Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The elected representatives of swansea 19:33 - Nov 1 with 4313 viewsNeathJack

Been having a bit of a back and forth with Mike Hedges AM recently, mainly due to his unwillingness to answer a question i put to him in regards the the continuing cuts to Local Government while other public sectors the Welsh Government is responsible for funding, get increases.

He pointed me to his speech on the budget in the Senedd to show how he does not support the imbalance in the budgets and wants more funding to go to Local Government as opposed to the other areas.

I've linked to his speech below. A couple of questions spring to mind.

1) Where in this speech (other than one very brief reference to social care)in between commending and welcoming the budget that does the exact opposite of what he is claiming he supports, does he state that viewpoint?, and

2) Having watch his speech, it's content and his delivery, is anyone surprised that Swansea gets very little, relatively speaking, out of Cardiff Bay?

http://www.senedd.tv/Meeting/Clip/713903ac-5c45-4dfd-99cb-16c2ae598f4d?inPoint=0
The elected representatives of swansea on 08:36 - Nov 3 with 752 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 21:44 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

Ooh personal insults. Not like you.

First sentence is wrong. Second sentence is wrong. Third sentence is self evident and never suggested otherwise. The rest is gibberish.

Ah but I am joking. Text is a funny thing. You read my post shouting with slit eyes then it is very different to tongue in cheek. I am the latter. I quite like you but you ain't half grumpy. :-)
Accusing someone of an inferiority complex is also personal. Plus your pomposity (such a word?) continues. I thought you were joking a couple of weeks ago when you started splitting hairs but I can see now that you aren't.
Anyways I can live with it as long as you put up a decent argument. If it gets insulting like our resident petulant happy clapper then I will ignore your posts. At the moment I will continue to play ball. Even if you threaten to take yours home over the wrong terms being used ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The elected representatives of swansea on 08:45 - Nov 3 with 748 viewsPrivate_Partz

The elected representatives of swansea on 22:22 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

I can see where you’re going wrong now. Your getting your legislatures and executives mixed up. The legislature is called the Welsh Assembly (Actually the National Assembly for Wales to give it its proper title). No argument there. The executive is called the Welsh Government. It used to be called the Welsh Assembly Government but that was when the Assembly only had secondary legislative powers. You’re just about a decade behind. No doubt you’ll catch up.

And it matters not a jot. I bow to your greater experience on political terms.
My point is simple. Wales is not Independant therfore we do not have a proper government. Just as Cardiff is not a true Capital City. Same applies to Edinburgh and Belfast. Unlike London or Dublin..
We may kid ourselves but believe me the world sees London as the Capital of GB or the UK or whatever you want to call it in your dictionary.
Now can we get back on subject? ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024