Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jack Army 09:06 - Nov 7 with 17294 viewsattila_the_hun

for all those that keep making out it's just the one Union Jack flag at The Liberty

I think that might be more than one flag
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 12:29]

"I'm Free"

Union Jack Army on 01:36 - Nov 10 with 2680 viewsDJack

Union Jack Army on 22:39 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

Aldershot, Killy. She works behind the bar in the NAAFI. Nice girl if a bit free with her affections. Sturdy ankles.

...and hairy arms.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Union Jack Army on 07:49 - Nov 10 with 2634 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jack Army on 21:32 - Nov 8 by owainglyndwr

Go to swansea rail station and bus station on a Bluebirds home game.
Or the guy with his misses walking around Morriston

If there are students from Cardiff or surrounding areas (like that tw*t Jason Mohamed did) or people just moved here for work fair enough. But I'll say it here and now - if you're suggesting that there are born and bred Swansea boys and girls going up there to support Cardiff City you're wrong barring two anomalies - Carl Curtis's two boys. That's it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Union Jack Army on 08:03 - Nov 10 with 2626 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jack Army on 22:45 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Well you are not the only one who goes to every home game.

I might be wrong cos i was watching the football, but i understand from a third person that it was not there. Which is what i thought i saw....😂

Anyway good news if we never see it again, i think we are all agreed on that aren’t we .....? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Ych a fi !!

Are you that unaware of your own history? Unless you are Irish the likelihood is if you have "Welsh" family going back generations then you are ethnically British, even though I dislike that terminology. The Romano Britons were spread across the mainland up as far as the Scottish highlands. We haven't always been squeezed onto this peninsula we call Wales/Cymru you know.

Never let flags or politics ever cloud that. If you do you're confirming to someone else's made up identity that's been foisted on you. Now that really IS subservience.

Union Jack Army on 08:18 - Nov 10 with 2623 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jack Army on 09:03 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

We’ve been here umpteen times before but I’ve got ten minutes to spare so I’ll take you there again, Tramp. Wales is the only home nation represented on the flag, properly speaking. It’s a tri-Cruciform construct that is much more a pledge of faith than representative of geographic construct. Andrew was Galilean, George probably Cappadocian but Patrick, old Pat was a Neath boy.

Now look how thoughtful I am, Tramp. In recognition of the facts I’ve tracked this down for you and Killy. Get ‘er done, Champs...

He's a non Christian. His ilk shun and insult the cross of St David, the earlier flag of the diocese of Menevia which is now the Catholic diocesan of Swansea and surrounds.

He's a cherry picker, his "gang" is solely made up of ultra nationalist pagan Welsh speakers who dwell solely in the top end of the Neath and Dulais valleys . They're both very happy though.

And by the way Trampie, wasn't it Dyffryn Cellwen where St Patrick was born?

Union Jack Army on 08:23 - Nov 10 with 2620 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jack Army on 14:32 - Nov 9 by trampie

Swansea is a Welsh team, sport is tribal, it would be advantageous if a partisan atmosphere was created by fans supporting their Welsh club against mainly English opposition, I know white flight immigration from England is rife and we have next to no independent media it is nearly all Brit Nat media and our schools hardly teach any Welsh or Ancient British history but seeing flags representing sporting 'rivals' of ours is disappointing.

Wales is not represented on the union jack and the flag is flown by right wing racist extremist groups, flag of St George and the plastic paddies flag the same, not only that but those flags are flown by many of our rival teams from England, are we the same as them ? - of course not.

English and N.Irish flying those flags in our home end are being disrespectful to local fans that know their history, Welsh people doing it probably in most cases don't know the history of Wales and the issues Wales has had with England particularly in centuries past.

Your banging on about racists beggars belief. Don't you read your own posts? You're the epitome of "self unaware".
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 8:28]

Union Jack Army on 08:40 - Nov 10 with 2610 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jack Army on 17:43 - Nov 9 by owainglyndwr

Yes I will meet you for a coffee, and no I don't start new threads on the subject i just reply to threads already started.
No thend I don't see anything wrong with wearing a poppy.
But for me until wales is represented has a Union country.
I would not fly the Union flag, after all Wales is no longer a principality but a country.
So get your head out of ars@ and I will meet you for a coffee

Just a quick observation - nationalism hasn't served Swansea very well at all has it?

I, like many others foolishly voted for devolution and the result is a decaying Swansea with hardly a fraction of the funding that the Cardiff bay cabal has awarded to its adopted power base. We were much better off under Westminster. F*ck devolution, f*ck Welsh nationalist bigotry (I'm referring to peanut brain Trampie not you there Owain, not you BTW). National flags are a more recent invention to divide people for the benefit of the very few.

As I said earlier we conform to a label that's been shoved on us. Welsh is derived from the German word for foreigner . I'm not a foreigner in Great Britain, I'm as much a native as anyone else.

Union Jack Army on 11:14 - Nov 10 with 2568 viewsLoyal

Union Jack Army on 19:02 - Nov 9 by Dippy

A thread where.. pikeypaul, Loyal, trampie and kilkenny argue the same old allegiance.

One of the owners of the Swans British flag is English.. who supports the Swans..

I'm not arguing, I just post in response.
As I've said before not everything is an argument.
And you have missed out a load of other posters ...
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 11:26]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jack Army on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 2547 viewsSirjohnalot

It’s not being disrespectful, it’s not doing anything other than English fans supporting the Swans. I’m going to the game today with a number of English friends who love the Swans.

If seeing an English flag in the Swansea end causes you any grief or consternation in any way, you need a serious look at your life. I’d say the same if an opposition supporter was in the ‘wrong end’, supporting his team.

It is a game. It’s not war.

Wales, England, Scotland, France, Germany, we are not different, we are the same.

Do not understand this thread at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Union Jack Army on 20:52 - Nov 10 with 2476 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jack Army on 11:50 - Nov 10 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not being disrespectful, it’s not doing anything other than English fans supporting the Swans. I’m going to the game today with a number of English friends who love the Swans.

If seeing an English flag in the Swansea end causes you any grief or consternation in any way, you need a serious look at your life. I’d say the same if an opposition supporter was in the ‘wrong end’, supporting his team.

Wales, England, Scotland, France, Germany, we are not different, we are the same.

Totally agree.

England flags very welcome.

Its the single, recently missing, political union flag that is drawing the comment.

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jack Army on 22:08 - Nov 10 with 2447 viewsTNT

Union Jack Army on 11:50 - Nov 10 by Sirjohnalot

I'm a passionate Jack and Welshman.

As was my brother, who moved to England with his work.

We took our fk off Wales flags, emblazoned with Swansea City, all over the country in the '70s '80s '90s noughties ad infinitum. They've been in Holland, Spain, USA, Sweden, Romania and Italy.

My brother, now no longer with us, has a son who is as much a Jack as he or I, or any of you. He grew up following us in the lower leagues. He was born in England and wished to bring a st george flag / union jack flag to Swans games emblazoned with Swansea City to our games. He never did. Why? Because of the potential reaction from some. This, to me, is as poor as Swans fans not taking flags to Wales games back in the day because of cardiff scum. A generation needs to die, so that anyone who wishes to support a football team may put that team's name on whichever flag they choose.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Union Jack Army on 22:57 - Nov 10 with 2418 viewsSirjohnalot

Union Jack Army on 22:08 - Nov 10 by TNT

I'm a passionate Jack and Welshman.

As was my brother, who moved to England with his work.

We took our fk off Wales flags, emblazoned with Swansea City, all over the country in the '70s '80s '90s noughties ad infinitum. They've been in Holland, Spain, USA, Sweden, Romania and Italy.

My brother, now no longer with us, has a son who is as much a Jack as he or I, or any of you. He grew up following us in the lower leagues. He was born in England and wished to bring a st george flag / union jack flag to Swans games emblazoned with Swansea City to our games. He never did. Why? Because of the potential reaction from some. This, to me, is as poor as Swans fans not taking flags to Wales games back in the day because of cardiff scum. A generation needs to die, so that anyone who wishes to support a football team may put that team's name on whichever flag they choose.

Completely agree. The anti English songs today were embarrassing, we really need to get over this. Apart from anything else, it’s pathetic considering how much we owe to English players and managers in our rise.
Union Jack Army on 23:13 - Nov 10 with 2403 viewsTNT

Union Jack Army on 22:57 - Nov 10 by Sirjohnalot

Completely agree. The anti English songs today were embarrassing, we really need to get over this. Apart from anything else, it’s pathetic considering how much we owe to English players and managers in our rise.

Historically, and still these days, Swans fans get grief from supporters throughout the country of England, every other week, on their travels supporting our team, and give as good as they get, and quite rightly so. But if Swans fans, who wish to take st george / union jack flags to games were able to do so as they wish, the English may not give us as much grief at our away games.

If cardiff don't allow their fans to do this at all, then they have more of an issue than anyone.

Union Jack Army on 23:26 - Nov 10 with 2385 viewsSirjohnalot

Union Jack Army on 23:13 - Nov 10 by TNT

Historically, and still these days, Swans fans get grief from supporters throughout the country of England, every other week, on their travels supporting our team, and give as good as they get, and quite rightly so. But if Swans fans, who wish to take st george / union jack flags to games were able to do so as they wish, the English may not give us as much grief at our away games.

If cardiff don't allow their fans to do this at all, then they have more of an issue than anyone.

One song that made me shudder was the ‘its coming home, nothings coming home ‘. At least they qualified : )
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 23:26]
Union Jack Army on 23:38 - Nov 10 with 2371 viewsTNT

Union Jack Army on 23:26 - Nov 10 by Sirjohnalot

One song that made me shudder was the ‘its coming home, nothings coming home ‘. At least they qualified : )

I know where you're coming from mwsh...I get it.

However, if we stay on thread, cardiff don't allow any of their fans, wherever their offspring are born / live, go to games with st george / union jack flags... even though they have supporters who wish to do so.

Union Jack Army on 01:35 - Nov 11 with 2320 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Union Jack Army on 23:38 - Nov 10 by TNT

I know where you're coming from mwsh...I get it.

However, if we stay on thread, cardiff don't allow any of their fans, wherever their offspring are born / live, go to games with st george / union jack flags... even though they have supporters who wish to do so.

FFS. Take the Loyalist sectarian rubbish back to the bog it came from.
I know my welsh history, had two grand dads who fought and were gassed in the trenches fighting under that flag. I'm sure they would be mortified on this day of days to see it hijacked for racist politicial purposes.
Union Jack Army on 01:47 - Nov 11 with 2315 viewsLohengrin

Union Jack Army on 01:35 - Nov 11 by Townhill_Hilton

FFS. Take the Loyalist sectarian rubbish back to the bog it came from.
I know my welsh history, had two grand dads who fought and were gassed in the trenches fighting under that flag. I'm sure they would be mortified on this day of days to see it hijacked for racist politicial purposes.

Really? I’d dip my bollocks in chip fat if either of your grandfathers had ever heard of the word ‘racist’. You can’t re-write the past.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jack Army on 09:40 - Nov 11 with 2235 viewsCatullus

Union Jack Army on 14:32 - Nov 9 by trampie

Swansea is a Welsh team, sport is tribal, it would be advantageous if a partisan atmosphere was created by fans supporting their Welsh club against mainly English opposition, I know white flight immigration from England is rife and we have next to no independent media it is nearly all Brit Nat media and our schools hardly teach any Welsh or Ancient British history but seeing flags representing sporting 'rivals' of ours is disappointing.

Wales is not represented on the union jack and the flag is flown by right wing racist extremist groups, flag of St George and the plastic paddies flag the same, not only that but those flags are flown by many of our rival teams from England, are we the same as them ? - of course not.

English and N.Irish flying those flags in our home end are being disrespectful to local fans that know their history, Welsh people doing it probably in most cases don't know the history of Wales and the issues Wales has had with England particularly in centuries past.

What a load of nonsense, does no one support a team from another area or country? Are there no Manc or Liverpool supporters outside those areas? Am I imagining it when I see people in Swansea walking arouind in other teams colours, Barcelona being particularly popular around my area right now. I even see grown men wearing the shirts of other countries.
On the Union flag, it has been there every game. I sit about 10 rows up behind it and see it every match. It's on the front wall of the upper tier by the steps to EU6/7. The stewards did try to remove it but got shouted down by a large number of people.

I was in hospital this week for a small procedure, my doctor was English and from Nottingham, a Forest fan. He has Swansea season tickets for himself and his son. What do you make of that Trampie? Do you consider it bad, would it be worse to know his name was Choudary?
All this racist, xenophobic crap really riles me. I am British Welsh too and proud of it. All this English hating is despicable, I have relatives from Ireland, England and much further afield and what we all have in common is we are human beings so try behaving like one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Union Jack on 10:20 - Nov 11 with 2216 viewsSirjohnalot

Union Jack Army on 09:40 - Nov 11 by Catullus

What a load of nonsense, does no one support a team from another area or country? Are there no Manc or Liverpool supporters outside those areas? Am I imagining it when I see people in Swansea walking arouind in other teams colours, Barcelona being particularly popular around my area right now. I even see grown men wearing the shirts of other countries.
On the Union flag, it has been there every game. I sit about 10 rows up behind it and see it every match. It's on the front wall of the upper tier by the steps to EU6/7. The stewards did try to remove it but got shouted down by a large number of people.

I was in hospital this week for a small procedure, my doctor was English and from Nottingham, a Forest fan. He has Swansea season tickets for himself and his son. What do you make of that Trampie? Do you consider it bad, would it be worse to know his name was Choudary?
All this racist, xenophobic crap really riles me. I am British Welsh too and proud of it. All this English hating is despicable, I have relatives from Ireland, England and much further afield and what we all have in common is we are human beings so try behaving like one.

Absolutely spot on.

I’m from Neath but moved up to tha North West of England 15 years ago, I also married an English woman. People in the North of England, are, on the whole, extremely friendly, charming, working class and very similar to the South Walians.

As I said before it make me cringe, the stupid and childish ‘England is full of sht’ songs that we insist on singing. We’ve a lot of English fans. Let them bring whatever flag they want. If they’re supporting the Swans, who cares where they’re from.
Union Jack Army on 10:38 - Nov 11 with 2204 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jack Army on 23:26 - Nov 10 by Sirjohnalot

What do you make of the English fans chanting ‘sheep shaggers’ every week ?
Should we smile and clap in response.

No - its called rivalry.
We enjoy the niggle, they enjoy the niggle.
Thats why the fans do it.

I am sure our English players have a laugh as they represent a welsh club.
Its not a surprise to them.

Take a look at the Wales team celebrating inthe Euro’s when England lost to Iceland.
Its rivalry, its part of the sport.

And the England fans ‘there’ll be no sheep shaggers in Moscow’ song. .....😂 🐑

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jack on 11:07 - Nov 11 with 2183 viewstrampie

Union Jack on 10:20 - Nov 11 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely spot on.

I’m from Neath but moved up to tha North West of England 15 years ago, I also married an English woman. People in the North of England, are, on the whole, extremely friendly, charming, working class and very similar to the South Walians.

As I said before it make me cringe, the stupid and childish ‘England is full of sht’ songs that we insist on singing. We’ve a lot of English fans. Let them bring whatever flag they want. If they’re supporting the Swans, who cares where they’re from.

Ive been to the North West of England and with no provocation of any kind they was chanting 'Aberfan' at Swansea supporters, I don't want to get involved in a hierarchy of terrible incidents but that was the worst tragedy I know off and that is what those fans of a team in the North West of England were chanting.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 11:07]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Union Jack Army on 11:15 - Nov 11 with 2176 viewsLohengrin

Union Jack Army on 10:38 - Nov 11 by Kilkennyjack

What do you make of the English fans chanting ‘sheep shaggers’ every week ?
Should we smile and clap in response.

No - its called rivalry.
We enjoy the niggle, they enjoy the niggle.
Thats why the fans do it.

I am sure our English players have a laugh as they represent a welsh club.
Its not a surprise to them.

Take a look at the Wales team celebrating inthe Euro’s when England lost to Iceland.
Its rivalry, its part of the sport.

And the England fans ‘there’ll be no sheep shaggers in Moscow’ song. .....😂 🐑

For the record Killy I’ve never bothered cattle of any description but it hasn’t escaped my notice that recently Trampie has been displaying an unhealthy interest in regimental goats...

Union Jack Army on 11:41 - Nov 11 with 2162 viewsGowerjack

Union Jack Army on 01:47 - Nov 11 by Lohengrin

Really? I’d dip my bollocks in chip fat if either of your grandfathers had ever heard of the word ‘racist’. You can’t re-write the past.

That's a wilful misunderstanding of the post.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Union Jack on 11:44 - Nov 11 with 2153 viewsSirjohnalot

Union Jack on 11:07 - Nov 11 by trampie

Ive been to the North West of England and with no provocation of any kind they was chanting 'Aberfan' at Swansea supporters, I don't want to get involved in a hierarchy of terrible incidents but that was the worst tragedy I know off and that is what those fans of a team in the North West of England were chanting.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 11:07]

Abhorrent and disgusting, of course, but I’ve lived here for 15 years and never encountered anything like that.

I can only speak as I find.
Union Jack Army on 11:48 - Nov 11 with 2146 viewsLohengrin

Union Jack Army on 11:41 - Nov 11 by Gowerjack

That's a wilful misunderstanding of the post.

Oh! no it isn’t...

Union Jack Army on 11:00 - Nov 12 with 2029 viewsattila_the_hun

Union Jack Army on 12:23 - Nov 9 by attila_the_hun

Brendan Rodgers used to be a proud Poppy wearer, now he manages the Catholic team he doesn't wear one. Good principles from Brenda .....not.

is the club vermin or is Brendan Vermin? he has worn one before so it's his choice.....the weasly little shit
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 12:25]

The David Brent of football actually grew some balls and wore a Poppy yesterday,

FUN FACT - Celtic have never won a game when Manager Brendan Rodgers has worn a Poppy

"I'm Free"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024