Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 04:18 - Nov 2 with 4119 viewsGroo

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38231000

Groo does what Groo does best

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 05:34 - Nov 2 with 4086 viewsSTID2017

Lots of fair accounts on there about what happened that fateful day.
Have to say as I remember it, the police right to intervene, but goes without saying no way a horse should have been up there.
RIP Terry Coles

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 07:50 - Nov 2 with 3962 viewssainthelens

Yep RIP Terry.
Sadly justice was not done and yet another SYP cover up.
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:20 - Nov 2 with 3914 viewsWarwickHunt

I remember that 4-4 at home. Dai Gwyther hat-trick - against us!
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:49 - Nov 2 with 3871 viewsraynor94

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:20 - Nov 2 by WarwickHunt

Yep, unbelievable game on a Tuesday night, followed up on the Saturday beating Tranmere 4-3.

What a week

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 09:09 - Nov 2 with 3828 viewsmonmouth

Remember it like yesterday. Senility has its benefits. 4-1 down and Dai running riot. Then 3-1 down to Tranny. I was in the enclosure with Tranny fans that day. Good bunch. They took it well to be fair.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 09:59 - Nov 2 with 3745 viewsSTID2017

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:49 - Nov 2 by raynor94

Yep, unbelievable game on a Tuesday night, followed up on the Saturday beating Tranmere 4-3.

What a week

Indeed, both brilliant games.
Believe Ian Callaghan may have scored against Tranmere ?
Also Dai Gwyther's step-nephew, David Healy - Gwyther, was our groundsman for our last few seasons at the Vetch.
Last I heard he was down Parc Stradey

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 10:12 - Nov 2 with 3721 viewsBarrySwan

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 05:34 - Nov 2 by STID2017

Lots of fair accounts on there about what happened that fateful day.
Have to say as I remember it, the police right to intervene, but goes without saying no way a horse should have been up there.
RIP Terry Coles

I had been to a game in Rotherham a few years before that fateful game and was so appalled at the obvious danger point that was the Millmor lane beside the ground that I refused to travel up to the game when my mate called to ask if I wanted to go.

It was a terrible shock to see that my assessment of the situation proved so tragically correct with the death of Terry Coles.

I have always thought since that if a strapper such as myself could see the trouble point and dangers of the set up to the extent that I refused to go to a promotion winning game then why couldn't South Yorkshire police who policed it every week have done so and developed different policing techniques to keep order in what was after all an awful time of football hooliganism throughout the country?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 10:13]
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 10:29 - Nov 2 with 3681 views_

Didn't make it to the game or to witness what happened to poor Terry (RIP), i'd got into an altercation around the corner from that Yates bar, wasn't my fault of course 😉 3 year ban.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 21:44 - Nov 2 with 3201 viewsswan65split

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:20 - Nov 2 by WarwickHunt

Yes tremendous game, and week, theyve reminded me of the Swansea City v Stockport County, 22 March 1977,,,4-4 I believe ti was the real start of our way up at that time started by good old Harry . RIP.
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 23:14 - Nov 2 with 3111 viewsCroftyjack

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 10:29 - Nov 2 by _

Didn't make it to the game or to witness what happened to poor Terry (RIP), i'd got into an altercation around the corner from that Yates bar, wasn't my fault of course 😉 3 year ban.

I remember the incident as me and some mates were walking down and saw it but thought nothing of it at the time....We just come from Yates and remember it kicking off in the pub at the top of the lane..good and bad day all rolled into one
Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 23:25 - Nov 2 with 3085 viewsDarran

Tragic what happened to TC.

We had some right çunts at that game and at Bury too. We’ve always had some right pricks at big games.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 23:46 - Nov 2 with 3055 viewsLoyal

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 10:29 - Nov 2 by _

Same here Chris, it was a somewhat eventful day.
Couldn't believe the news regards Terry Coles.
Hundreds didn't get in that day. Not sure many if any had tickets.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 08:47 - Nov 3 with 2883 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 23:25 - Nov 2 by Darran

Tragic what happened to TC.

We had some right çunts at that game and at Bury too. We’ve always had some right pricks at big games.

Indeed. It's so good now knowing that friends and family can go to much better stadia and enjoy a football game with no threats to their safety. We've come a long way. Still find it funny the way championship away fans try to hide their identities around pubs etc etc, there's almost zero chance of any trouble anymore.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 2780 viewsCatullus

Myselff and my mates left Yates that day and looked for somehwere quieter, we could see what ws coming. We ended up in a nice little boozer, had a few beers but when we left we could see fighting, things being thrown and we hadn't got to that lane, it was still 100 yards or so away. We rounded the corner to see the body on the floor still being treated by the paramedics. The queue to get in was large and slow moving and rumours started to circulate of a death, eventually of course they were confirmed.
The Swansea knobheads behaved awfully but they should never have taken two police horses down that lane, there was no room, it was crazy. They should have sent the riot police down swinging their batons to clear it, anyone who copped a baton across the back would soon have moved.
Terry used to stand close to us on the North bank, I've never been a hooligan and I really don't miss those days.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 12:25 - Nov 3 with 2696 views_

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 23:46 - Nov 2 by Loyal

Same here Chris, it was a somewhat eventful day.
Couldn't believe the news regards Terry Coles.
Hundreds didn't get in that day. Not sure many if any had tickets.

I remember being pinned to the floor face first getting cuffed with my mate shouting "get his ticket, get his ticket" and then him rifling my back pocket for it

Upon my release hours later it was too late to go home so we went out in Sheffield that night. Nobody had a clue about poor Terry until the following morning when we went around to a hotel the older boys were in. I couldn't believe it. We made a detour back to Millmoor and laid some flowers. Very sad.

Was also at the 1988 play off semi final in Rotherham when we drew up there 1-1 with McCarthy scoring a half volley (we later went on to beat Torquay over 2 legs (5-4)

And at Martinez' first ever managerial game in 2007 on a freezing cold Tuesday night.

Hard yards... pricks like Icecoldjack wouldn't have a clue.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 12:35 - Nov 3 with 2679 viewsDarran

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 12:25 - Nov 3 by _

I remember being pinned to the floor face first getting cuffed with my mate shouting "get his ticket, get his ticket" and then him rifling my back pocket for it

Upon my release hours later it was too late to go home so we went out in Sheffield that night. Nobody had a clue about poor Terry until the following morning when we went around to a hotel the older boys were in. I couldn't believe it. We made a detour back to Millmoor and laid some flowers. Very sad.

Was also at the 1988 play off semi final in Rotherham when we drew up there 1-1 with McCarthy scoring a half volley (we later went on to beat Torquay over 2 legs (5-4)

And at Martinez' first ever managerial game in 2007 on a freezing cold Tuesday night.

Remember Forest away?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 16:37 - Nov 3 with 2473 viewsLoyal

Rotherham fans reminiscing over the game in 2000 on 12:25 - Nov 3 by _

The Torquay away game was a raw weekend mate, so many of us, it was seriously badly organised, but then what can you do when thousands turn up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024