Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game 15:06 - Nov 4 with 2480 viewstheloneranger

You can spot them in any pub or club, and are becoming a future epidemic for the NHS!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/drugs-rugby-very-welsh-prob

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:00 - Nov 4 with 2422 viewscontroversial_jack

It's nothing new.Ever wonder why Rugby players are so improbably muscular and huge?
Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:05 - Nov 4 with 2410 viewsCooperman

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:00 - Nov 4 by controversial_jack

It's nothing new.Ever wonder why Rugby players are so improbably muscular and huge?

Which of course does not make it right.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:06 - Nov 4 with 2410 viewsdickythorpe

20 years ago it was rife and it still is today. The beard and tattoos are more recent.
It's causing huge personality disorders as well.
Years ago you'd have a laugh and a cracking night after a game.
Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:57 - Nov 4 with 2345 viewsWingstandwood

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 16:06 - Nov 4 by dickythorpe

20 years ago it was rife and it still is today. The beard and tattoos are more recent.
It's causing huge personality disorders as well.
Years ago you'd have a laugh and a cracking night after a game.

It has gone absolutely bonkers!.... it has jumped from a guy talking a single steroid dose (that was bad enough) to the taking/dosage (called stacking) of multiple different steroids. Many can remember decades back when the only people who took steroids tended to be from Gold's Gym U.S.A or way outside from backwater Wales.

Gone are the days of a drug free 'natural' having the sheer bottle, guts and natural aggression to walk into a squat rack to do a (5 set x 20-rep) free-weight 'widowmaker' routine.....Welcome to the age of the 'cocktail-hero' pumped full of synthetic testosterone fuelled aggression-rage and chemically enhanced '4-carbon-ringed' bravery.....Without the gear Wine St, The Kingsway and Rugby clubs would witness many more an ineffectual, meek willed and psychologically utterly frail Joe Average

Oh, and then if that wasn't enough? There's Human Growth Hormone, Human Insulin, IGF1, SARMS, Muscle Site Enhancement Oils (Synthol, Esiclene) Amphetamines, Nubain etc.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 17:13]

Argus!

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 17:00 - Nov 4 with 2342 viewsleighton1318

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexMLowe/status/1057538039717732354

Links to a piece in The Times reporting drug busts among the 16-18 age group in South Africa. Interesting comments below also.

Where there is money, there tends to be cheating ...
Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 20:58 - Nov 4 with 2107 viewsbuilthjack

They say it is widespread

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 06:14 - Nov 5 with 1965 viewsDr_Winston

Rugby full of roided up nutters?

There's a shock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 10:52 - Nov 5 with 1868 viewsHighjack

When men were men.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 13:07 - Nov 7 with 1658 viewsWingstandwood

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 10:52 - Nov 5 by Highjack

When men were men.

Deja Vu i.e. "When men were men".

Ex Neath skipper Kevin Phillips story in today's SWEP page heading in big black print..... "When men were men - certainly at The Gnoll..."

Kevin Phillips does seem rather critical of the modern weight training regime emphasising natural physical and mental toughness by comparison. He has developed my (ex-rugby player) late fathers aversion for 'the-modern-game' also.

Quote Kevin Phillips: (Heading) "Rugby today? It's not for him

“I don’t watch international matches now, it’s gone so boring and is all defence, defence, defence,” says Phillips.
“It’s gasping for somebody to just pick up the ball and go. There’s plenty of room out there — there’s the same number of players as in my day.
“People turn around and tell me there’s not enough room out there but players are over-coached.

Argus!

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 13:18 - Nov 7 with 1636 viewsHighjack

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 13:07 - Nov 7 by Wingstandwood

Deja Vu i.e. "When men were men".

Ex Neath skipper Kevin Phillips story in today's SWEP page heading in big black print..... "When men were men - certainly at The Gnoll..."

Kevin Phillips does seem rather critical of the modern weight training regime emphasising natural physical and mental toughness by comparison. He has developed my (ex-rugby player) late fathers aversion for 'the-modern-game' also.

Quote Kevin Phillips: (Heading) "Rugby today? It's not for him

“I don’t watch international matches now, it’s gone so boring and is all defence, defence, defence,” says Phillips.
“It’s gasping for somebody to just pick up the ball and go. There’s plenty of room out there — there’s the same number of players as in my day.
“People turn around and tell me there’s not enough room out there but players are over-coached.

It’s absolutely turned into a percentages sport where getting a few inches over the gain line and recycling the ball with as little risk as possible until you can get a penalty is the primary goal. Skill is not needed, just power and pace. It’s remarkable how many knock ons there are in the modern game because players simply can’t catch the ball.

I used to love watching rugby but it’s now a complete and utter bore fest when you add the negative tactics, low level of ambition and skill to the constant stoppages every few seconds while someone checks the tv for an hour for a minor infringement. Then they take about ten minutes to set up a scrum and it’s “whoops lads you’re not binding correctly let’s set up the scrum again”.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 13:32 - Nov 7 with 1626 viewsWingstandwood

Drugs, rugby and a very Welsh problem: How steroids infected the game on 13:18 - Nov 7 by Highjack

It’s absolutely turned into a percentages sport where getting a few inches over the gain line and recycling the ball with as little risk as possible until you can get a penalty is the primary goal. Skill is not needed, just power and pace. It’s remarkable how many knock ons there are in the modern game because players simply can’t catch the ball.

I used to love watching rugby but it’s now a complete and utter bore fest when you add the negative tactics, low level of ambition and skill to the constant stoppages every few seconds while someone checks the tv for an hour for a minor infringement. Then they take about ten minutes to set up a scrum and it’s “whoops lads you’re not binding correctly let’s set up the scrum again”.

Oh sooooo bang on!

My father used to go on about the "gain line", it was (during bygone rugby era) wording/terminology he never personally used, prioritised or deemed important... It just seemed to have crept in and become major issue stuff and even rugby commentary became fixated with it. Territory percentage does seem to come way before crossing the white try line.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 16:16]

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024