Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. 12:23 - Nov 5 with 4366 viewsjackrmee

Great news and reward for DJ's recent form.
Connor obviously the main man there already.

Cue the moaners who will start saying that it's not good for James to be travelling with Wales. He is better off at home in case GP forgets about him

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/james-lands-wales-call

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:23 - Nov 5 with 3168 views34dfgdf54

I think it's disgraceful Rodon hasn't been selected to be honest.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:26 - Nov 5 with 3155 viewsjackrmee

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:23 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

I agree he should have been in. Bet he's gutted.
But there will be people on here saying it's better for him that he's not going and he should be happy and that GP will be happy. People are mental.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:27 - Nov 5 with 3145 views34dfgdf54

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:26 - Nov 5 by jackrmee

But there will be people on here saying it's better for him that he's not going and he should be happy and that GP will be happy. People are mental.

Yeah I don't really understand that.

It's brilliant to see so many players in Welsh squad either with Swansea, or players who have been brough through by us. I include Ash Williams in that also.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:29 - Nov 5 with 3139 viewsScottishEddie

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:23 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

You need to relax disgraced at james mclean disgraced at this, take a day off bro.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:30 - Nov 5 with 3136 viewsTaliesin

Hardly disgraceful. He'll get his chance
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:33 - Nov 5 with 3126 viewsTenbySwan

Sad that Joe has not been included.

Giggs has included a young centre half from Anderlecht James Lawrence who most, myself included have never heard of
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:40 - Nov 5 with 3106 viewsItchySphincter

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:26 - Nov 5 by jackrmee

He's a handful of games in to his first season as a pro. There's plenty of time. Even if he is disappointed it's not a reflection on him or his form, there's others ahead of him at the moment, that's all.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:42 - Nov 5 with 3102 viewsItchySphincter

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:33 - Nov 5 by TenbySwan

Giggs has included a young centre half from Anderlecht James Lawrence who most, myself included have never heard of

You've never heard of him?

Maybe Giggs shouldn't have selected him then ...........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:49 - Nov 5 with 3075 viewsScottishEddie

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:42 - Nov 5 by ItchySphincter

You beat me to it
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 12:49]

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 13:14 - Nov 5 with 2992 viewsmajorraglan

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:30 - Nov 5 by Taliesin

Hardly disgraceful. He'll get his chance

Down arrowed by mistake-apologies.

I am a bit surprised Rodon hasn’t been picked, but as you said he is young and if he sustains his current development he will have a bright future ahead.

In terms of Lawrence, he’s a new one on me. He was with Aresenal and QPR as a very young player and his family moved to Holland and he played there a while. Interesting background, let’s hope he does ok.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lawrence_(footballer)
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 13:14 - Nov 5 with 2990 viewsjasper_T

If you can't see the difference between James' status in our squad now compared to the last international break you're thicker than I thought. Ipswich was just one great game and he was left out of Potter's first starting lineup after the break. Now he's got a hatful of assists and is clear first choice in his favoured position.

He also missed the final game of U21s qualifying (the last competitive game he was eligible for in the age group) to do a training session and not even sit on the bench in Ireland.

Hope he gets a game against Albania.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 13:28 - Nov 5 with 2961 viewshobo

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:33 - Nov 5 by TenbySwan

He's not even that young, 26. Maybe he just wants a closer look at him though
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 13:44 - Nov 5 with 2900 viewsTenbySwan

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:42 - Nov 5 by ItchySphincter

That's a bit sarcy.

I just said I hadn't bloody heard of him and looking online everyone had to Google him to find out who he was. Giggs us entitled to pick him.

Get back in your box.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 14:12 - Nov 5 with 2851 views34dfgdf54

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 12:29 - Nov 5 by ScottishEddie

You need to relax disgraced at james mclean disgraced at this, take a day off bro.

I'm not your "bro" thankfully.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 14:41 - Nov 5 with 2795 viewsBytholWyn

Great to have Dan in the squad alongside Connor. Although it's only a matter of time before Joe gets in the squad as well I still find it hard to understand why Tom Lockyear was selected ahead of him. Lockyear plays for League One Bristol Rovers, who are currently one place above the relegation zone. I'd like to hear the rationale for this selection.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 14:47 - Nov 5 with 2784 viewsnantywatcher

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 14:41 - Nov 5 by BytholWyn

Great to have Dan in the squad alongside Connor. Although it's only a matter of time before Joe gets in the squad as well I still find it hard to understand why Tom Lockyear was selected ahead of him. Lockyear plays for League One Bristol Rovers, who are currently one place above the relegation zone. I'd like to hear the rationale for this selection.

Once in a while a good player might be playing in a poor team - it has happened!
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:00 - Nov 5 with 2760 viewsAlf6

They are friendly international. An opportunity to assess different plays.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:09 - Nov 5 with 2741 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:00 - Nov 5 by Alf6

They are friendly international. An opportunity to assess different plays.

by that logic, Rodon should have been selected. What's left to assess with Ashley Williams, he's passed it.

Mepham & Rodon are our future central partnership.

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:12 - Nov 5 with 2737 viewsBytholWyn

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 14:47 - Nov 5 by nantywatcher

Once in a while a good player might be playing in a poor team - it has happened!

My understanding is that Bristol Rovers fans don't rate Lockyear. Joe's unlucky - but as long as he continues his current form he'll be in the squad sooner rather than later.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:14 - Nov 5 with 2733 viewsBytholWyn

Lockyear may be a right-sided centre back - so that may explain his selection, with James Lawrence, as a left-sided CB coming in instead of Joe. Joe may have lost out just because of some bad timing with trying to get James Lawrence tied to the Welsh cause.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:23 - Nov 5 with 2724 viewshobo

How much would Lockyer set us back? 200+ league game at the age of 23 is very impressive
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 16:05 - Nov 5 with 2688 viewsjasper_T

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 15:14 - Nov 5 by BytholWyn

Lockyear may be a right-sided centre back - so that may explain his selection, with James Lawrence, as a left-sided CB coming in instead of Joe. Joe may have lost out just because of some bad timing with trying to get James Lawrence tied to the Welsh cause.

Joe's primarily been a right-sided player for the development sides. Two good feet.
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 16:37 - Nov 5 with 2656 viewsBytholWyn

Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 16:05 - Nov 5 by jasper_T

Joe's primarily been a right-sided player for the development sides. Two good feet.

Good point. When Rodon captained Wales U21s he played on the right-side of the CB pairing with Mepham - as you can see here:
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 16:42 - Nov 5 with 2650 viewsAl_Bundy

Surprised Gunter still gets selected
Connor and DJ get call-ups, but Rodon and John don't. on 17:14 - Nov 5 with 2626 viewsBadlands

Rodon would be a better choice than Chester IMO but as for John!!! Shouldn't be in the under 23s let alone Wales.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024