Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More cause for optimism 17:00 - Nov 3 with 6230 viewsGaz_M

Another excellent away display from a group of young lads who will learn a lot from that.

The goalie situation is baffling, but that kind of performance has been missing for a good few years.

Up ah Swans
More cause for optimism on 18:58 - Nov 3 with 1406 viewsjack247

More cause for optimism on 18:42 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Hopefully around 60 -70 minutes during the Bolton game next week we will see both Bony AND Montero ready to replace our tiring CF and winger

I get bringing Montero straight in from injury for 20/30 minutes. With Bony, surely he’d be better playing a few games for the U23s first? He’s notoriously slow at building up match fitness.
More cause for optimism on 19:02 - Nov 3 with 1400 viewsSirjohnalot

Just got back from the game.

Sat in the Weatherspoons before the match chatting to the Rotherham supporters, very friendly bunch, very complimentary about Swansea and were worried about what we would do to them today.

Lovely stadium and managed to park 2 minutes walk from the ground.

I thought we were superb today, the passing and the way in which we continually broke through them was outstanding, Roden….what a player, we could and should have won at a canter, but we didn't. We were taking shots, getting them on target but didn't find the back of the net and that is always going to cost us.

The only way that Rotherham were going to score was set pieces and that's exactly what they did. Sadly, it was obvious it was going to happen, seeing all the chances we missed. I've no idea if they were penalties or not as I was 100m down the other end but, they scored we didn't. Had we taken our many chances, we'd have been out of sight.

We are a young, exciting side, playing great football. Cannot criticise them at all, I enjoyed the game, thought the Swansea support was fantastic all the way through, did not stop singing and loved the way the team came over to thank the supporters at the end.

We do have one or two completely idiotic supporters who for some inexplicable reason was trying to climb over the ramp to fight a home fan after the game and a bizarre woman screaming that 'you're all c***s which was a bit strange, plus a bloke in front of me doing the wker sign at their fans due to them having the audacity to celebrate scoring a goal, but in the main our support was incredible.

Walking back to me car after the game, got chatting to a few more Rotherham fans who couldn't praise us enough, especially Joe and said that we'd played them off the park. As I pointed out, we can play all the pretty football we want, they won.

All in all, we've got a fantastic team here, Potter said its not a quick fix. Hopefully our board will support us in January. Decent striker in and we will destroy this league.

Don't get to watch the Swans much so this is from a fan who is also as neutral as one can be. Really impressed, great side.
More cause for optimism on 19:08 - Nov 3 with 1385 viewsmonmouth

More cause for optimism on 19:02 - Nov 3 by Sirjohnalot

Sat in the Weatherspoons before the match chatting to the Rotherham supporters, very friendly bunch, very complimentary about Swansea and were worried about what we would do to them today.

I thought we were superb today, the passing and the way in which we continually broke through them was outstanding, Roden….what a player, we could and should have won at a canter, but we didn't. We were taking shots, getting them on target but didn't find the back of the net and that is always going to cost us.

The only way that Rotherham were going to score was set pieces and that's exactly what they did. Sadly, it was obvious it was going to happen, seeing all the chances we missed. I've no idea if they were penalties or not as I was 100m down the other end but, they scored we didn't. Had we taken our many chances, we'd have been out of sight.

We are a young, exciting side, playing great football. Cannot criticise them at all, I enjoyed the game, thought the Swansea support was fantastic all the way through, did not stop singing and loved the way the team came over to thank the supporters at the end.

We do have one or two completely idiotic supporters who for some inexplicable reason was trying to climb over the ramp to fight a home fan after the game and a bizarre woman screaming that 'you're all c***s which was a bit strange, plus a bloke in front of me doing the wker sign at their fans due to them having the audacity to celebrate scoring a goal, but in the main our support was incredible.

Walking back to me car after the game, got chatting to a few more Rotherham fans who couldn't praise us enough, especially Joe and said that we'd played them off the park. As I pointed out, we can play all the pretty football we want, they won.

All in all, we've got a fantastic team here, Potter said its not a quick fix. Hopefully our board will support us in January. Decent striker in and we will destroy this league.

Don't get to watch the Swans much so this is from a fan who is also as neutral as one can be. Really impressed, great side.

Reminds me of what Sundo fans said all those years ago. Swansea danced with the beautiful girl all night and went home alone, we took the plain girl home and rogered her brains out. Sometimes it happens. That was bitter today though. 6 points chucked away in the last 5 games, not to mention Villa who, if we'd really gone after them, would have cacked their pants.

Oh well, that's football...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More cause for optimism on 19:16 - Nov 3 with 1373 viewsunion_jack

More cause for optimism on 18:33 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately he doesn't have to. The scoreline at the final whistle is all that matters.
It's the final 5% we're missing at the moment, the mental strength needed to ruthlessly punish inferior teams. Once the lads come of age (and Potter) on that score we will be a very dangerous side.

Unfortunately, it's the final 5% that's the hardest to achieve.

Just look at the Brexit negotiations to understand that. 😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More cause for optimism on 19:16 - Nov 3 with 1372 viewsFireboy2

More cause for optimism on 18:10 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

Did you watch the game?

By his reluctance to answer obviously not

If we keep playing like today we could be in the top 6 AND if we get another striker and central midfielder

We surely wont be as unlucky as we were today
More cause for optimism on 20:35 - Nov 3 with 1317 viewsJackSomething

More cause for optimism on 18:24 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

Are you reading Gaz?

Hilarious that you can't see that Cooperman's post was in agreement with Gaz's more than yours.

Gaz asked why you put dominating in inverted commas. Cooperman stated we dominated the game. Simples.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

More cause for optimism on 20:41 - Nov 3 with 1304 viewsdickythorpe

More cause for optimism on 20:35 - Nov 3 by JackSomething

Hilarious that you can't see that Cooperman's post was in agreement with Gaz's more than yours.

Gaz asked why you put dominating in inverted commas. Cooperman stated we dominated the game. Simples.

Sticking up for your mate yet again? How adorable.
More cause for optimism on 20:56 - Nov 3 with 1284 viewsBadlands

More cause for optimism on 19:16 - Nov 3 by union_jack

Unfortunately, it's the final 5% that's the hardest to achieve.

Just look at the Brexit negotiations to understand that. 😄

Do you know what 5% of Brexit looks like?
Back to 2016 and a deal is 100% or 0%.
If Brexit was a football team it would be Longford AFC.

Part of the problem today was Celina and James going for goal when they had little chance of scoring. 12 attempts but only 4 on target.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

More cause for optimism on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 1254 viewslonglostjack

More cause for optimism on 20:56 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Part of the problem today was Celina and James going for goal when they had little chance of scoring. 12 attempts but only 4 on target.

They aren’t finishers but they’re young. Unfair to criticise probably our best two players today. Did you see the pass Celina supplied to James for our first goal?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

More cause for optimism on 21:36 - Nov 3 with 1231 viewsunion_jack

More cause for optimism on 20:56 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Re the first question, direct it to Theresa May. It is she who says that we're 95% there but the Ireland situation is nowhere near solved!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More cause for optimism on 10:17 - Nov 4 with 1117 viewscontroversial_jack

Rotherham were atrocious. We lost to one of the worse teams I have seen for ages. We are ineffective away from home and it will cost us.
More cause for optimism on 11:29 - Nov 4 with 1079 viewsmonmouth

More cause for optimism on 10:17 - Nov 4 by controversial_jack

Rotherham were atrocious. We lost to one of the worse teams I have seen for ages. We are ineffective away from home and it will cost us.

Aye they lose at home all the time don’t they.

Can you give us some stats on their home record or tell us when their fans all agreed they’d been so unbelievably lucky and played the best team they’d seen for many a day? Just to get some perspective like.

I’m as annoyed as anyone that we didn’t win but we are in a good place and absolutely heading the right way, with the right manager. Of course he will make errors with hindsight, because every other manager out there is perfect. Funny how when he made match winning changes that won the game at Sheffield United (when we won AWAY to the team that was top until yesterday by the way). Sometimes things work sometimes they don’t.

We are in a good place just now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More cause for optimism on 11:44 - Nov 4 with 1070 viewsElmo

Excellent post, bang on (I could've written that verbatim (stood a few yards away from those idiots, who also kicked off near the bus - against fellow swans fans (racism issue apparently)

A striker who can keep up with DJ and decent GK were the main difference.

Superb watching us play progressive possession based sexy stuff, again.
More cause for optimism on 11:54 - Nov 4 with 1062 viewsAguycalledJack

More cause for optimism on 11:44 - Nov 4 by Elmo

Excellent post, bang on (I could've written that verbatim (stood a few yards away from those idiots, who also kicked off near the bus - against fellow swans fans (racism issue apparently)

A striker who can keep up with DJ and decent GK were the main difference.

Superb watching us play progressive possession based sexy stuff, again.

We are playing some great football. So good to watch. Next stage of the process, get the ball in the back of the net more often, but that will come in my view.
More cause for optimism on 11:59 - Nov 4 with 1054 views34dfgdf54

Brilliant post.

Two more windows of Potter getting one or two in, we’ll be a force next season.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 12:00]
More cause for optimism on 15:50 - Nov 4 with 988 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More cause for optimism on 11:59 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

Brilliant post.

Two more windows of Potter getting one or two in, we’ll be a force next season.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 12:00]

How naïve. In two windows time we'll have less money than what we have now. Our squad will be weaker. The longer we stay in this league the harder it will be to bounce back up. Once the parachute money ends we will certainly be no force if we're going to spend within our means.

We were promoted last time on the back of astounding work from Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers, two of the best managers we'll ever have. Even then we just made it via the playoffs, even with the best player in the league in the form of his career.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More cause for optimism on 16:13 - Nov 4 with 967 viewsPrivate_Partz

More cause for optimism on 15:50 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How naïve. In two windows time we'll have less money than what we have now. Our squad will be weaker. The longer we stay in this league the harder it will be to bounce back up. Once the parachute money ends we will certainly be no force if we're going to spend within our means.

We were promoted last time on the back of astounding work from Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers, two of the best managers we'll ever have. Even then we just made it via the playoffs, even with the best player in the league in the form of his career.

I must say I agree with this and I don't do it that often with DYS ;-) No offence meant.
If we feel we are in with a shout then we don't wait for seasons to pass by and build slowly. Anything can happen in football and one certainty is the parachute payments will be reducing.
We don't have to spend stupid money but we need to suppport Harry in this window and go for it if we continue to make a fist of it as the January window approaches.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

More cause for optimism on 16:14 - Nov 4 with 964 views34dfgdf54

More cause for optimism on 15:50 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He’s not going to be getting much money regardless, he’ll be able to get one or two in per window though, whether they are loans or permanent. This squad is still really young, it will only improve.
More cause for optimism on 17:22 - Nov 4 with 911 viewspencoedjack

More cause for optimism on 17:03 - Nov 3 by Dippy

P off.. all our players are talking about promotion.. that's twice now, we've lost against rubbish.. we're mid table plodder.. as the table suggests..

Disagree

We are a very good football team who with a few additions will be promotion candidates

Unfortunately can’t see the Yanks taking the risk in Jan
More cause for optimism on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 882 viewsFlashberryjack

More cause for optimism on 18:33 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately he doesn't have to. The scoreline at the final whistle is all that matters.
It's the final 5% we're missing at the moment, the mental strength needed to ruthlessly punish inferior teams. Once the lads come of age (and Potter) on that score we will be a very dangerous side.

We need a f*cking striker, end of.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 4 with 850 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More cause for optimism on 16:14 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

He’s not going to be getting much money regardless, he’ll be able to get one or two in per window though, whether they are loans or permanent. This squad is still really young, it will only improve.

No it wont improve. Out go Fer, Olsson, Dyer, Routledge, Bony, Monterro etc. In come the likes of Barry Mackay for £500,000 and a bunch of U23 players.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More cause for optimism on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 844 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No it wont improve. Out go Fer, Olsson, Dyer, Routledge, Bony, Monterro etc. In come the likes of Barry Mackay for £500,000 and a bunch of U23 players.

I think you’re spot on with this DYSS. Some people are failing to see that our reboot is only part complete.

Our scouting team now has to work harder than it ever has done in order for us just to standstill.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More cause for optimism on 18:46 - Nov 4 with 837 viewsjasper_T

More cause for optimism on 18:44 - Nov 4 by Cooperman

I think you’re spot on with this DYSS. Some people are failing to see that our reboot is only part complete.

Our scouting team now has to work harder than it ever has done in order for us just to standstill.

Fortunately the scouting team were all sacked (apart from Huw) and Kyle Macaulay has a decent reputation from the work he and Potter did at Ostersunds.
More cause for optimism on 18:49 - Nov 4 with 834 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 18:46 - Nov 4 by jasper_T

Fortunately the scouting team were all sacked (apart from Huw) and Kyle Macaulay has a decent reputation from the work he and Potter did at Ostersunds.

I intentionally didn’t name names. Their work is cut out regardless of who does what these days.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More cause for optimism on 18:53 - Nov 4 with 828 views34dfgdf54

More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So if that’s the case, would you agree Potter doesn’t deserve the stick he’s been getting?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024