Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More cause for optimism 17:00 - Nov 3 with 6223 viewsGaz_M

Another excellent away display from a group of young lads who will learn a lot from that.

The goalie situation is baffling, but that kind of performance has been missing for a good few years.

Up ah Swans
More cause for optimism on 18:58 - Nov 4 with 1005 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 18:53 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

So if that’s the case, would you agree Potter doesn’t deserve the stick he’s been getting?

What do you think about his choice of goalkeeper and yesterday’s game management?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More cause for optimism on 19:01 - Nov 4 with 999 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More cause for optimism on 18:53 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

So if that’s the case, would you agree Potter doesn’t deserve the stick he’s been getting?

From what I can see he's been getting stick for persevering with Nordfelt and for his woeful game management yesterday. I think he deserves stick for both of those points.

His team were show boating as if they were 5-0 up, when in reality it was 1-0 and just one mistake would allow Rotherham back in, which is what happened. Surely he should have stamped that out from the touchline. Then there is the issue with his complete lack of changes until it was far, far too late.

Again, if someone wants to give him stick for those two points I think they're justified.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More cause for optimism on 19:03 - Nov 4 with 996 viewsCooperman

More cause for optimism on 19:01 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

From what I can see he's been getting stick for persevering with Nordfelt and for his woeful game management yesterday. I think he deserves stick for both of those points.

His team were show boating as if they were 5-0 up, when in reality it was 1-0 and just one mistake would allow Rotherham back in, which is what happened. Surely he should have stamped that out from the touchline. Then there is the issue with his complete lack of changes until it was far, far too late.

Again, if someone wants to give him stick for those two points I think they're justified.

Fair comment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More cause for optimism on 19:08 - Nov 4 with 986 viewsLoyal

The positivity from villa away which we shouldn't have lost carried in to the next home games which we won. Saturday again showed we aren't far the best footballing side in the league and with more accuracy and presence will walk it with little or no further investment. When this starts clicking we will be fcking scintillating.

All this picking on individual players just because they have one or two bad games has to stop. It's fcking mental.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

More cause for optimism on 21:09 - Nov 4 with 940 viewsElmo

More cause for optimism on 15:50 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How naïve. In two windows time we'll have less money than what we have now. Our squad will be weaker. The longer we stay in this league the harder it will be to bounce back up. Once the parachute money ends we will certainly be no force if we're going to spend within our means.

We were promoted last time on the back of astounding work from Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers, two of the best managers we'll ever have. Even then we just made it via the playoffs, even with the best player in the league in the form of his career.

Naive and uber negative perspective. Why take such a half-empty stance when the club has delivered so very much ?

Leveraging our heritage of playing the right way on the right budget is the way forward - a sound investment (emotional and financial). Fabulously entertaining stuff being dished up right now, with a keen eye on the financials.

Our manager has the potential to usurp RM/BR's achievements. Optimism is far healthier than constant pessimism. Give it a go
More cause for optimism on 17:16 - Nov 5 with 870 viewsjackrmee

More cause for optimism on 18:38 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No it wont improve. Out go Fer, Olsson, Dyer, Routledge, Bony, Monterro etc. In come the likes of Barry Mackay for £500,000 and a bunch of U23 players.

Your post is almost totally correct. You just have to change the first sentence to "Yes it will improve."
That is the actual plan

You keep on harping on about how it's going to be so much worse when the parachute payments stop. How can it be worse, as we are not spending the payments on players now, so when they stop, we will still not be spending on players, hence it will be the same, not worse....
However, our Barry McKays and U23s with have 2-3 years of learning of GPs tactics, ideas and plans, and experience in playing first team football, hence we will be much better off than now.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

More cause for optimism on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 745 viewsGaz_M

Those performances like this one where we dominated for 80 minutes, and conceded stupidly, but were showing clear progress in developing a more defined playing style are starting to pay off.
More cause for optimism on 19:51 - Jan 19 with 527 viewsGaz_M

As above.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024