Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More cause for optimism 17:00 - Nov 3 with 6194 viewsGaz_M

Another excellent away display from a group of young lads who will learn a lot from that.

The goalie situation is baffling, but that kind of performance has been missing for a good few years.

Up ah Swans
More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 with 3738 viewsdickythorpe

2 points dropped for me. Another "dominating" performance that ends up without 3 points,
It's going to tell against us in May.
More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 with 3721 viewsBadlands

Not sure they will.
Failing to put away the umpteen chances is unforgivable.
The goalkeeper failing to catch a high ball, failing to receive a bouncing ball and then cooling the forward down is embarrassing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 with 3708 viewsDippy

P off.. all our players are talking about promotion.. that's twice now, we've lost against rubbish.. we're mid table plodder.. as the table suggests..

Poll: Cooper Out

More cause for optimism on 17:04 - Nov 3 with 3703 viewsGaz_M

More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

2 points dropped for me. Another "dominating" performance that ends up without 3 points,

Cheers Captain Obvious.

Why have you put the word dominating in ""?
More cause for optimism on 17:06 - Nov 3 with 3666 viewsdjdancarter

I struggle to share your optimism sorry. Rotherham were atrocious and had we been playing someone half decent it wouldn’t of been that easy. We have absolutely thrown 3 points away today with a team who were there for the taking. First half we played well, but what did we do second half that was worth getting excited about?

Nordfelt is not worth my of the number 1 shirt between him and Mulder. That needs to be addressed because it reminds me of Liverpool’s situation a few months ago.

Decent first half against a team who showed no desire to close down. Nothing else to shout about.
More cause for optimism on 17:06 - Nov 3 with 3648 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 17:04 - Nov 3 by Gaz_M

Cheers Captain Obvious.

Grow up son.
More cause for optimism on 17:08 - Nov 3 with 3615 viewsGaz_M

More cause for optimism on 17:06 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

Grow up son.

Answer the question, dad.
More cause for optimism on 17:10 - Nov 3 with 3600 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 17:08 - Nov 3 by Gaz_M

Answer the question, dad.

You've got minus 2 so far........work it out lad.
Login to get fewer ads

More cause for optimism on 17:10 - Nov 3 with 3593 viewsmajorraglan

Had enough of the game to take all 3 points but blew it. The bounce caught Nordfelt out and his pull on the player was stupid, he could have punched it away but gave a penalty, stupidity.

Very frustrated.
More cause for optimism on 17:11 - Nov 3 with 3580 viewsymaohyd

I hate bull shit threads like this. Football is about winning...end of.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

More cause for optimism on 17:12 - Nov 3 with 3558 viewsJackSomething

More cause for optimism on 17:10 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

You've got minus 2 so far........work it out lad.

Or you could just answer a simple question and look less like a prick...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

More cause for optimism on 17:15 - Nov 3 with 3515 viewsGaz_M

More cause for optimism on 17:11 - Nov 3 by ymaohyd

I hate bull shit threads like this. Football is about winning...end of.

nice opinion MVIII
More cause for optimism on 17:16 - Nov 3 with 3501 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 17:12 - Nov 3 by JackSomething

Or you could just answer a simple question and look less like a prick...

Fighting other people's losing battles eh? What a fool.

Happy with a draw are you? Idiot
More cause for optimism on 17:19 - Nov 3 with 3482 viewsmonmouth

More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

Yes but I'm really not that bothered Dicky, unless you mean we go down, and I don't think that will happen in a million years. I still enjoyed watching us today, right up until that cabbage, sorry, Swede, decided to give them a goal.

I hate the phrase in this managerspeak context but we really are 'work in progress', including our manager. I just hope he does learn. That's Ipswich and this. 6 Points chucked away because of a single pig headed selection for me.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 17:19]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More cause for optimism on 18:08 - Nov 3 with 3342 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We played one of the worst teams in the league and we lost. If that is an excellent away display we'll be in League 1 very soon.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More cause for optimism on 18:10 - Nov 3 with 3337 viewslonglostjack

More cause for optimism on 18:08 - Nov 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We played one of the worst teams in the league and we lost. If that is an excellent away display we'll be in League 1 very soon.

Did you watch the game?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

More cause for optimism on 18:10 - Nov 3 with 3335 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 18:08 - Nov 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you reading Gaz?
More cause for optimism on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 3280 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 17:04 - Nov 3 by Gaz_M

Cheers Captain Obvious.

We dominated the game for 70 minutes. I haven’t seen the possession or passing stats but I’d guess that we had 70% of the ball and the fluidity was plain to see. The off the ball work was also very good. Rotherham on the other hand only had one plan - spoiling hoof ball when in possession and kick lumps when not. We will play considerably worse this season and win.

Potter wasn’t on it today with his game management. Dan James was blowing out of his backside in the second half and Fer wasn’t at the races. To get to 89 minutes before making a sub was quite bizarre.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More cause for optimism on 18:24 - Nov 3 with 3259 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 18:20 - Nov 3 by Cooperman

We dominated the game for 70 minutes. I haven’t seen the possession or passing stats but I’d guess that we had 70% of the ball and the fluidity was plain to see. The off the ball work was also very good. Rotherham on the other hand only had one plan - spoiling hoof ball when in possession and kick lumps when not. We will play considerably worse this season and win.

Potter wasn’t on it today with his game management. Dan James was blowing out of his backside in the second half and Fer wasn’t at the races. To get to 89 minutes before making a sub was quite bizarre.

Are you reading Gaz?
More cause for optimism on 18:24 - Nov 3 with 3255 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 17:19 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Yes but I'm really not that bothered Dicky, unless you mean we go down, and I don't think that will happen in a million years. I still enjoyed watching us today, right up until that cabbage, sorry, Swede, decided to give them a goal.

I hate the phrase in this managerspeak context but we really are 'work in progress', including our manager. I just hope he does learn. That's Ipswich and this. 6 Points chucked away because of a single pig headed selection for me.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 17:19]

Those six points are the difference between second place in the table and ninth.

More cause for optimism on 18:31 - Nov 3 with 3213 viewsjackrabbit

It ain't 'Strictly Come Dancing'. You don't get points for presentation and style, by which I mean possession and passing. A lot of our possession is around our own box and I'd estimate that most of our passes are sideways or backwards. Nothing wrong with sideways or backward passes.....used sparingly. We need more creativity and definitely more goal threat and better finishing. Yes I know - I'm preaching the bleedin' obvious.

But I certainly wasn't as impressed as the OP.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 18:36]
More cause for optimism on 18:33 - Nov 3 with 3187 viewsBrynmill_Jack

More cause for optimism on 18:10 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

Did you watch the game?

Unfortunately he doesn't have to. The scoreline at the final whistle is all that matters.
It's the final 5% we're missing at the moment, the mental strength needed to ruthlessly punish inferior teams. Once the lads come of age (and Potter) on that score we will be a very dangerous side.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

More cause for optimism on 18:34 - Nov 3 with 3188 viewsjack247

More cause for optimism on 18:20 - Nov 3 by Cooperman

I never thought I’d say this, but we desperately need Montero back as a 20/30 minute super sub. Dan James visibly tires around that mark.

Before anyone loses it, I’m not blaming him for that, he sees a lot of the ball and obviously does a lot of sprinting. Bringing Montero on when he reaches that point would be massive.
More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 3 with 3168 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 18:34 - Nov 3 by jack247

I never thought I’d say this, but we desperately need Montero back as a 20/30 minute super sub. Dan James visibly tires around that mark.

Before anyone loses it, I’m not blaming him for that, he sees a lot of the ball and obviously does a lot of sprinting. Bringing Montero on when he reaches that point would be massive.

I completely agree. It’s called strength in depth.

Imagine the mindset of the RB when he sees a tiring Dan James being replaced by Montero.

Keeping him fit is the issue.

More cause for optimism on 18:42 - Nov 3 with 3149 viewsBrynmill_Jack

More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 3 by Cooperman

I completely agree. It’s called strength in depth.

Imagine the mindset of the RB when he sees a tiring Dan James being replaced by Montero.

Keeping him fit is the issue.

Hopefully around 60 -70 minutes during the Bolton game next week we will see both Bony AND Montero ready to replace our tiring CF and winger

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024