Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Super League 19:02 - Nov 2 with 11207 viewslonglostjack

Within 3 years. To be made up of 16 teams. Breaking news.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

European Super League on 19:16 - Nov 2 with 7343 viewscrix

its been coming for a long time, tbh im more surprised its taken them this long to get it going. will be the end of the premier league as we know it now in terms of how much money is pumped into it without the 'big' clubs being there.
European Super League on 19:19 - Nov 2 with 7326 viewssainthelens

How would that work? Playing just 30 league games a season?
European Super League on 19:21 - Nov 2 with 7311 viewsLeonWasGod

we'll be in it and Dyer and Routs will get 4 year contract extensions. You heard it here first
European Super League on 19:23 - Nov 2 with 7300 viewspencoedjack

European Super League on 19:16 - Nov 2 by crix

its been coming for a long time, tbh im more surprised its taken them this long to get it going. will be the end of the premier league as we know it now in terms of how much money is pumped into it without the 'big' clubs being there.

Good

Way to much money & greed in the game these days

The 5 (& Spurs) mentioned have a monopoly on the top 6 places anyway (with the exception of the Leicester miracle)
European Super League on 19:24 - Nov 2 with 7298 viewslonglostjack

Bayern and Manure the drivers apparently.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

European Super League on 19:34 - Nov 2 with 7231 viewsJack59

It's bound to expand into 2 or 3 divisions as well in 5 years or so, with the top 6 in England all involved.
Hopefully now the Yanks will be gone in the next couple of years.
European Super League on 19:34 - Nov 2 with 7231 viewsairedale

Wonder where the dosh will come from?

Will there be relegation from it?

If there is relegation, and say that the relegated team is Spanish, will said team be replaced by a team from La Liga?

Lots of Qs pertaining to it I reckon.
European Super League on 19:35 - Nov 2 with 7227 viewsWingstandwood

European Super League on 19:34 - Nov 2 by airedale

If there is relegation, and say that the relegated team is Spanish, will said team be replaced by a team from La Liga?

Relegation? No I assume!

Quote from Daily Mail:

"Attached to the document sent to Madrid president Florentino Perez was the draft of a 13-page ‘binding term sheet’ of the 11 European top clubs for the establishment of a Super League, stating that the Champions League would cease to exist by 2021.

It reportedly says the 11 ‘founders’ of the ‘European Super League’ would ‘not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years’."

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

European Super League on 19:37 - Nov 2 with 7213 viewscrix

European Super League on 19:23 - Nov 2 by pencoedjack

Good

Way to much money & greed in the game these days

The 5 (& Spurs) mentioned have a monopoly on the top 6 places anyway (with the exception of the Leicester miracle)

agreed, and lets face it this whole super league thing is about plundering money for those few clubs who are in it.
i bet daniel levy is cacking himself right now if spuds arent included after spending all that money on their new stadium. plus theres also going to be a lot of other seriously pissed off premier league club chairmen.
European Super League on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 7191 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6347353/
European Super League on 19:44 - Nov 2 with 7182 viewspencoedjack

European Super League on 19:37 - Nov 2 by crix

agreed, and lets face it this whole super league thing is about plundering money for those few clubs who are in it.
i bet daniel levy is cacking himself right now if spuds arent included after spending all that money on their new stadium. plus theres also going to be a lot of other seriously pissed off premier league club chairmen.

Aye I can imagine Levy being pretty p issed off
European Super League on 19:46 - Nov 2 with 7178 viewsWingstandwood

European Super League on 19:37 - Nov 2 by crix

Aye, and also the death of the traditional supporter matchday experience for many clubs followers.

Gone will be the match days of playing against a local rival or two in a Derby game, gone will be the excitement of relegation threatened teams fighting for their survival on a end of season run-in and last day of the season, gone will be coach rides/train journeys up and down the country. etc.

It's gonna be quite a change!

Argus!

European Super League on 19:49 - Nov 2 with 7163 viewsPrivate_Partz

European Super League on 19:35 - Nov 2 by Wingstandwood

Relegation? No I assume!

Quote from Daily Mail:

"Attached to the document sent to Madrid president Florentino Perez was the draft of a 13-page ‘binding term sheet’ of the 11 European top clubs for the establishment of a Super League, stating that the Champions League would cease to exist by 2021.

It reportedly says the 11 ‘founders’ of the ‘European Super League’ would ‘not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years’."

That last bit is interesting. No promotion to or relegation from. Just 16 privileged teams that were there from the off.
I think if that lot kicks in then it will be the end of my support for the beautiful game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

European Super League on 19:50 - Nov 2 with 7155 viewsdobjack2

Tv money from uk, Spain Germany etc.

However I suspect and hope that most people won’t give a feck about it.

Relegation will probably be difficult, probably some intricate play off involving clubs that meet their criteria.

Best thing would be if any team leaves its own country’s league, that league refuses to let them back in if they are relegated.

Greedy bustards wanting more and more money.
European Super League on 19:51 - Nov 2 with 7144 viewsexiledclaseboy

Won’t happen. Not in that timescale and in that form anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

European Super League on 19:54 - Nov 2 with 7130 viewscrix

European Super League on 19:46 - Nov 2 by Wingstandwood

Aye, and also the death of the traditional supporter matchday experience for many clubs followers.

Gone will be the match days of playing against a local rival or two in a Derby game, gone will be the excitement of relegation threatened teams fighting for their survival on a end of season run-in and last day of the season, gone will be coach rides/train journeys up and down the country. etc.

It's gonna be quite a change!

it wouldnt surprise me if this is the first stage before turning into an nfl type scenario where these clubs become franchises and start moving around europe (and further afield) depending on which cities offer them huge amounts of money to play there.
European Super League on 19:54 - Nov 2 with 7129 viewsplasjack

From the riches of the P/L to the mega money of the 16 teams, it will never happen.
European Super League on 19:57 - Nov 2 with 7124 viewsWingstandwood

European Super League on 19:49 - Nov 2 by Private_Partz

That last bit is interesting. No promotion to or relegation from. Just 16 privileged teams that were there from the off.
I think if that lot kicks in then it will be the end of my support for the beautiful game.

It would end up a soulless experience being a supporter in a league where winning the title seems to be the only excitement/thing in town. No relegation fight passion and excitement to be seen. And I wonder what would happen to the FA Cup (and other European cups?) if a team no longer belongs to the Football Association. I wonder about European qualification? No need I presume because the teams are already in European team competition to start with?

Argus!

European Super League on 20:02 - Nov 2 with 7087 viewsJackfath

Why would fans of Swansea City be bothered about this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

European Super League on 20:07 - Nov 2 with 7069 viewsWingstandwood

European Super League on 20:02 - Nov 2 by Jackfath

Fair point, I do wonder what our American owners and the U.S portfolio clique-membership would think if a return to a money-spinning Premier League division jumps from outside chance to absolute 100% zero?

Argus!

European Super League on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 7052 viewscrix

as much as i detest the big clubs in the premier league, if/when we get back into it playing those clubs and beating them always made for a great day so without them being in it its going to be a much poorer competition imo.
European Super League on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 7040 viewscrix

European Super League on 20:07 - Nov 2 by Wingstandwood

Fair point, I do wonder what our American owners and the U.S portfolio clique-membership would think if a return to a money-spinning Premier League division jumps from outside chance to absolute 100% zero?

their 'investment' now looks way more precarious thats for sure.
European Super League on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 7037 viewsJackfath

European Super League on 20:10 - Nov 2 by crix

as much as i detest the big clubs in the premier league, if/when we get back into it playing those clubs and beating them always made for a great day so without them being in it its going to be a much poorer competition imo.

Wouldn't there be other "big" teams in the top league then? Perhaps we may even (!?!?!) be able to compete at the top table?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

European Super League on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 7030 viewsWingstandwood

European Super League on 20:10 - Nov 2 by crix

And to add to that I reckon SKY money that feeds the PL and gives it all that glitz, glamour and sparkle could end up being either vastly lesser or maybe not at all? Money diverted to European Super League instead?

Argus!

European Super League on 20:14 - Nov 2 with 7024 viewspencoedjack

Why would people who are not interested in a subject bother to comment on it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024