Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The greatest female singer of all time? 22:26 - Nov 6 with 10761 viewsattila_the_hun

"I'm Free"

The greatest female singer of all time? on 08:45 - Nov 10 with 1464 viewsyescomeon

The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:36 - Nov 8 by Shaky

Don't think most appreciate the difficulty of singing disco, and the range required.

Take for example Chaka Khan:

Yes mate!

When are the house nights coming back?

Upthecity!

The greatest female singer of all time? on 09:03 - Nov 10 with 1451 viewsyescomeon

That blue alien from fifth element surely:

In seriousness though, someone actually sang most of that.

http://en.traxmag.com/interview/35491-eric-serra-tells-the-secrets-of-the-diva-s

The best singers are probably opera singers, who are just on a completely different level to most pop singers, and most of us know nothing about (I'm guessing).

Inside that sphere though I would put forward Minnie Riperton, her voice blows me away. Especially that thing she does, which wikipedia reliably informs me is a "Coloratura soprano" (*shrug*).

This girl I stumbled across on youtube too, something about her voice just gives me goosebumps every time:

Upthecity!

The greatest female singer of all time? on 13:07 - Nov 10 with 1430 viewsperplex

The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:44 - Nov 9 by WarwickHunt

Only the spelling, chief...

Try not to be, as long as you know what I mean you will be fine.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 13:34 - Nov 10 with 1410 viewstheloneranger

Macy Gray

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The greatest female singer of all time? on 19:15 - Nov 11 with 1351 viewskarnataka

The greatest female singer of all time? on 10:56 - Nov 8 by swanjackal

Not sure greatest, but my favourites are Ann Wilson (Heart), Kim Carnes, Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) Stevie Nicks and Karen Carpenter. I generally am not a huge fan of female vocalists but I'm partial to listen to some of those.

Conversely, I am a huge fan of female singers and most of the bands I go to see all have female singers but I don't like any of those mentioned on this thread at all! Ann Wilson comes closet out of those mentioned.
The greatest female singer of all time? on 20:03 - Nov 11 with 1344 viewsJango

Stevie Nicks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024