Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The greatest female singer of all time? 22:26 - Nov 6 with 10862 viewsattila_the_hun

"I'm Free"

The greatest female singer of all time? on 16:44 - Nov 7 with 2863 viewsHighjack

Yoko Ono

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The greatest female singer of all time? on 17:21 - Nov 7 with 2836 viewsNaughty71

It's all subjective isn't it?

Annie Lennox for me.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

The greatest female singer of all time? on 18:37 - Nov 7 with 2817 viewsWingstandwood

For sheer Harmonising?.... Agnetha and Frida from ABBA.....For sheer talent, vocal range and versatility?.... Linda Ronstadt i.e. Rock, Pop, Ballard, operetta, Latino, stage musical.

For easy listening style Karen Carpenter.

Argus!

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:13 - Nov 7 with 2781 viewskrunchykarrot

Its all about taste some of the greatest ever have been mentioned Aretha&Etta will take some beating, i love listening to Stevie Nicks who you cant put in mentioned company but im sure we can put her top of some table if we tried?

There is good taste and those who are musically stunted, i recently came across Cynthia Erivo dear god she has lungs(check out Prince tribute) and is amazing but not my cup of tea but i can fully appreciate her brilliance.

But i think i will defer to Tom who has duetted with them all more or less who when asked said that without doubt Whitney had the best voice he had heard and yet i have never bought a single track.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:48 - Nov 7 with 2759 viewssherpajacob

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:49 - Nov 7 with 2758 viewsScotia

I've got to mention Amy Winehouse. Not the messed up performer of her last 18 months, but at her best easily the best natural singer the UK has ever produced.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:51 - Nov 7 with 2750 viewsCatullus

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:13 - Nov 7 by krunchykarrot

Its all about taste some of the greatest ever have been mentioned Aretha&Etta will take some beating, i love listening to Stevie Nicks who you cant put in mentioned company but im sure we can put her top of some table if we tried?

There is good taste and those who are musically stunted, i recently came across Cynthia Erivo dear god she has lungs(check out Prince tribute) and is amazing but not my cup of tea but i can fully appreciate her brilliance.

But i think i will defer to Tom who has duetted with them all more or less who when asked said that without doubt Whitney had the best voice he had heard and yet i have never bought a single track.

Whitney had a great voice and is also a very good warning about the dangers of choosing the wrong company and too many recreational drugs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The greatest female singer of all time? on 21:36 - Nov 7 with 2722 viewsmonmouth

The greatest female singer of all time? on 08:22 - Nov 7 by Muteswan

We’ve had some really good female singers at Swansea Jazzland over the last couple of years, including Gabrielle Ducomble, Judith Nijland and coming on December 12th Claire Martin, who has just won 2018 Award for Best British Jazz Vocalist. Come along and check it out, but book tickets early, it will be very popular.

Claire Martin's Too Darn Hot album is a particular favourite of mine. Her timing is excellent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The greatest female singer of all time? on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 2701 viewsexhmrc1

Alison krauss amazing voice
The greatest female singer of all time? on 03:32 - Nov 8 with 2643 viewsJack59

Shirley Bassey at one time commanded the highest fee for any female singer when performing at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Coincidentally, around that time and after the death of Elvis Presley, Tom Jones held the same distinction at that venue.
I think this would have been 1980, and the highest paid male actor in the world at that time was also probably Welshman Sir Richard Burton.

I can't imagine how all this could have been possible before the existence of the WAG.

Shirley Bassey probably the second most talented individual to come out of Cardiff after John Toshack.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:31 - Nov 8 with 2597 viewsWarwickHunt

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:49 - Nov 7 by Scotia

I've got to mention Amy Winehouse. Not the messed up performer of her last 18 months, but at her best easily the best natural singer the UK has ever produced.

Couldn’t hold a candle to Dusty.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:35 - Nov 8 with 2591 viewsHubert

The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:31 - Nov 8 by WarwickHunt

Couldn’t hold a candle to Dusty.

Nope, but could hold it to some tin foil pretty well
The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:36 - Nov 8 with 2590 viewsShaky

Don't think most appreciate the difficulty of singing disco, and the range required.

Take for example Chaka Khan:

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:39 - Nov 8 with 2588 viewsWarwickHunt

The greatest female singer of all time? on 21:36 - Nov 7 by monmouth

Claire Martin's Too Darn Hot album is a particular favourite of mine. Her timing is excellent.

Check the credits - the Cottle brothers are two of Swansea’s finest.😎
The greatest female singer of all time? on 10:56 - Nov 8 with 2565 viewsswanjackal

Not sure greatest, but my favourites are Ann Wilson (Heart), Kim Carnes, Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) Stevie Nicks and Karen Carpenter. I generally am not a huge fan of female vocalists but I'm partial to listen to some of those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The greatest female singer of all time? on 22:39 - Nov 8 with 2481 viewsMervyn

Big fan of Mary Hopkin from her early solo years to accompying the underrated Peter skellern and Oasis
The greatest female singer of all time? on 08:37 - Nov 9 with 2431 viewsMo_Wives

The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:35 - Nov 8 by Hubert

Nope, but could hold it to some tin foil pretty well

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The greatest female singer of all time? on 18:47 - Nov 9 with 2374 viewsthe_oracle

Ella

Honorary mention

Anna Netrebko
Karen Carpenter
The greatest female singer of all time? on 18:58 - Nov 9 with 2368 viewsswanjackal

Terence Trent D'Arby

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The greatest female singer of all time? on 19:15 - Nov 9 with 2358 viewsperplex

Hard to pick the best singer as there are to many greats to pick from, but as a live performer Pink is a level above the rest and I have seen Whitney, and Celine great singers but there live shows can get tidious, of course I expect the many pensioners and small down mentality types on here to be agast with my post.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 19:16]
The greatest female singer of all time? on 19:57 - Nov 9 with 2344 viewsBanosswan

The greatest female singer of all time? on 10:56 - Nov 8 by swanjackal

Not sure greatest, but my favourites are Ann Wilson (Heart), Kim Carnes, Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) Stevie Nicks and Karen Carpenter. I generally am not a huge fan of female vocalists but I'm partial to listen to some of those.

Love the stuff Hope does with Massive Attack.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:20 - Nov 9 with 2337 viewsbonymine

The greatest female singer of all time? on 18:47 - Nov 9 by the_oracle

Ella

Honorary mention

Anna Netrebko
Karen Carpenter

Karen Carpenter for me without doubt...

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:44 - Nov 9 with 2326 viewsWarwickHunt

The greatest female singer of all time? on 19:15 - Nov 9 by perplex

Hard to pick the best singer as there are to many greats to pick from, but as a live performer Pink is a level above the rest and I have seen Whitney, and Celine great singers but there live shows can get tidious, of course I expect the many pensioners and small down mentality types on here to be agast with my post.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 19:16]

Only the spelling, chief...
The greatest female singer of all time? on 21:02 - Nov 9 with 2308 viewsDr_Winston

The greatest female singer of all time? on 03:32 - Nov 8 by Jack59

Shirley Bassey at one time commanded the highest fee for any female singer when performing at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Coincidentally, around that time and after the death of Elvis Presley, Tom Jones held the same distinction at that venue.
I think this would have been 1980, and the highest paid male actor in the world at that time was also probably Welshman Sir Richard Burton.

I can't imagine how all this could have been possible before the existence of the WAG.

Shirley Bassey probably the second most talented individual to come out of Cardiff after John Toshack.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to mention the Tiger Bay Foghorn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The greatest female singer of all time? on 23:35 - Nov 9 with 2273 viewsJohnw102

Ella Fitzgerald without any doubt. She did an LP with Count Basie "Ella sings - Basie swings" 100% nailed.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024