Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mcclean 17:43 - Nov 4 with 17784 viewsmanseltonsa5

What an absolute disgrace of a man,not only refusing yet again to wear a poppy,but now quoting a Bobby Sands quote about the abuse he was getting from supporters of both Middlesborough and Stoke.Shows what an IRA scum he is
James Mcclean on 19:11 - Nov 5 with 1913 viewsyescomeon

James Mcclean on 15:24 - Nov 5 by jackal

When he deliberately turned his back to the English flag that was a direct insult. Done in America to make a statement. He made his feelings quite clear.

Maybe a dignified silence would be in order.

It wasn't the English flag he was turning his back on, it was the British anthem, which the English use.

Upthecity!

James Mcclean on 19:18 - Nov 5 with 1896 views34dfgdf54

James Mcclean on 19:11 - Nov 5 by yescomeon

It wasn't the English flag he was turning his back on, it was the British anthem, which the English use.

He takes the cash with the queens head smothered all over it though happily.

I understand why he doesn’t wear the poppy, but he’s a pr*ck and no ones ever going to change my opinion on him I’m afraid.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 19:23]
James Mcclean on 19:32 - Nov 5 with 1876 viewsBadlands

James Mcclean on 19:18 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

I understand why he doesn’t wear the poppy, but he’s a pr*ck and no ones ever going to change my opinion on him I’m afraid.

What has that got to do with anything?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

James Mcclean on 19:33 - Nov 5 with 1876 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

James Mcclean on 13:37 - Nov 5 by omarjack

Matic doesn't want to wear the poppy? oh well he has his reasons..

McClean doesn't want to wear the poppy? f*cking c*nt of an IRA terrorist scum etc etc

oh ok.

An estimated £1M Yugoslavs lost their lives in WW2, of these around 400,000 were soldiers.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

James Mcclean on 19:36 - Nov 5 with 1869 viewsyescomeon

James Mcclean on 19:18 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

Good God, you're absolutely right. I'd never argue he wasn't. I just don't think the poppy or flag thing is why he's a prick. I think he's a prick... because he's a prick.

Upthecity!

James Mcclean on 20:13 - Nov 5 with 1836 viewstrampie

Apparently McClean came from the Creggan estate which is where 6 of the 14 unarmed civilians came from that were killed by the British Army in 1972.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Mcclean on 20:35 - Nov 5 with 1811 views34dfgdf54

James Mcclean on 19:32 - Nov 5 by Badlands

What has that got to do with anything?

He can’t stand respectful for the anthem of his employers, supporters of his club, many of his teammates. No one is asking him to sing along.

The guy does it to be in the papers, simple as that.
James Mcclean on 20:42 - Nov 5 with 1800 viewsLeonWasGod

James Mcclean on 20:13 - Nov 5 by trampie

Apparently McClean came from the Creggan estate which is where 6 of the 14 unarmed civilians came from that were killed by the British Army in 1972.

Correct. He does shed loads of charity work in Derry too apparently, so I think his ties to home are really strong and his beliefs are genuine (not a TV publicity stunt, as mentioned above).

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and all that. Even if he does come across as an angry little tosser.
Login to get fewer ads

James Mcclean on 20:44 - Nov 5 with 1794 viewsexiledclaseboy

So how about we all agree that McLean seems to be a bit of a tw@t but the decision on whether he wears a poppy is his and his alone.

Then we can lock this thread and unlock it in 12 months to save us doing it all again because Mcleanpoppygate is now a highly tedious annual event.

Poll: Tory leader

James Mcclean on 20:45 - Nov 5 with 1791 views34dfgdf54

James Mcclean on 20:42 - Nov 5 by LeonWasGod

Correct. He does shed loads of charity work in Derry too apparently, so I think his ties to home are really strong and his beliefs are genuine (not a TV publicity stunt, as mentioned above).

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and all that. Even if he does come across as an angry little tosser.

No I think he means everything he says, but he loves the publicity that comes with it.

Tweeting IRA songs, disrespecting the British anthem, the list goes on.
James Mcclean on 20:45 - Nov 5 with 1790 viewstrampie

Welsh Swans fan Jaco comments on Matic and makes reference to carpet-chewing BritNat loony and swivel-eyed Brit Nat loonies, lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Mcclean on 20:47 - Nov 5 with 1783 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 20:42 - Nov 5 by LeonWasGod

Yip.

James Mcclean on 20:49 - Nov 5 with 1775 viewsLeonWasGod

James Mcclean on 20:45 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

No I think he means everything he says, but he loves the publicity that comes with it.

Tweeting IRA songs, disrespecting the British anthem, the list goes on.

Well yes, he does buy into this whole 'look at me' social media crap, I agree there. And yep, he's certainly against us Brits.

I'm with Classe, let's all agree he's an angry little c*nt and move on
James Mcclean on 21:40 - Nov 5 with 1731 viewsjackrmee

James Mcclean on 19:11 - Nov 5 by yescomeon

I'd turn my back on that shower of sh!t as well

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

James Mcclean on 01:49 - Nov 6 with 1619 viewsEbo

Now this is a real prick https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/nazi-grandad-regrets-swastika-tat

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

James Mcclean on 05:48 - Nov 6 with 1591 viewsjackal

James Mcclean on 20:13 - Nov 5 by trampie

He now lives in England where IRA bombers blew up how many unarmed civilians?
James Mcclean on 06:22 - Nov 6 with 1579 viewsQuincy999

I do wonder about the mentality of people who get angry over someone else not wearing a poppy. Live and let live I say. Although I agree that the media seem to have a reminder in their calender to bring this old chesnut up every year and wind up some people.
James Mcclean on 08:20 - Nov 6 with 1539 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 05:48 - Nov 6 by jackal

He now lives in England where IRA bombers blew up how many unarmed civilians?

Cause and effect, look at nearly all conflicts and wars, Britain in WW2 being an example.

James Mcclean on 08:57 - Nov 6 with 1516 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 01:49 - Nov 6 by Ebo

Now this is a real prick https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/nazi-grandad-regrets-swastika-tat

Brit Nats love the Nazi's and the right wing and the Zionists.
When they have their jack boot on the throat of others they treat them as second class citizens and exploit those people and their resources and take their land, when the others get the upper hand they give everybody equal rights, you couldn't make it up.

Football fans in the UK were more political a few decades back, look at Glasgow Rangers, Linfield and Chelsea on the one hand and where their sympathies lie and then on the other hand the causes that many Glasgow Celtic fans follow.

You would expect Swansea being Welsh, working class, etc to be supportive of anti imperialist and left wing causes but due to migration and influences from across the Severn we have even seen a union jack in the home end at the new Vetch [In a football sense as someone that was about when football was more political and partisan i despair to see a flag that rightly or wrongly is a symbol of English right wing extremism in the Swansea end, when we would have opposed what the likes of Rangers, Linfield and Chelsea stood for at one time].

The Vetch back in the day was more intimidating for the opposition because of a them and us type scenario going on, at the Liberty its more of a friendly less partisan, less tribal lack of atmosphere situation going on, it might be a consequence of movement of people, nothing wrong with that but the dynamics have definitely changed.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 9:01]

James Mcclean on 09:03 - Nov 6 with 1507 viewstrampie

As they used to sing on the North Bank in the 70s and 80s ''We'll keep the Welsh flag flying high''.

James Mcclean on 09:19 - Nov 6 with 1485 viewsBloodyhills

I think Mcclean is a horrible cvnt of a player and deserves abuse for that but it should be up to the individual whether they want to wear a poppy or not.

It seems to have become a competition about who can show how much better and patriotic they are than others and it seems to me the loudest bleaters about non-poppy wearers are people who have never got anywhere near serving their country and putting their lives on the line.

For the record I am an ex squady and wear a poppy as a mark of respect for all killed and injured in war.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

James Mcclean on 09:45 - Nov 6 with 1456 viewsBadlands

James Mcclean on 08:57 - Nov 6 by trampie

Brit Nats love the Nazi's and the right wing and the Zionists.
When they have their jack boot on the throat of others they treat them as second class citizens and exploit those people and their resources and take their land, when the others get the upper hand they give everybody equal rights, you couldn't make it up.

Football fans in the UK were more political a few decades back, look at Glasgow Rangers, Linfield and Chelsea on the one hand and where their sympathies lie and then on the other hand the causes that many Glasgow Celtic fans follow.

You would expect Swansea being Welsh, working class, etc to be supportive of anti imperialist and left wing causes but due to migration and influences from across the Severn we have even seen a union jack in the home end at the new Vetch [In a football sense as someone that was about when football was more political and partisan i despair to see a flag that rightly or wrongly is a symbol of English right wing extremism in the Swansea end, when we would have opposed what the likes of Rangers, Linfield and Chelsea stood for at one time].

The Vetch back in the day was more intimidating for the opposition because of a them and us type scenario going on, at the Liberty its more of a friendly less partisan, less tribal lack of atmosphere situation going on, it might be a consequence of movement of people, nothing wrong with that but the dynamics have definitely changed.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 9:01]

Was Swansea particularly 'Welsh' in the past?
I'm not sure it was other than when supporting sport.
My family always referred disparagingly to people further out than Fforestfach and Lansamlet as Shwns. And the old man told me to avoid Welsh speakers and nationalists.
I think I only started really identifying myself as Welsh when I went to work in the Midlands and routinely suffered abuse from the master race.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 9:47]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

James Mcclean on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 1448 viewsTailGunner

James Mcclean on 09:45 - Nov 6 by Badlands

My family always referred disparagingly to people further out than Fforestfach and Lansamlet as Shwns. And the old man told me to avoid Welsh speakers and nationalists.
I think I only started really identifying myself as Welsh when I went to work in the Midlands and routinely suffered abuse from the master race.

Always found Swansea Proudly Welsh & British (City & Football Club).
Remember well the union jack coloured pavements throughout the Sandfields in 77 & 82, and street parties everywhere for the silver jubilee, royal wedding etc.

Also there always a huge military take up from our area.
You can be proud to be both.
James Mcclean on 10:00 - Nov 6 with 1441 viewstrampie

James Mcclean on 09:45 - Nov 6 by Badlands

That is my take as well Badlands, but it was more 'Welsh' then than it is now and that is my point as regards sport.

James Mcclean on 12:01 - Nov 6 with 1393 viewsjackrmee

James Mcclean on 09:54 - Nov 6 by TailGunner

Always found Swansea Proudly Welsh & British (City & Football Club).
Remember well the union jack coloured pavements throughout the Sandfields in 77 & 82, and street parties everywhere for the silver jubilee, royal wedding etc.

Also there always a huge military take up from our area.
You can be proud to be both.

I'm ashamed to be British to be quite honest. The way we and the Americans are treating and have treated the world is appalling.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024