2 by Kilkennyjack

The people’s will innit .....

We just dont believe that Welsh people are - uniquely - too dull to run our own affairs.

Now, vote them in or vote them out? Or stand yourself...... thats what its all about.

But if your narrative is simply ...England - good, Wales - bad, then thats total bollox.

I dont defend Mike Hedges or any other person.
Please feel free to vote him out.

And none of that detracts from the political dross that surrounds the Maybot.

Interestin that you call it the will of the people. There have been claims that the brexit vote was too close for it to stand yet for devolution there was a smaller percentage turnout and just as small, maybe smaller, margin of victory.
Those of us who accepted the democratic result at the time but have been vocal in our criticism recently have been slated by the likes of you and trampie. One rule for some eh

Login to get fewer ads

The elected representatives of swansea on 10:45 - Nov 2 with 3138 viewsScotia

Nobody takes Mr Hedges seriously, anywhere. Academically intelligent but a bit of a joke.

Unfortunately Carolyn Harris is the opposite not the sharpest tool in the box, a nasty piece of work but managed to get elected as deputy leader of the Labour Party.
The elected representatives of swansea on 10:50 - Nov 2 with 3134 viewspikeypaul

These two being elected to their respective posistions tells us everything we need to know about the local electorate.

But that is democracy and we need to accept it.

We get the politicians we deserve.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The elected representatives of swansea on 11:00 - Nov 2 with 3127 viewsCatullus

The elected representatives of swansea on 10:50 - Nov 2 by pikeypaul

These two being elected to their respective posistions tells us everything we need to know about the local electorate.

But that is democracy and we need to accept it.

We get the politicians we deserve.

We certainly do and until rules around what they say and do are tightened up, nothing will change.
Politicians generally get away with too much cheating, lying and other bad behaviour that nobody entrusted with such a priviliged position should get away with.

Cheat on your expenses, commit a crime (then lie about it) accept backhanders or the promise of if you vote a certain way or tell blatant lies to the people you represent and you should face removal from post.
There should be no whips, no lobbyists and no 'second jobs' any conflict of interests should be removed/stopped and the highests standards of behaviour should be expected.

What we actually have is pigs in troughs snuffling around for as much personal gain as possible. They throw a few crumbs out and tell us how great they are but we know the reality/

The elected representatives of swansea on 11:51 - Nov 2 with 3101 viewsswanforthemoney

The elected representatives of swansea on 10:45 - Nov 2 by Scotia

Nobody takes Mr Hedges seriously, anywhere. Academically intelligent but a bit of a joke.

Unfortunately Carolyn Harris is the opposite not the sharpest tool in the box, a nasty piece of work but managed to get elected as deputy leader of the Labour Party.

Sharp as a mallet, she is.

I stand in the North Stand

The elected representatives of swansea on 12:20 - Nov 2 with 3085 viewsDr_Winston

As per usual Kilks is thinking in terms of nationality, which is the be all and end all for people like him. Welsh - good, English - bad; precisely the kind of limited mindset that got is into this mess.

It didn't take any kind of thinking along nationality grounds to realise that the Welsh Assembly would be a vastly expensive, Cardiff centric talking shop chock full of political mediocrities. It was inevitable. The same would undoubtedly be the case for any future English regional assembly.

The rest of Wales outside the CF postcode area had a fairer say under the old Welsh Office system, and it cost a hell of a lot less.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The elected representatives of swansea on 14:55 - Nov 2 with 3028 viewsjohnlangy

The elected representatives of swansea on 12:20 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

As per usual Kilks is thinking in terms of nationality, which is the be all and end all for people like him. Welsh - good, English - bad; precisely the kind of limited mindset that got is into this mess.

It didn't take any kind of thinking along nationality grounds to realise that the Welsh Assembly would be a vastly expensive, Cardiff centric talking shop chock full of political mediocrities. It was inevitable. The same would undoubtedly be the case for any future English regional assembly.

The rest of Wales outside the CF postcode area had a fairer say under the old Welsh Office system, and it cost a hell of a lot less.

Welsh good, English bad is correct when it comes to what is good for Wales. That's not difficult
The elected representatives of swansea on 19:38 - Nov 2 with 2961 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 12:20 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

You are certainly right there Doc.
I voted for the Assembly as I naively thought it would result in the reduction of Local Authorities from 22 and we would have AM's fighting their corners across Wales thereby providing a conduit for a fairer deal for all.
How wrong I was. We were indeed better off under the Welsh Office with half a dozen English MPs voting along with our few in Westminster.
I had a run in with Hedges on Twitter. He has written and paper saying small LAs in Wales provide better value for money so is advocating the status quo or even an increase although he admits to not supporting more AMs.
Looking at Hedges and James they seem to spend most if their time in coffee morning and fighting local causes like bank closures that can easily be taken up Local Councillors.
Collective responsibility and Whips seem to keep them well away from actually fighting their corner for investment hence the Cardiff Gravy Train keeps rolling.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The elected representatives of swansea on 19:45 - Nov 2 with 2954 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea why anyone thinks that the quality of your average MP at Westminster outstrips the quality of their equivalents in Cardiff Bay cos it doesn’t. Really really doesn’t.

Poll: Tory leader

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:01 - Nov 2 with 2931 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 19:45 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea why anyone thinks that the quality of your average MP at Westminster outstrips the quality of their equivalents in Cardiff Bay cos it doesn’t. Really really doesn’t.

Well you are not comparing like with like. We are comparing MPs with AMs. A Government with an Assembly. For that's what it is no matter how you dress it up. I
I find I am far more impressed with the Welsh Labour MPs and those representatives in Cardiff Bay. When comparing them to the Scottish representatives I think it is even more noticeable.
Maybe they are just talking a good game but they seem to do it much better than our regional representatives.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:06 - Nov 2 with 2924 viewsexiledclaseboy

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:01 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Well you are not comparing like with like. We are comparing MPs with AMs. A Government with an Assembly. For that's what it is no matter how you dress it up. I
I find I am far more impressed with the Welsh Labour MPs and those representatives in Cardiff Bay. When comparing them to the Scottish representatives I think it is even more noticeable.
Maybe they are just talking a good game but they seem to do it much better than our regional representatives.

As I’ve told you previously, your opinion is invalid while you insist on ignoring basic facts because they don’t suit your worldview.

And only around 10% of MPs at Westminster form part of “the government”. Westminster and Cardiff Bay are both legislatures. The U.K. government and the Welsh Government are both governments. Whether you it or not. Your inferiority complex is unsettling. You should do something about that.

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 2871 viewsKilkennyjack

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:06 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

As I’ve told you previously, your opinion is invalid while you insist on ignoring basic facts because they don’t suit your worldview.

And only around 10% of MPs at Westminster form part of “the government”. Westminster and Cardiff Bay are both legislatures. The U.K. government and the Welsh Government are both governments. Whether you it or not. Your inferiority complex is unsettling. You should do something about that.

Not a word wasted.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🙏🏿

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:33 - Nov 2 with 2851 viewsFlashberryjack

The elected representatives of swansea on 09:09 - Nov 2 by Catullus

No one's saying the Welsh are too dumb to self govern. It's about the quality of those who stand.
Besides which, why does a country of 3.5 million need it's own government to screw things up when we can let Westminster do it and save the money?
The only time we should have our own government is if we choose independence.

Devolution has been another expensive mess. I suppose some decent people could try standing but we all know they wouldn't get very far. None could choose any party as you need to be a brown nosing chunt who rolls over every time the leader syas something. Politicians don't get anywhere unless their beliefs are governed by which way the political wind blows.

Good post

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:34 - Nov 2 with 2850 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 20:06 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

We do not have a Government. We have a regional assembly. We are not an Independant nation. None of the regions are governments in the true sense of the word as they don't have the legislative powers of Westminster.
I choose to call then what I want. I don't care what some Civil Servant tries to name them. W@nkers many would call them and that is their right.
.... and I would appreciate it if you would stop pinning badges on me and stop being so pompous.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 21:35]

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:44 - Nov 2 with 2841 viewsexiledclaseboy

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:34 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

We do not have a Government. We have a regional assembly. We are not an Independant nation. None of the regions are governments in the true sense of the word as they don't have the legislative powers of Westminster.
I choose to call then what I want. I don't care what some Civil Servant tries to name them. W@nkers many would call them and that is their right.
.... and I would appreciate it if you would stop pinning badges on me and stop being so pompous.

Ooh personal insults. Not like you.

First sentence is wrong. Second sentence is wrong. Third sentence is self evident and never suggested otherwise. The rest is gibberish.

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:46 - Nov 2 with 2837 viewsKilkennyjack

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:34 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Wales is a nation, not a region.

Sorry if this is a surprise to you.

The elected representatives of swansea on 22:07 - Nov 2 with 2823 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:46 - Nov 2 by Kilkennyjack

Wales is a nation, not a region.

Sorry if this is a surprise to you.

Whatever it is it does not have a Government in the true sense of the word.
If we ever become Independant I would gladly call it The Welsh Government.
How about 'National Assembly' for the time being. Ring any bells?
Whatever I call it I am pretty certain that you and Schoolmaster Clasey will know what I am talking about ;-)

The elected representatives of swansea on 22:22 - Nov 2 with 2817 viewsexiledclaseboy

The elected representatives of swansea on 22:07 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

Whatever it is it does not have a Government in the true sense of the word.
If we ever become Independant I would gladly call it The Welsh Government.
How about 'National Assembly' for the time being. Ring any bells?
Whatever I call it I am pretty certain that you and Schoolmaster Clasey will know what I am talking about ;-)

I can see where you’re going wrong now. Your getting your legislatures and executives mixed up. The legislature is called the Welsh Assembly (Actually the National Assembly for Wales to give it its proper title). No argument there. The executive is called the Welsh Government. It used to be called the Welsh Assembly Government but that was when the Assembly only had secondary legislative powers. You’re just about a decade behind. No doubt you’ll catch up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024