Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Midterms.. 22:27 - Nov 5 with 26641 viewsomarjack

Trump already promised violence if the GOP loses the house majority or the senate.

Also, It doesn't look like he'll be willing to step down in 2020 if he loses. His cult will flood the streets and do f*ck knows what.

That's what happens when people unite over a person rather than a country's interest in a democracy. They'd do anything to keep him in charge. Even defiling the constitution. That's how dictatorships are born. And that's how civil wars start.

I honestly don't think Trump will simply concede his "throne" to the Democrats. What would his supporters do? How will they find another person to worship like that?

Let's just say Trump serves 2 terms and his rule expires at 2024. Then what? No way in hell the GOP will just move on from this. They'll want him as president for life like the Kim family in North Korea. A 2nd civil war is on the way, which will affect the whole world which should obviously concern all of us. Dangerous, dangerous times.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 22:28]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

US Midterms.. on 23:25 - Nov 5 with 12096 viewsmajorraglan

I was listening to the news earlier and it certainly appears to be a very hostile election, if the Republicans lose control of both houses it’s possible Trump could be impeached.

Trump appears to have a popular ticket amongst a sizeable proportion of the electorate, but is that something that is carried through to the senior Republican politicians in Washington? Would the Republicans “use” a Democratic controlled Senate to oust Trump and bring in Pence, someone the party elite may feel more comfortable with? Trump appears to be very much his own man which some won’t like.
US Midterms.. on 23:26 - Nov 5 with 12094 viewspikeypaul

Calm down.

Unlike the UK the losers in the United States will accept democracy.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

US Midterms.. on 00:00 - Nov 6 with 12070 viewsDarran

US Midterms.. on 23:26 - Nov 5 by pikeypaul

Calm down.

lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_My_Presidents_Day

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

US Midterms.. on 01:07 - Nov 6 with 12043 viewsDJack

Calm down.

Horseschitt.

The amount of gerrymandering, moving of polling stations in poor districts, and the contrived removal of certain voters from their electoral register is astounding and anti-democratic.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

US Midterms.. on 05:04 - Nov 6 with 12006 viewspikeypaul

US Midterms.. on 01:07 - Nov 6 by DJack

Horseschitt.

The amount of gerrymandering, moving of polling stations in poor districts, and the contrived removal of certain voters from their electoral register is astounding and anti-democratic.

And there is your proof.

It seems the losing side in the UK these days can only make excuses.

I wonder if they would be crying like this if their preferred result came about?

I think not.

It’s very sad we have so many undemocratic snowflakes in this country now that can not
accept the will of the people and the results of elections and referendums.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

US Midterms.. on 05:37 - Nov 6 with 11996 viewsMo_Wives

F*ck me. They won't accept the results of an election? They'll turn to violence? What you mean is that they'll act like the left?
But don't worry. the media will be there to reframe the truth and keep the establishment boot lickers, like the OP, happy that they're the good guys.

https://fee.org/articles/the-danger-in-media-telling-only-half-the-story-on-poli

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-

It's almost like we don't have a swarm of f*cking cry babies taking to the streets every time they lose a vote. It's almost like we don't have black masked, left wing f*ckwits beating peaceful people in the streets. It's almost like we don't have left wing politicians calling for violence and harassment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/18/i-hope-trump-is-assass

I hear them cry about 'right wing totalitarian dictatorships' and I've realised the bit they don't like is the 'right wing' bit. They have no problem with a left wing totalitarian regime closing down their oppositions speech. They have no problem with their opposition getting arrested for things they say as long as they are still free to speak and think. And the OP is one of the worst, tbh.

They can do it to you...but don't you dare do it to them. They'll punch and punch and punch, then when you punch back they cry "Look everyone...he punched me".
Ladies and gentlemen I present todays left wing...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 09:23 - Nov 6 with 11936 viewsLeonWasGod

US Midterms.. on 05:37 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

F*ck me. They won't accept the results of an election? They'll turn to violence? What you mean is that they'll act like the left?
But don't worry. the media will be there to reframe the truth and keep the establishment boot lickers, like the OP, happy that they're the good guys.

https://fee.org/articles/the-danger-in-media-telling-only-half-the-story-on-poli

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-

It's almost like we don't have a swarm of f*cking cry babies taking to the streets every time they lose a vote. It's almost like we don't have black masked, left wing f*ckwits beating peaceful people in the streets. It's almost like we don't have left wing politicians calling for violence and harassment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/18/i-hope-trump-is-assass

I hear them cry about 'right wing totalitarian dictatorships' and I've realised the bit they don't like is the 'right wing' bit. They have no problem with a left wing totalitarian regime closing down their oppositions speech. They have no problem with their opposition getting arrested for things they say as long as they are still free to speak and think. And the OP is one of the worst, tbh.

They can do it to you...but don't you dare do it to them. They'll punch and punch and punch, then when you punch back they cry "Look everyone...he punched me".

Nice rant
US Midterms.. on 09:40 - Nov 6 with 11917 viewsBadlands

Calm down.

Seriously?
Clinton gained 3 million more votes than Trump but came second because of the gammon filled electoral college system.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

US Midterms.. on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 11914 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 09:23 - Nov 6 by LeonWasGod

Nice rant

It was

But tbh, I been waiting for it for about a year. I thought as soon as they win a vote and someone on the right suggests that they will now #resist or says "Democracy doesn't stop" they'll all be out crying. We didn't even need to get to that point.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 11904 viewsA_Fans_Dad

US Midterms.. on 05:37 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

Mo, any idea what the OP is smoking to come up with that complete load of Cobblers?
Or did he forget the Sarc tag?
US Midterms.. on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 11901 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 09:40 - Nov 6 by Badlands

Seriously?
Clinton gained 3 million more votes than Trump but came second because of the gammon filled electoral college system.

If they had been playing a most votes win game then maybe Trump would have changed his strategy.

You can't play chess and then when you've lost say "But I took more of your horses and castles and shit"

Why can't people understand this? They were playing an electoral system...you don't win by getting the most votes. If that's what you tried to do then you're a f*cking spaz.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 10:00]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 09:59 - Nov 6 with 11898 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 09:51 - Nov 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Mo, any idea what the OP is smoking to come up with that complete load of Cobblers?
Or did he forget the Sarc tag?

God knows, Dad.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 10:03 - Nov 6 with 11890 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 09:40 - Nov 6 by Badlands

Seriously?

Great news, Badlands, it turns out we beat Rotherham because Daniel James kicked the ball over the cross bar three times. So by rugby scoring we win.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 10:21 - Nov 6 with 11872 viewsAce_Jack

US Midterms.. on 09:54 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

If they had been playing a most votes win game then maybe Trump would have changed his strategy.

You can't play chess and then when you've lost say "But I took more of your horses and castles and shit"

Why can't people understand this? They were playing an electoral system...you don't win by getting the most votes. If that's what you tried to do then you're a f*cking spaz.

It's an antiquated system thats a hang-over from appeasing former slave states. The sooner it's abolished the better.
US Midterms.. on 10:24 - Nov 6 with 11869 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 10:21 - Nov 6 by Ace_Jack

It's an antiquated system thats a hang-over from appeasing former slave states. The sooner it's abolished the better.

OK, Ace, that's fine. But don't agree to play that system and when you lose cry about it. Or am I wrong?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 10:31 - Nov 6 with 11844 viewswestwalesed

US Midterms.. on 09:54 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

Furthermore, had Clinton won but lost the popular vote there is no way on Earth Democrats would have graciously handed the presidency to Mr Trump.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

US Midterms.. on 10:37 - Nov 6 with 11840 viewsAce_Jack

US Midterms.. on 10:24 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

OK, Ace, that's fine. But don't agree to play that system and when you lose cry about it. Or am I wrong?

In what way is that important? So because the Dems ran a candidate that means they can't complain about how ridiculous the system is? Trump ran the board on election night but the fact he won with 3 million less votes shows the system is broken. No hypothetical conversations about alternative strategies changes that.

The House of Representatives is so perversely gerrymandered that the Dems will need to win the popular vote by 11% more than Republicans to overcome it. Why does your participation in a system forfeit your right to complain about it?
US Midterms.. on 10:38 - Nov 6 with 11836 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 10:31 - Nov 6 by westwalesed

Furthermore, had Clinton won but lost the popular vote there is no way on Earth Democrats would have graciously handed the presidency to Mr Trump.

Spot on, Ed.

Remember before 'Russia rigged the election' and Hilary had a 90% chance of winning this is how they were...

Honestly, they're the worst people in the f*cking world

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 10:42 - Nov 6 with 11833 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 10:37 - Nov 6 by Ace_Jack

In what way is that important? So because the Dems ran a candidate that means they can't complain about how ridiculous the system is? Trump ran the board on election night but the fact he won with 3 million less votes shows the system is broken. No hypothetical conversations about alternative strategies changes that.

The House of Representatives is so perversely gerrymandered that the Dems will need to win the popular vote by 11% more than Republicans to overcome it. Why does your participation in a system forfeit your right to complain about it?

You're not complaining because the system is broken. You're complaining because you lost.
Are you saying you honestly believe that the Dems would be crying if they'd won using that system?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 10:50 - Nov 6 with 11824 viewsAce_Jack

US Midterms.. on 10:42 - Nov 6 by Mo_Wives

You're not complaining because the system is broken. You're complaining because you lost.
Are you saying you honestly believe that the Dems would be crying if they'd won using that system?

You've run out of arguments so you're just moving on. Good one.

Yes I'm complaining because the system is broken. I do it all the time and have done on here for god knows how long. I'm not a US citizen and I'm not a democrat.

The electoral college is bullsh*t. The GOP used their statewide wins after 2010 to gerrymander the electoral districts to historically favorable levels. Both are bad for democracy.

While we are here, First Past the Post is bullsh*t, the additional member system is bullsh*t, and advisory referendums are bullsh*t.
US Midterms.. on 11:50 - Nov 6 with 11779 viewswestwalesed

US Midterms.. on 10:37 - Nov 6 by Ace_Jack

The other day in Rotherham we had almost 80% possession and lost 2-1.

I think that votes cast should ideally reflect the winner, but Mo is absolutely right when he says "the system is the system" and until the system changes you have to box clever and PLAY the system.

US Midterms.. on 11:52 - Nov 6 with 11775 viewswestwalesed

US Midterms.. on 10:50 - Nov 6 by Ace_Jack

Yes I'm complaining because the system is broken. I do it all the time and have done on here for god knows how long. I'm not a US citizen and I'm not a democrat.

The electoral college is bullsh*t. The GOP used their statewide wins after 2010 to gerrymander the electoral districts to historically favorable levels. Both are bad for democracy.

While we are here, First Past the Post is bullsh*t, the additional member system is bullsh*t, and advisory referendums are bullsh*t.

So you want a popular vote to decide the outcome of a Presidential Ballot but not a Referendum?

US Midterms.. on 12:09 - Nov 6 with 11759 viewsHumpty

So all our Trump fans have forgotten this then?
US Midterms.. on 12:57 - Nov 6 with 11718 viewsMo_Wives

US Midterms.. on 10:50 - Nov 6 by Ace_Jack

Yes, it's bad for democracy. Yes, it's undemocratic...because it was designed to be that way. The US is not a democracy it's a constitutional republic. The founding fathers said they used the electoral system to avoid the tyranny of the majority. The US is massive, the states are very different from each other. People in California have very different beliefs from people in the Midwest. If you had a majority vote then both candidates would pander to the costal states. They designed it this way so that all areas of a very diverse (beliefs) country would have a say.

The reason I was moving on, Ace, is that the electoral college being good or bad is not an argument I'm making. I don't make my mind up on things until I've looked at both sides of the argument. I haven't on this issue. Maybe you can win me over to your side.

The argument I was making is that if going forward they said it's going to be a majority wins situation then Republicans would change their strategy and if you think they wouldn't then you're crazy.
So when people cry Hilary won the popular vote, my reply is "Someone tell the tw@t she was playing the wrong game"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

US Midterms.. on 13:00 - Nov 6 with 11713 viewsAce_Jack

US Midterms.. on 11:52 - Nov 6 by westwalesed

So you want a popular vote to decide the outcome of a Presidential Ballot but not a Referendum?

I said advisory referendum and was clearly talking in the context of UK parliamentary democracy. Keep up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024