Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mcclean 17:43 - Nov 4 with 17801 viewsmanseltonsa5

What an absolute disgrace of a man,not only refusing yet again to wear a poppy,but now quoting a Bobby Sands quote about the abuse he was getting from supporters of both Middlesborough and Stoke.Shows what an IRA scum he is
James Mcclean on 22:54 - Nov 4 with 1988 viewsmagicdaps10

James Mcclean on 22:46 - Nov 4 by Kilkennyjack

The poppy is not Englands alone.
Like many others, my own great grandfather died in Flanders.

I support a United Ireland.

I wear a poppy - but i expect others to make their own minds up.
Which, of course, i respect.

I am at ease with the choice, not always but after expanding my mind to the situation, I am now happy for the freedom of choice.

What gets me, refuse and keep quiet on the situation...........you have the choice, give your decision, there is no need to poke the fire as Mclean has done.

The caveman quote from him is unbelievable, contradicting his views and opinion on not wearing a poppy......something that happened how many years ago.

I applaud you Killykenny for wearing a poppy, if you done so in Ireland then that took some balls.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Mcclean on 23:30 - Nov 4 with 1942 viewsswan65split

James Mcclean on 19:49 - Nov 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

If the symbol was a generic recognition of individual sacrifice that included those hundreds from Swansea who gave their lives for our freedom then yes.

There were 10s of thousands of Irish citizens that volunteered during WW2.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 19:53]

Exactly, I visited a French war Grave in the summer, 30,000, all from the 14-18 conflict, there were some graves there from different Countries and Religions,
The Poppy is in respect for those that gave their Tomorrow for our Today.
Some of the Modern Day Tw&ts should remember that,
My own Father was a Regular, and served in North Africa during the 40s, was injured, and probably seen things that kids today would be petrified of,
He gave part of his life for those of Today , I wear and display my Poppy in respect for him and all the others.
what would have happened if Hitler had succeeded?
James Mcclean on 23:48 - Nov 4 with 1926 viewsjackrmee

James Mcclean on 22:22 - Nov 4 by omarjack

There is no such thing as the "Irish view or opinion"

Every person in the world has views and opinions that differ from the views of people from the same family let alone the same country.

Do you think that ALL British or English people give a f*ck about wearing some cheap badge up to show their "patriotism" or whatever it symbolises?

Did McClean disrespect England? Is England defined solely by its army? Because quite honestly, I don't see the relation and the relevance.

Am I obliged by law to like my country's army (or wherever I live at a certain time) because it's "the right thing to do"?

Most importantly..

Is McClean a terrorist sympathiser? Not as far as any of us know.

Does his support for a United Ireland mean that he wants to blow up pubs and buses filled with innocent people to achieve his dream? f*ck no.

Just because some people are fawning over Brexit. It doesn't mean they'd want to hurt innocent people (even if they disagree with them) in order to achieve their political goal. We have no reason to think that JM is any different. Just because you support a cause, it doesn't mean you support killing people for it.

McClean is free to do whatever the f*ck he wants. Forced nationalism is the most common form of fascism. Let him be.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 22:22]

Abso fuking lutely!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

James Mcclean on 05:51 - Nov 5 with 1872 viewsjackal

James Mcclean on 20:41 - Nov 4 by Kilkennyjack

Is the correct answer.

I choose to wear one, the next guy doesn’t and thats his choice.

And the next guy could be Serb NEMANJA MATIC, of course, who also chose to not wear a poppy for ‘personal reasons’.

Is there a thread for every player ?

Didn't know about Matic but maybe it's because he behaved with quiet dignity and respect whereas McClean is openly hostile.

During West Brom's pre-season tour of the States he turned his back on the English flag.

If I felt that strongly and hate-filled about a country I certainly wouldn't go there to live and work.

It's great to have principles, but you have to back them up.
James Mcclean on 06:45 - Nov 5 with 1847 viewsLohengrin

James Mcclean on 18:26 - Nov 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’d not wear a poppy if soldiers from a different country came into my city and killed the locals .

It’s his choice
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 18:32]

The last time I looked Londonderry was in the United Kingdom, Tom.

What do you make of this, while I’m here?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/recruitment-for-brit

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Mcclean on 06:53 - Nov 5 with 1843 viewsLohengrin

Every person in the world has views and opinions that differ from the views of people from the same family let alone the same country.

Do you think that ALL British or English people give a f*ck about wearing some cheap badge up to show their "patriotism" or whatever it symbolises?

Did McClean disrespect England? Is England defined solely by its army? Because quite honestly, I don't see the relation and the relevance.

Am I obliged by law to like my country's army (or wherever I live at a certain time) because it's "the right thing to do"?

Most importantly..

Does his support for a United Ireland mean that he wants to blow up pubs and buses filled with innocent people to achieve his dream? f*ck no.

Just because some people are fawning over Brexit. It doesn't mean they'd want to hurt innocent people (even if they disagree with them) in order to achieve their political goal. We have no reason to think that JM is any different. Just because you support a cause, it doesn't mean you support killing people for it.

McClean is free to do whatever the f*ck he wants. Forced nationalism is the most common form of fascism. Let him be.

”... wearing some cheap badge.”

I can’t decide if you are going out of your way to be deliberately offensive or you really are that stupid?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Mcclean on 07:06 - Nov 5 with 1832 viewsTailGunner

Any individual can do whatever they want in private life....

What I will say is he should have no choice of it being on his kit.
If the club decides to honour the dead of the 2 great wars, including past players, it should be done by all on field representing the club.
I would hope our club would enforce this and drop him for these games if he refused.

Not that I'd want that particular attention seeking rat near our club ....
James Mcclean on 07:26 - Nov 5 with 1810 viewsjackal

James Mcclean on 07:06 - Nov 5 by TailGunner

Any individual can do whatever they want in private life....

What I will say is he should have no choice of it being on his kit.
If the club decides to honour the dead of the 2 great wars, including past players, it should be done by all on field representing the club.
I would hope our club would enforce this and drop him for these games if he refused.

Not that I'd want that particular attention seeking rat near our club ....

It would be best for the team to just not play him for a while.

All this can't be good for team spirit and unity.
Login to get fewer ads

James Mcclean on 07:36 - Nov 5 with 1799 viewswaynekerr55

Forgive my naivety but isn't the poppy a symbol of remembrance of all that fell; a chance to reflect on how flawed the human being is?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

James Mcclean on 07:42 - Nov 5 with 1796 viewsKilkennyjack

James Mcclean on 06:45 - Nov 5 by Lohengrin

The last time I looked Londonderry was in the United Kingdom, Tom.

What do you make of this, while I’m here?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/recruitment-for-brit

The British army lost the right to call Derry ‘Londonderry’ in 1972.
Although in took until 2010 for the British govt to formally apologise for the ‘unjustified’ killings.

‘David Cameron today issued a formal, state apology for the "unjustified and unjustifiable" killing of 14 civil rights marchers by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday in Derry 38 years ago.

The prime minister said Lord Saville inquiry's long-awaited report showed soldiers lied about their involvement in the killings, and that all of those who died were innocent.

He said the inquiry was "absolutely clear" and there were "no ambiguities" about the conclusions.

Cameron told the Commons: "What happened on Bloody Sunday was both unjustified and unjustifiable. It was wrong."

Beware of the Risen People

James Mcclean on 08:00 - Nov 5 with 1777 views34dfgdf54

Most importantly..

<< Most importantly..

Is McClean a terrorist sympathiser?>Not as far as any of us know. >>

Well, yes, he is.

In his statement yesterday he quoted Bobby Sands, who is known as a "IRA Martyr". He tweeted before his favourite song was Broad Black Brimmer, an Irish Republican song. He refused to look towards the English flag when the national anthems were sang before a West Brom friendly in America. The guy is an absolute c*nt end of.
James Mcclean on 08:03 - Nov 5 with 1771 viewsmagicdaps10

James Mcclean on 07:42 - Nov 5 by Kilkennyjack

The British army lost the right to call Derry ‘Londonderry’ in 1972.
Although in took until 2010 for the British govt to formally apologise for the ‘unjustified’ killings.

‘David Cameron today issued a formal, state apology for the "unjustified and unjustifiable" killing of 14 civil rights marchers by British soldiers on Bloody Sunday in Derry 38 years ago.

The prime minister said Lord Saville inquiry's long-awaited report showed soldiers lied about their involvement in the killings, and that all of those who died were innocent.

He said the inquiry was "absolutely clear" and there were "no ambiguities" about the conclusions.

Cameron told the Commons: "What happened on Bloody Sunday was both unjustified and unjustifiable. It was wrong."

There was a lot of things that were wrong during the troubles, some highlighted more than certain others.

Both sides were as bad as others......the one that stands out in my mind, the killing of 2 off duty soldiers.

Time has come and gone, these people should be remembered on both sides, the innocent ones anyway....the only way this can be done is with respect.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Mcclean on 08:05 - Nov 5 with 1765 viewsFireboy2

James Mcclean on 08:03 - Nov 5 by magicdaps10

There was a lot of things that were wrong during the troubles, some highlighted more than certain others.

Both sides were as bad as others......the one that stands out in my mind, the killing of 2 off duty soldiers.

Time has come and gone, these people should be remembered on both sides, the innocent ones anyway....the only way this can be done is with respect.

Well said MD
James Mcclean on 08:25 - Nov 5 with 1738 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 08:03 - Nov 5 by magicdaps10

You don't see off duty soldiers as legitimate targets in an unequal war ?

Was the unarmed civilians in Derry murdered by the Paras in McLean's home town legitimate targets ?

Does the poppy money go to the soldiers fighting for the English Queen go to people that murdered Irish civilians......just asking ?

Oh and I'm Welsh, no Irish or English in my make up, independent you might say.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 11:18]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Mcclean on 08:33 - Nov 5 with 1727 viewsjackrmee

James Mcclean on 08:00 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

<< Most importantly..

Is McClean a terrorist sympathiser?>Not as far as any of us know. >>

Well, yes, he is.

In his statement yesterday he quoted Bobby Sands, who is known as a "IRA Martyr". He tweeted before his favourite song was Broad Black Brimmer, an Irish Republican song. He refused to look towards the English flag when the national anthems were sang before a West Brom friendly in America. The guy is an absolute c*nt end of.

The guys showing hate towards McLean are just as much hypocrites as he is.
He is showing hate towards the English, due to the things the English have done to his country.
You are showing hate towards him because of the way he is acting.

I wonder if any of you guys played in a little friendly match and were asked to face a flag with McLean's mug on and sing along with a song which was about him or his mates, how many of you would turn around and refuse to sing?

Same thing surely.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

James Mcclean on 08:33 - Nov 5 with 1727 views34dfgdf54

James Mcclean on 08:25 - Nov 5 by trampie

You don't see off duty soldiers as legitimate targets in an unequal war ?

Was the unarmed civilians in Derry murdered by the Paras in McLean's home town legitimate targets ?

Does the poppy money go to the soldiers fighting for the English Queen go to people that murdered Irish civilians......just asking ?

Oh and I'm Welsh, no Irish or English in my make up, independent you might say.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 11:18]

Where does the money go?

The Legion currently spends more than £1m a week helping over 130,000 armed forces' dependents, as well as veterans and those bereaved, and is hoping to extend that to 160,000 beneficiaries this year. In 2008, it spent a total of £101.2m; on care services £18.4m, community welfare services £41.6m, Remembrance and ceremonial £3.2m and funds generation £23.9m. The charity says that for every pound raised, 80p goes towards achieving objectives while 6.6p goes on support costs.
James Mcclean on 08:34 - Nov 5 with 1727 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 20:13 - Nov 4 by Fireboy2

And thats what a woman i work with says

And she should know as her dad was in the RUC and was killed by an IRA bomb

Shes a legend and if everyone was like her there would be no more wars

Did they disband them for being like the Gestapo ? or was there some other reason ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Mcclean on 08:40 - Nov 5 with 1720 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 08:33 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

Where does the money go?

The Legion currently spends more than £1m a week helping over 130,000 armed forces' dependents, as well as veterans and those bereaved, and is hoping to extend that to 160,000 beneficiaries this year. In 2008, it spent a total of £101.2m; on care services £18.4m, community welfare services £41.6m, Remembrance and ceremonial £3.2m and funds generation £23.9m. The charity says that for every pound raised, 80p goes towards achieving objectives while 6.6p goes on support costs.

Exactly, a veteran involved in the Bog side massacre could benefit, do you expect McClean to contribute to that ?

James Mcclean on 08:44 - Nov 5 with 1711 viewstrampie

Matic of Man Utd not wearing the poppy on Saturday when his team mates did, sources all over the net, some speculating it has something to do with Brits involved in NATO bombing his people, who knows ?

James Mcclean on 08:47 - Nov 5 with 1701 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 20:52 - Nov 4 by magicdaps10

I must add that I am married to a Irish girl.....that is before anyone mentions anything.

I just dont tolerate ignorance.

Some would say that the ignorance is on your part, lol.

James Mcclean on 08:50 - Nov 5 with 1698 views34dfgdf54

James Mcclean on 08:40 - Nov 5 by trampie

Exactly, a veteran involved in the Bog side massacre could benefit, do you expect McClean to contribute to that ?

The poppy thing isn't a problem.

It's the other things that go with him I can't stand.
James Mcclean on 09:07 - Nov 5 with 1674 viewsFireboy2

James Mcclean on 08:34 - Nov 5 by trampie

Did they disband them for being like the Gestapo ? or was there some other reason ?

Are you for real

My comment was how someone who has been deeply affected by the troubles can move on

Yet you have to have a swipe at the RUC

This friend of mine could have become another IRA hater but like many in NI she chose not to hate,she chose to move on and get on with her life
James Mcclean on 09:19 - Nov 5 with 1657 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 09:07 - Nov 5 by Fireboy2

Are you for real

My comment was how someone who has been deeply affected by the troubles can move on

Yet you have to have a swipe at the RUC

This friend of mine could have become another IRA hater but like many in NI she chose not to hate,she chose to move on and get on with her life

She could have hated the British Government for their involved in Northern Ireland and their policing methods which caused a lot of people to opposite them and as the lady you refer to no doubt knows that resulted in consequences for lots of people.

James Mcclean on 09:21 - Nov 5 with 1652 viewsFireboy2

James Mcclean on 09:19 - Nov 5 by trampie

She could have hated the British Government for their involved in Northern Ireland and their policing methods which caused a lot of people to opposite them and as the lady you refer to no doubt knows that resulted in consequences for lots of people.

Ffs i give up
James Mcclean on 09:33 - Nov 5 with 1635 viewsLoyal

Without good causes there wouldn't be sympathisers of terrorist groups.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024