Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer 21:16 - Nov 3 with 4134 viewsTNT

Ok, I'll say it, WTF?

Why all the adulation, I don't know.

My benchmark is Robbie James. Played 90 minutes, every week, gave 100%, Great captain, led by example, bossed games ...

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Fer on 21:30 - Nov 3 with 2465 viewsDarran

He’s clearly struggling for fitness it’s not rocket science surely?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fer on 21:35 - Nov 3 with 2445 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 21:30 - Nov 3 by Darran

He’s clearly struggling for fitness it’s not rocket science surely?

A defeat and he gave the penalty away still a very good Championship player.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Fer on 21:37 - Nov 3 with 2437 viewsCatullus

Having the great Robbie james as a benchmark is a tad unrealistic. Fer will never be anything like Robbie and the team around him are much different.

It's like saying Daniel james is ok but my benchmark is Alan Curtis or why the fuss over McBurnie and Latchford is......get my drift?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fer on 21:39 - Nov 3 with 2432 viewslonglostjack

McBurnie gives the ref shit and stupidly gets booked. Where’s the captain? Time to step up Fer.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fer on 21:50 - Nov 3 with 2374 viewsTNT

Fer on 21:37 - Nov 3 by Catullus

Having the great Robbie james as a benchmark is a tad unrealistic. Fer will never be anything like Robbie and the team around him are much different.

It's like saying Daniel james is ok but my benchmark is Alan Curtis or why the fuss over McBurnie and Latchford is......get my drift?

We bought this guy to keep us in The Premier League.

Serial relegation player. Needs to pull his weight.

Fer on 21:51 - Nov 3 with 2368 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 21:50 - Nov 3 by TNT

We bought this guy to keep us in The Premier League.

Serial relegation player. Needs to pull his weight.

Yawn

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Fer on 21:57 - Nov 3 with 2335 viewsTNT

Ok, I'll take Russell Coughlin as my benchmark.

Fer on 22:00 - Nov 3 with 2311 viewsTNT

Fer on 21:51 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

Yawn

Go to bed, and be grateful you didn't travel to Rotherham to watch him.

Login to get fewer ads

Fer on 22:07 - Nov 3 with 2276 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 22:00 - Nov 3 by TNT

He missed a chance and gave away a penalty and is not 100% fit.
There is always a scapegoat after a defeat on here I would rather focus on a very good performance.
But you crack on.

Fer on 22:12 - Nov 3 with 2250 viewshobo

Because we have no-one else....
Fer on 22:13 - Nov 3 with 2245 viewsTNT

Fer on 22:07 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

He missed a chance and gave away a penalty and is not 100% fit.
There is always a scapegoat after a defeat on here I would rather focus on a very good performance.
But you crack on.

You didn't focus on a very good performance. If you want an argument, at least get your facts right.

Fer on 22:14 - Nov 3 with 2243 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fer on 22:00 - Nov 3 by TNT

Hopefully it is just a matter of match fitness but when Fer came on against Reading we seemed very vulnerable through the middle. I think we stumbled upon our best current midfield on current form that started the game (Grimes/Fulton/Celina) and as a unit they were excellent.

Grimes I thought was a revelation and Fulton gave him the back up to provide Celina with a solid platform to orchestrate our play. Fer is a massive physical presence but I wonder if Grimes has a little more on the ball ability and passing range? It's an interesting one to mull over and as I said earlier if that unit had started with Declan John filling in at left back the result may well have been sealed before half time.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fer on 22:17 - Nov 3 with 2227 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 22:13 - Nov 3 by TNT

You didn't focus on a very good performance. If you want an argument, at least get your facts right.

I don't want an argument we played well though and if Fer or Celina had put there chances away we would have been out of sight.

Fer on 22:17 - Nov 3 with 2224 viewsTNT

Fer on 22:14 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Hopefully it is just a matter of match fitness but when Fer came on against Reading we seemed very vulnerable through the middle. I think we stumbled upon our best current midfield on current form that started the game (Grimes/Fulton/Celina) and as a unit they were excellent.

Grimes I thought was a revelation and Fulton gave him the back up to provide Celina with a solid platform to orchestrate our play. Fer is a massive physical presence but I wonder if Grimes has a little more on the ball ability and passing range? It's an interesting one to mull over and as I said earlier if that unit had started with Declan John filling in at left back the result may well have been sealed before half time.

Respect.

Fer on 22:23 - Nov 3 with 2190 viewsCatullus

Fer on 21:57 - Nov 3 by TNT

Ok, I'll take Russell Coughlin as my benchmark.

Or maybe try not setting the benchmark against any better or worse player and judge the current player match by match?
Fer would never have gotten in ahead of Robbie in any division, even if Fer was having his best day. That's my opinion.
Comparing a reasonable Championship player to a club legend will never end well for Fer.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Fer on 22:28 - Nov 3 with 2169 viewslonglostjack

Fer on 22:23 - Nov 3 by Catullus

Or maybe try not setting the benchmark against any better or worse player and judge the current player match by match?
Fer would never have gotten in ahead of Robbie in any division, even if Fer was having his best day. That's my opinion.
Comparing a reasonable Championship player to a club legend will never end well for Fer.

A captain leads by example. Didn’t see that today.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fer on 22:36 - Nov 3 with 2139 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 22:13 - Nov 3 by TNT

Whether it's rated as a good performance is not a fact it's an opinion.

Fer on 22:38 - Nov 3 with 2126 viewsTNT

Daniel James excites me like Curtis, Charlo and James did, when they broke through, tbf.

Fer? Not for me.

Fer on 22:41 - Nov 3 with 2113 viewsCatullus

Fer on 22:28 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

A captain leads by example. Didn’t see that today.

Even a Captain can have an off day. It's not like Fer is a world beater and he's trying to cope with a certain situation in the same was Potter and the rest of the players are. To be fair to Fer, if we had anyone decent and fully fit in that position Fer would still only be training til he was fully match fit.

It's not like we have a shedload of options.

Fer on 22:43 - Nov 3 with 2109 viewsTNT

Fer on 22:36 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

Whether it's rated as a good performance is not a fact it's an opinion.

You're now arguing with yourself pal.

Fer on 22:45 - Nov 3 with 2090 viewsTNT

Fer on 22:41 - Nov 3 by Catullus

Even a Captain can have an off day. It's not like Fer is a world beater and he's trying to cope with a certain situation in the same was Potter and the rest of the players are. To be fair to Fer, if we had anyone decent and fully fit in that position Fer would still only be training til he was fully match fit.

Fer hasn't been good enough since he arrived. Poor signing.

Fer on 22:52 - Nov 3 with 2070 viewsFireboy2

Hes the only one who really puts himself about

And when he doesnt play we are weak as p!ss in midfield

Some people really do not have a clue
Fer on 22:53 - Nov 3 with 2070 viewsthornabyswan

Fer on 22:43 - Nov 3 by TNT

You're now arguing with yourself pal.

No I am not you said you did not focus on a good performance so if you want an argument get your facts right.
What facts are these pal.

Fer on 22:53 - Nov 3 with 2068 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fer on 22:41 - Nov 3 by Catullus

Well we do. We could have played Declan John at left back and started with Grimes as holding MF, Fulton as box to box and Celina pulling the strings. That unit is probably the best balanced one I've seen so far, Grimes has a lot of ability and seems tailor made for that role.

It's all about balance and maybe it's due to fitness but Fer is making the midfield a little unbalanced.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fer on 23:04 - Nov 3 with 2023 viewsLeonWasGod

Fer on 22:12 - Nov 3 by hobo

Because we have no-one else....

Yep. People on the match day thread said he should have come off mid-way through second half. But there was nobody to come on for him without reshaping the team. Maybe Grines back into the middle, but Olsson isn’t fit either. It’s for days like today that Potter wanted another CM.

He’s class (for this league) when on song, but that can’t be all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024