Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr 11:03 - Nov 4 with 8690 views34dfgdf54

Nixon reckons deal for him could happen in January on cheap.

Is he the lad we had on trial? Cracking goal to game ratio but hell of a jump.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:13 - Nov 4 with 6423 viewsHighjack

It’s the same jump Jason Scotland and Stephen Dobbie made.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:14 - Nov 4 with 6415 viewsyescomeon

Great record that. I also agree that it's not that big a jump from the Scottish Championship to the English Championship.

Upthecity!

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:28 - Nov 4 with 6384 viewsicecoldjack

When this type of thing was happening in the prem league it was one thing but now in the championship all options are open.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:25 - Nov 4 with 6293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:13 - Nov 4 by Highjack

It’s the same jump Jason Scotland and Stephen Dobbie made.

Exactly. And the standard is arguably lower now too. Be great to give McBurnie support or a break.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:35 - Nov 4 with 6262 viewsmagicdaps10

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:28 - Nov 4 by icecoldjack

When this type of thing was happening in the prem league it was one thing but now in the championship all options are open.

Agreed.

More scope for a gamble in the championship.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 14:19 - Nov 4 with 6115 viewsmajorraglan

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 11:14 - Nov 4 by yescomeon

Great record that. I also agree that it's not that big a jump from the Scottish Championship to the English Championship.

Not so sure about the comment re gap in standards, tbh, I think the Championship is a strong league and a much tougher challenge than the Scottish equivalent. I watched part of the Celtic Dundee game this week and the standard was very poor.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 22:40]
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 14:40 - Nov 4 with 6071 viewsjasper_T

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 14:19 - Nov 4 by majorraglan

Not so sure about the comment re gap in standards, tbh, I think the Championship is a strong league and a much tougher challenge than the Scottish equivalent. I watched part of the Celtic Dundee game this week and the standard was very poor.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 22:40]

Scottish Championship is sub-League Two fare generally-speaking.

A few of the Falkirk lads found U23s football a bigger challenge.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 14:42]
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 21:08 - Nov 4 with 5735 viewskarnataka

I think anyone with that sort of scoring record clearly has the right time/right place instinct and probably scores more tap-ins than anything else but is totally reliant on good service but now we've got the likes of James, Roberts and others putting decent ball into dangerous areas, who knows, he might just be the sort of player who could capitalise on that. Only one way to find out and it doesn't sound like a big risk. Jamie Vardy was still playing non-league football for Fleetwood when he was 25 and Shankland is still only 23.
Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 22:14 - Nov 9 with 5444 viewsEU5Makaveli

He was actually on trial with us September 2017. Either we are back in for him or the links have just been relayed in the media from that.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 22:15]
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 21:50 - Nov 30 with 5200 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scored 4 (FOUR) for Ayr tonight away at Dundee Utd. I'm beginning to hope we get him now!

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 05:46 - Dec 1 with 4948 viewsLoyal

If it's left to Huw he will be inserting his finger in to his anus and whistling loudly as we speak.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 07:05 - Dec 1 with 4925 viewsbuilthjack

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 21:50 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Scored 4 (FOUR) for Ayr tonight away at Dundee Utd. I'm beginning to hope we get him now!

The price just went up

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 08:06 - Dec 1 with 4877 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 07:05 - Dec 1 by builthjack

The price just went up

Yes, unless Bony goes (unlikely) I can't see us being able to afford him now.

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 10:16 - Dec 1 with 4752 viewsjohnlangy

Disagree completely.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:01 - Dec 1 with 4653 views34dfgdf54

It’s a big jump from the lower half of Scottish Premier to Championship never mind the second tier. It’s worked out in the past though so not overly bothered if we take a punt on this guy.

Midfield is where we need to strengthen though.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 07:06 - Dec 2 with 4407 views3swan

Info that deal could be done in January but Ayr prefer loan back until the end of the season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6451011/Swansea-line-Lawrence
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 08:24 - Dec 5 with 4015 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-linked-j

We have a site in Scotland with work, just outside Ayr, spoke to someone yesterday who knows alot of the players and said that January is very unlikely as he looks to be banging them into the top flight up there, and they don't want to risk losing him while challenging for promotion. Sounds like he's been promised the move in the summer though. Which the article states anyway.

Few more interesting stories to go with it about the player
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 8:27]
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 09:32 - Dec 5 with 3955 viewsBadlands

Kingsley, King, Fulton.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:22 - Dec 5 with 3845 viewsjasper_T

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 09:32 - Dec 5 by Badlands

Kingsley, King, Fulton.

Biabi, Blair.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 21:07 - Dec 15 with 3304 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:22 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

Biabi, Blair.

Two more today

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 2700 views34dfgdf54

Nixon again.

£200k rejected, we have walked away.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:57 - Dec 30 with 2682 viewsdonkonky

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:53 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Nixon again.

£200k rejected, we have walked away.

200k !! And we walk away !!! This will come back to haunt us big time. Not even half of Jenkins salary. What a fckn state were in.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 13:05 - Dec 30 with 2654 viewsomarjack

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:57 - Dec 30 by donkonky

200k !! And we walk away !!! This will come back to haunt us big time. Not even half of Jenkins salary. What a fckn state were in.

tbf..Is Shankland worth much more than that? Maybe with this 200k that we won't spend now, we can redecorate the dressing rooms or something instead.

Who needs a non-league level striker anyway, we have Baker-Richardson for that purpose I thought. No need to throw half a million on nobodies, our squad is filled with those.

If we should spend, we should spend big, and I'm not saying break the bank, that's crazy. But rather go for decent loanees or spend 5 m etc on players that are worth the money of course.

Instead, we're going after players only the likes of Ipswich and Barnsley would be after, and failing at that as well.

lol..f*ck you Huwie with your "chairman column" load of bollocks.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 2630 views34dfgdf54

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 12:57 - Dec 30 by donkonky

To be honest, is he worth more? It’s a risk.
Lawrence Shankland - Ayr on 13:13 - Dec 30 with 2618 viewsdonkonky

Is he worth 200k?...maybe..maybe not but the guy knows how to score goals and for me it’s a no brainier-give him a go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024