Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? 12:17 - Nov 2 with 3531 viewsBrynCartwright

So the Bank of England want public nominations for a scientist to adorn the new plastic £50 note.

Enter your nominations here:-

https://app.keysurvey.co.uk/f/1348443/10fc/

I went for Stephen Hawking. Bit obvious but at least relevant. They will probably select some petticoated Victorian lass I've never heard of because of gender imbalance.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:21 - Nov 2 with 2439 viewsDr_Winston

Heinz Wolff. Not British. Don't care.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:28 - Nov 2 with 2426 viewsomarjack

Neil deGrasse Tyson (when Brexit collapses/ UK adapts the Euro and the ultra-nationalist project collapses)

That'll trigger many.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 12:29]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:49 - Nov 2 with 2397 viewsMo_Wives

I'll go for Hawking...but I want this image...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:49 - Nov 2 with 2396 viewsMo_Wives

Or this...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:50 - Nov 2 with 2394 viewsMo_Wives

Even this...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:50 - Nov 2 with 2393 viewslondonlisa2001

Rosalind Franklin.

It will be Stephen Hawking though. As soon as it is a public vote, he’s one of the few scientists many people will have heard of, despite most of them having no clue what he actually did other than from seeing the film.

Alan Turing would also be a good choice.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:52 - Nov 2 with 2379 viewsHighjack

Charles Babbage?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:25 - Nov 2 with 2341 viewsjackportis

I for sure think that we should celebrate our first Muslim note. Muhammad al-idrisi for example. This for sure would promote further our recognition of our proud diverse culture. If nominated I would challenge the Bank of England why they are declining!

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Login to get fewer ads

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:30 - Nov 2 with 2331 viewslondonlisa2001

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:25 - Nov 2 by jackportis

I for sure think that we should celebrate our first Muslim note. Muhammad al-idrisi for example. This for sure would promote further our recognition of our proud diverse culture. If nominated I would challenge the Bank of England why they are declining!

They would decline presumably on grounds of not meeting one of the three specified criteria.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:52 - Nov 2 with 2310 viewsHighjack

I know he’s not dead yet but we should honour professor brian cox for his services to keyboarding for D-Ream and playing Hannibal Lecter so well in Manhunt.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:56 - Nov 2 with 2300 viewsMo_Wives

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:52 - Nov 2 by Highjack

I know he’s not dead yet but we should honour professor brian cox for his services to keyboarding for D-Ream and playing Hannibal Lecter so well in Manhunt.

What about Gaz Top or his mate Fred? They were always doing science.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:57 - Nov 2 with 2298 viewsHumpty

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 14:00 - Nov 2 with 2296 viewsMo_Wives

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:57 - Nov 2 by Humpty

ECB?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 2290 viewsHighjack

“We are men of science”

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 16:03 - Nov 2 with 2247 viewsmonmouth

Only one contender. Got to have pussy with a £50 note

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 2234 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Serious nominations probably won't go far beyond Hawking or Patrick Moor (wasn't Astrology one of the criteria?).
Wouldn't be surprised to see Boaty McBoat Face get a few nominations too.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:12 - Nov 2 with 2200 viewsyescomeon

Has to be Newton. But Hawkins is surely a contender.

Upthecity!

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:14 - Nov 2 with 2198 viewsProfessor

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:50 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

Rosalind Franklin.

It will be Stephen Hawking though. As soon as it is a public vote, he’s one of the few scientists many people will have heard of, despite most of them having no clue what he actually did other than from seeing the film.

Alan Turing would also be a good choice.

I nominated Franklin along with Francis Crick and Maurice Wilkins.Revisionism in science has rather venerated Rosalind Franklin as a great female hero at the expense of Wilkins in particular. Sadly, her untimely death meant we never really knew if she was a great scientist or not. She was certainly a skilled crystallographer but the management of the MRC unit by John Randall was poor which meant Franklin thought she was an independent scientist and Wilkins that she was part of his research team. Thankfully the dreadful racist and misogynist James Watson is both alive and American so won't join the others.

The elucidation of the structure of DNA and the triplet codon was the biggest advance of the 20th century in biology made between Cambridge and KCL and should be recognised. I am somewhat biased as Maurice Wilkins taught me in the 1980s.

Alan Turing would be my second choice
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:24 - Nov 2 with 2194 viewsLohengrin

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:14 - Nov 2 by Professor

I nominated Franklin along with Francis Crick and Maurice Wilkins.Revisionism in science has rather venerated Rosalind Franklin as a great female hero at the expense of Wilkins in particular. Sadly, her untimely death meant we never really knew if she was a great scientist or not. She was certainly a skilled crystallographer but the management of the MRC unit by John Randall was poor which meant Franklin thought she was an independent scientist and Wilkins that she was part of his research team. Thankfully the dreadful racist and misogynist James Watson is both alive and American so won't join the others.

The elucidation of the structure of DNA and the triplet codon was the biggest advance of the 20th century in biology made between Cambridge and KCL and should be recognised. I am somewhat biased as Maurice Wilkins taught me in the 1980s.

Alan Turing would be my second choice

What about Alfred Russel Wallace? Handy bloody Neath boy you are!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:31 - Nov 2 with 2178 viewsHighjack

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 16:16 - Nov 2 by AustinIsOurHero

Serious nominations probably won't go far beyond Hawking or Patrick Moor (wasn't Astrology one of the criteria?).
Wouldn't be surprised to see Boaty McBoat Face get a few nominations too.

Astrology is definitely a real science, it’s a shame Mystic Meg isn’t dead yet as she’d be a shoe in for the 50 quid gig.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:35 - Nov 2 with 2177 viewsLohengrin

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 13:56 - Nov 2 by Mo_Wives

What about Gaz Top or his mate Fred? They were always doing science.

What about Kelly le Brock? She was Science to most boys in the ‘80s, even if she does look a bit ‘Weird’ now...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:41 - Nov 2 with 2170 viewsHighjack

My nomination goes towards James Watt and Matthew Boulton who were pivotal in the advancement of steam technology.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 18:56 - Nov 2 with 2122 viewstheloneranger

In no particular order ...

Timothy John Berners-Lee

Alexander Fleming

Rosalind Franklin

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 19:29 - Nov 2 with 2105 viewsLeonWasGod

Wallace. He was better than Gromit and did something about species and evolution. He'd have loved pikey.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 19:50 - Nov 2 with 2090 viewsGowerjack

Alan Turing.

Obviously.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024